Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Summer sledneckin in the wilderness Dbags

At first, i thought well why not? still snow up high, but then it turns out to be wilderness, and then no snow on their egress.

Then the comments about the guy (not a ton of respect). Maybe he is on TGR?? According to first reports, he is the owner of this company Virtika.com

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/loca...oader-concern/

Note - while obviously d-bags, and of course this BS ruins it for everyone/is why we can have nice things, I have to wonder if the indy pass conservation group and aspen times would have published an article with pics of non-motorized instafamers trampling stuff with epic pics of their epic lives?

Name:  sledwild.PNG
Views: 8209
Size:  317.9 KB

Name:  virk.PNG
Views: 4015
Size:  670.7 KB

Don't read the Aspen Times (my application was rejected), but I recall a decent sized media backlash against the insta influential trampling on the huge wildflower superbloom in California this spring. All press is good press so I am glad when any type of bad behavior is called out (even if it is honest ignorance), but I would have preferred it being two good looking women on bikes than 1400 pounds of dudes and their machines.

Is that a midget in a bikini?
    Edit- two midgets?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Is that a midget in a bikini?
    Edit- two midgets?
    The one on the left looks kind of hot from afar, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    The one on the left looks kind of hot from afar, eh?
    I thought it was a huge camel or something. Haven't watched the video

The new mentality is that everything goes in Colorado.

Oh Jesus, that asshole again.

Someone who knows him go bitch slap that trust fund fuckwit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The new mentality is that everything goes in Colorado.
    Marijuana does that

huh I thought it was entitlement and stupidity, my bad.

David Lesh? That name rang a bell, and I did a search; this isn't the first time he's been mentioned here (many of the mentions are him trying to spam the board). Yeah, total D-Bag.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It is so hard for me to say that self regulation isn't working and that we need more LEOs, tickets and fines but what else even has a chance of working? The few douchebag motorized users are really limiting access for everyone. SXSs are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    It is so hard for me to say that self regulation isn't working and that we need more LEOs, tickets and fines but what else even has a chance of working? The few douchebag motorized users are really limiting access for everyone. SXSs are the worst.
    A few confiscated sleds which are then sold at auction, combined with a large fine ($10,000?) should send a message...

fines are usually so laughably small for violations of all kinds on public land. not only is the chance of being caught low, but the penalties are low too. sxs, motos, atvs are so powerful that it takes just a few assholes to completely destroy a meadow. this incident with snowmobiles in a wet alpine meadow is just unbelievable. getting a budget for more law enforcement is unlikely, but I wonder what it would take to introduce truly punitive fines that might be painful enough to change someone's risk/benefit analysis. having done some brief googling, it seems like OHV violations on USFS land or penalties for riding snowmobiles in wilderness have a maximum fine of $5,000 and I think they need to have you dead to rights. even then, govt gives so many people slaps on the wrist for fucking up our public land.

That is some next-level fucktardery. The sled thing is pretty douchey, too.

The words "sugar" and "gas tanks" keep circling around in my brain for some reason.

Send DD to deal with them like he handled the Tomahawk guys.
    I still call it The Jake.

It doesn't fuck up your snowmobile when you ride it on not snow?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Was he drifting sideways while shooting the wilderness boundary signs with his 9mm? Will he post a fake apology later?

He's doing stupid shit on purpose for the free publicity. I bet that last Friday video/arrest/apology sold thousands of xxxxxl hoodies.

Seizure of sled, truck sled came in on, trailer they were camping in, their dos gopros, the little people they were posing with, the camels - basically everything.

yes. moisture lubes the slidy parts...but sounds like the wetlands were pretty wet. definitely not designed to do that for long.

Hopefully this doesn't impact an effort I'm working on w the local FS office. Different areas have different closing dates. For example Vail pass formally closes May 21st to over the snow motor access. Was out there with a group riding that day and there was still epic snow levels.. in fact the public Forest restroom on Shrine Pass road was still only visible at the roof line.

We are working to determine a process to request extended access on big snow years like this one. Other areas don't have such a hard stop but it was a shame to not be able to ride late May or into June.

The good news is several snowmobile groups have all come out in unison and denounced the action and made this known to the forest service.

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    The good news is several snowmobile groups have all come out in unison and denounced the action and made this known to the forest service.
    In fact a snowmobile advocate was the first one (that I saw) to identify they guy and immediately sent it to the FS.

And if anyone happens upon this guy IRL, feel free to dick punch him.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    And if anyone happens upon this guy IRL, feel free to dick punch him.
    good stuff!

takes loose snow to cool the sled as it passes through the tunnel...people that ride groomed trails typically need "scratchers" which kicks up a little loose white stuff to do the job...so yes it does fuk em up if there is no moisture going through the tunnel for periods of time...overheats the engine...and you know the rest....maybe they dont kno that so they will just blo the engines...i didnt watch....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

And if anyone happens upon this guy IRL
    he's got an office/warehouse in denver,,... fairly easy guy to find... i think....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....