Xd driver question

Does an 11 speed shimano compatible cassette exist for xd?

Just run a SRAM 11 speed XD cassette, it will work just fine.
    (If I interpret your question correctly?)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yea, just like rideit says.

It sounds like you have a hub with an XD Driver instead of the traditional Shimano freehub.
    In that case, you will definitely never get a Shimano branded cassette that will go on there. Fortunately you do have a bunch of options.
    Basically, any 11 speed XD cassette will work. Whether it's a Sram cassette or one of the 3rd parties (Box One, Sunrace, e13, Garbunk) your 11 speed Shimano shifter, derailleur and chain will work just fine.

Another option is buying a new Shimano freehub for the wheel. At first it'll feel like an unnecessary expense. Until you compare prices on Shimano Cassettes to the XD Sram Cassettes. You can usually buy a Shimano freehub and Shimano Cassette for less than a Sram Cassette. But their cog spacing is wonky in the 11-46, so not many people choosing that option these days.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    In that case, you will definitely never get a Shimano branded cassette that will go on there.
    Just a matter of finding the right hammer.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    It sounds like you have a hub with an XD Driver instead of the traditional Shimano freehub.
    In that case, you will definitely never get a Shimano branded cassette that will go on there. Fortunately you do have a bunch of options.
    Basically, any 11 speed XD cassette will work. Whether it's a Sram cassette or one of the 3rd parties (Box One, Sunrace, e13, Garbunk) your 11 speed Shimano shifter, derailleur and chain will work just fine.
    This is correct.
    I'm running 11sp Shimano XT shifter and derailleur, E13 TRS+ cassette, SRAM chain, and XD driver.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    This is correct.
    I'm running 11sp Shimano XT shifter and derailleur, E13 TRS+ cassette, SRAM chain, and XD driver.
    And by the end of the summer it will feel like sloppy garbage

Thanks all. Looking at some “carbon race day wheels” for a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    465mi on it so far and other than me bending the derailluer slightly with my LOFT* it's still just fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Lack Of Fucking Talent

Talk to me at 1,500 miles. You should be at that by Sept right?

Why's that?

I'm about to mount up a TRS cassette and XD driver, with SRAM chain, shifter, and derailleur. Just curious what I'm getting into.
    sproing!

All this shit doesn't last. I get 1,500 miles out of mtn bike drivetrains. It is fucking stupid.

I can answer that. TRS have lasted some here 200 or less miles. They seem to be establishing a reputation of durability issues for their hubs and in particular their cassettes. Talk to a shop guy before you move forward .

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I can answer that. TRS have lasted some here 200 or less miles. They seem to be establishing a reputation of durability issues for their hubs and in particular their cassettes. Talk to a shop guy before you move forward .
    Oh really? Damn. I got a TRSr 9-46 for free though, so...I figure I ought to use it. Thanks for the info.
    sproing!

I went thru 3 E13 cassettes, best I got was 800mi out of 1, before I wised up and bailed on them. Loved the range, hated the shifting and durability.

Now SRAM, has steel teeth so should last. I like the 10t 11th speed. Like many others I run Shimano shifters and rear mechs, but SRAM cassettes. I like Shimano cassettes too, can't beat XT for $60.

I don’t really know how many miles I ride.
    Sometimes i remember to get a new chain before the other stuff goes bad. But these days it seems like the chainring wears out at the same rate as the chain. And for the last few years, it seems like upgrades have been due right about when the last get wears out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Talk to me at 1,500 miles. You should be at that by Sept right?
    I wish I'd get that much riding in....

Had SRAM on my previous bike, which granted, was older derailluer tech, but I would break cables every 300mi or less because of the way the cable loops around in the derailleur. Maybe they changed the radius to fix that. Regardless, the slightly clunky shifting of my Shimano setup is way less annoying than replacing cables mid-ride.

Aluminum narrow/wide chainrings wear out faster than steel chains. Science yo...

For $5 - $10 get a chain stretch checker. For $30 get a bleed kit. Bikes are the simplest things to work on. Amazes me that grown men are so reluctant to work on them. A whole generation of just buy a new one off Amazon....

The tech in a modern SRAM rear derailleur is awesome. There is a pulley wheel built in to get the angle from the frame stop nice and smooth. Shimano can't even get the clutch mechanism right.

Pick up a Shimano driver for your hub, and then get the Sunrace 11-46 (the Box is the same damn thing, but the Sunrace can *usually*be found cheaper) or 11-50 cassette and ride on for way less money in the long run.

Bonus: lighter than the cheap SRAM cassettes, quite a bit cheaper, and you still have the XD driver for future use/resale. And they'll still last a long while.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Had SRAM on my previous bike, which granted, was older derailluer tech, but I would break cables every 300mi or less because of the way the cable loops around in the derailleur. Maybe they changed the radius to fix that. Regardless, the slightly clunky shifting of my Shimano setup is way less annoying than replacing cables mid-ride.
    That would make me swear off their product. In decades of riding, I’ve never snapped a shifter cable on the trail. I’ve had to replace a ton, but just because I was seeing a few strands worn. I’ve never thought about carrying a spare cable.
    On a side note, if any of you are changing cables, get the new coated ones. They are so smooth!
    Last edited by Canada1; 07-19-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Oh really? Damn. I got a TRSr 9-46 for free though, so...I figure I ought to use it. Thanks for the info.
    I got 700 miles plus on one, replaced it with the cheaper version wondering if would be more durable. Love the range for here and my 'style'
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I got 700 miles plus on one, replaced it with the cheaper version wondering if would be more durable. Love the range for here and my 'style'
    Got some good buddies in Carbondale (Sam and Kerry and son W) on Colorado Ave - wish I had my bike when I was visiting! That red hill looks sweet. Think our riding here in Truckee is somewhat similar if a bit dustier.

Rough to hear about the TRS rep - that's tough for a small brand to overcome. Love the 9-46 concept, hope they can work it out. The e13 dude who hooked it up was awesome - I'm sure not getting any hooks from Sram lol!
    sproing!