Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    There’s a lot to hate.

But also our hate is his brand. The kids are like “look how he pwns those geezers at tgr”

But, he's an asshole. Makes my skin crawl, him and his instagramy types. I'm supposed to like him?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You mean, like Trump, without the inheritance.

Yeah, you got it. I actually typed almost that exact phrase, then deleted it....trying to maintain our community standards and all, having myself been an original 2008 proponent of building the wall between us and those craven animals over in polyass.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But, he's an asshole. Makes my skin crawl, him and his instagramy types. I'm supposed to like him?

The best reaction is no reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I guess, but, don't ignore this stuff. Study it, become familiar, because that knowledge may help prevent one from being scammed by such a grifter in the future.

There's a weapon
    That we must use
    In our defense
    Silence reveals
    When you look at them
    Look right through them
    That's when they'll disappear
    That's when we'll be feared

ok. But when he drives a sled into a wilderness area, it's kind of hard not to have a fucking reaction.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yes, well, that’s what makes it effective.

I'm gonna buy some of his gear and wear it around, that should take the cool out of it in a heartbeat.

yes, well, that’s what makes it effective.
    Yeah, there is a marketing maxim that goes something like this: "to get attention and separate yourself from others, walk the line between provocative and polarizing"... The thing is, that is a shifting line in our current culture and the only way to know where it is, is by doing... In the end it's a numbers game, you'll win some, and you'll lose some. I'm watching it just to see how it tracks over time.

For me, it's douchebaggery at it's best/worst and I am not a fan, I would never support his brand/product with money from my wallet.
    How many people are there out there like me? IDK. I would like to believe that there is a law of diminishing return that couples with karma that will end up kicking his ass.

Man, if you guys had seen the late 90's skateboarding brands attempts to constantly one up each other your heads would explode. This dork is just taking it to the friendly skies and your local wilderness area.

I can't imagine this latest was a stunt. I was curious, went hunting for statistics on ditching, and found these:

"From 1993 to 1998 alone, 82 light aircraft ditchings occurred in the United States. Of the 165 pilots and passengers involved, 59 perished"

"The chances of surviving a ditching without training, according to NTSB statistics, are approximately 69 percent."

Safer to climb Everest.

His whole life is stunting yo

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I can't imagine this latest was a stunt. I was curious, went hunting for statistics on ditching, and found these:

"From 1993 to 1998 alone, 82 light aircraft ditchings occurred in the United States. Of the 165 pilots and passengers involved, 59 perished"

"The chances of surviving a ditching without training, according to NTSB statistics, are approximately 69 percent."

Safer to climb Everest.
    I'd imagine the odds of survival are a lot higher when one ditches near a large metro area while having a second plane on hand to act as a spotter/director for rescue efforts. If one were to add in the opportunity to pick the weather/water conditions in addition to the ditching location...

Yeah, spotter in another plane, lifejackets ready, Phone ready. calm, daylight conditions . It stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm gonna buy some of his gear and wear it around, that should take the cool out of it in a heartbeat.
    I wonder if it would be enough to just complement each skittle you see wearing his crap. “

Ahh dude is that (I don’t even know what his brand is but assume I do here)? Man that DL is sooo rad. You look amazing. Love the taste-the-rainbow color scheme”

Should have them begging mom for a different set up by Christmas.

I'm not out to defend the guy, but it's an interesting thing he's been able to convince so many people of that trust-funder image.

Real background is more like one of those grifter rainbow-family gypsy types. Some childhood in India, some time knocking around in Wisconsin, dropped out of high school to sell weed.

the whole trust-fund thing is byproduct of those videos, which he says were put together with a lot of favors and a low budget.

He borrows money to get product made in China or Vietnam or whatever....then makes what he makes. The whole thing is a hustle. He built it all from scratch. The flashy douchey bullshit plays with the skittle kids.

It was incredibly fascinating to learn all of this listening to Mike Powell's podcast.

edit: here's a link to that very interesting podcast:
    http://www.thepowellmovement.com/lis...111-david-lesh

anyway, fuck ripping up the wilderness. Fuck crashing planes in the ocean. Fuck all that. The point I wanted to make is that Lesh is kind of like one of those professional wrestlers who pretends to be rich, then eventually that act makes them rich. Like Ted Dibiase (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_DiBiase) , or Ric Flair. And he's playing all that up for the 13 year olds who buy Virtika. If you think he's a trust-funder, you're buying his act hook line and sinker.... "Larry the Cable Guy" is really a character created by comedian Dan Whitney. Andrew Dice Clay is a character created by comedian Andrew Silverstein. Trust-funder David Lesh is a character created by small-time ski industry hustler David Lesh.

re-edit: here's an article if you don't want to do that podcast
    https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...esh-FD-Exposed

Weird deal, he's definitely laid an epic series of trolls.
    I don't believe that narrative. Not for one minute and the fact that it appears that every bio on him from the press reads the same way makes me even more suspect of it. Maybe that's his point, or maybe he's got rich parents, but grew up in the 90s when gangster rap was king and his narrative fits his fairy gangster persona better.

Does this narrative that you are pushing talk about the first ski clothing company he bankrupted? seems like he bounced back pretty fast for a self made guy.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I don't believe that narrative. Not for one minute and the fact that it appears that every bio on him from the press reads the same way makes me even more suspect of it. Maybe that's his point, or maybe he's got rich parents, but grew up in the 90s when gangster rap was king and his narrative fits his fairy gangster persona better.

Does this narrative that you are pushing talk about the first ski clothing company he bankrupted? seems like he bounced back pretty fast for a self made guy.
    it also kind of seems like airplanes are expensive

BRB.....

Yep.

Just checked.

Airplanes are expensive.

Trust fund or not, they're definitely expensive.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Wow... Faith in TGR is restored as someone really stepped up to the plate. In the last video from the abc7 new report, as he watches his plane disappear he must have remembered reading this thread. Whoever put sugar in the tank of the plane deserves a big high five. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    it also kind of seems like airplanes are expensive

BRB.....

Yep.

Just checked.

Airplanes are expensive.

Trust fund or not, they're definitely expensive.
    I somewhat know the Pew brothers, the owners of Trew, a much more successful ski clothing company than Virtika, and they don't seem to be ballin' in their own airplanes like Douche Lesh. And I believe Trew had considerable help from Pew's parents/inheritance to get going.....

I read the bio on Lesh at least a year ago, maybe a couple, and it seemed like he was spinning rich hippie parents on some sort of a discovery mission to his advantage. That was my take then and I have no reason to doubt it now. Other than that,

I somewhat know the Pew brothers, the owners of Trew, a much more successful ski clothing company than Virtika, and they don't seem to be ballin' in their own airplanes like Douche Lesh. And I believe Trew had considerable help from Pew's parents/inheritance to get going.....
    Wasn't lesh also in a presidential motorcade or something? I would think that takes some connections (but in all fairness could have been tied to some small business owner initiative thing?)

Edit to add:
    http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-comme...resident-obama

Still seems suspect.

Yes, the narrative I’m pushing.
    Alrighty.

eggs

zackly
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    AFAIK Virtuka don't make ski pantaloons in denim.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?