Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Open Championship at Portrush

This is such a great event to return to Portrush for only the second time, the first in 1951. Having spent most of November 2016 there, I'm particularly stoked! Most interesting and beautiful course I've ever played, three times, and twelve rounds at the adjoining course. The Open is held on the Dunluce Links, of the Royal Portrush Golf Club, and the adjoining course is the Valley Links supported by the way more fun Rathmore Golf Club.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Kenny McDowell and I after enjoying a pint at Rathmore Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1616.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	288705

Calamity, the then 14th now 16th hole. 200 yards into the wind, third round I hit driver to the front rolled the lag up 50 feet to six and made par. Doubt you’ll see many birdies there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1465.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	724.7 KB 
ID:	288706

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

wish i wasn't going to miss most of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Kenny McDowell and I after enjoying a pint at Rathmore Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1616.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	288705

Calamity, the then 14th now 16th hole. 200 yards into the wind, third round I hit driver to the front rolled the lag up 50 feet to six and made par. Doubt you’ll see many birdies there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1465.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	724.7 KB 
ID:	288706

Very cool! That looks like one nasty carry.
    I still call it The Jake.

What a course. Damnit Rory, what a shit start.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Very cool! That looks like one nasty carry.
    That's the social tees, at ~198, the championship tees are some 39 yards back, and slightly more elevated. First time I played it i pushed the first one right. Third time i hit driver to the front edge, got it within 6' and nailed the par. Alan Dunbar was my first round and only caddy, got him to bring his clubs and make a match of it. As he'd won the British Am and played in the Masters and US Open, he came out on top. I saw him at the Rathmore Club after I parred Calamity, he said good on ya, I birdied it! He did have to hit 5-wood, so i didn't feel too bad.

GMac had a great start, crap finish. Sucks that they found his ball on 18 just seconds after the new 3 minute limit on looking. That rough is fkn brutul, don't ask me how i know...

would like to see Fleetwood make a run...

Weather is all over the place. Been watching at work most of the day. Sunny. Then driving rain. Then sun. When you played in it a factor.

Typical Open I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Weather is all over the place. Been watching at work most of the day. Sunny. Then driving rain. Then sun. When you played in it a factor.

Typical Open I guess.
    Typical Portrush at least. We almost always started with rain pants on, and just adjusted the top layers for the changes...

Sergio!?!

(backs away slowly)

Whew, Dave Duval really had a trunk-slammer of a round out there, didn't he?

Tiger seems like he's back on drugs. Or isn't doing enough maybe?

Darn it Darren, a par on 18 you would have made the cut. C'mon GMac!!

Would really like to see Westy get his first major here. Top of the board is full of good storylines. Lowry, Fleetwood, Westy, Rose, Speith, Kuch...

i'm down with Lee Westwood, guy has been around forever but never won a major; it's not likely he wins unless the weather is a factor and knocks out some of the other leaders; but this is very likely his last chance.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

hotel tonight so tv for the first time in a week. hope to catch a little.

the more i read about tiger the more miraculous his win at augusta is. major schedule change didnt so him any favors.

Rory shoots a 65, best round of day 2, and still misses the cut at his hometown Open.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Rory shoots a 65, best round of day 2, and still misses the cut at his hometown Open.
    Ya, can't be 7 over on day one just on the first and last holes. Yesterday Tiger, Phil and Rory's combined score was higher than the 7 amateurs.
    GMac barely made the cut, Darren would have made it with a bogey on 18, but not a triple. I'm hoping Lowry, Fleetwood or Rosie can put it together.

[technically speaking it's Rory's 'home country' Open, as he's from Holywood just outside Belfast, most strictly it's only GMac's hometown, as he was born there. Darren Clarke married a Portrush girl for his introduction to the town. Great article on Graeme and the Valley Links/Rathmore Club here ]

this is a little more entertaining

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HUM9Cl...=10e2xng3sidaf

^^^ sorry, what the fuck is more entertaining? Your instalinks suck. gtfo kook.

you should know better than to get your hopes up kook

Tiger and Phil both headed toward missed cuts. This is the 83rd major in which both have played, and never before have both missed the cut.

Weather holding up so far today. Leaders off shortly.

I’d like to see Kuchar make a move today

and the most pathetic penalties in all of professional sports strike again.

lee westwood literally hits one into the bush. its at the base of a bush and sunk an inch into the mud. he takes a one stroke penalty and is able to place it onto a nice ridge 20 feet away where he knocks it on the green and drps one. if he had played even two club lengths, that place would have cost him two club lengths minimum.

i'm rooting for westwood, but penalties and the constant moves for playable with no penalty are a farce in golf..
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !