Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Strange you not getting along with people.
    i got along with everybody fine, streatkred. i wasn't fond of fake bullshit which was in high concentration. strange you not having a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A mutual hatred of Dave Matthews was one of the things that bonded my wife and I when we first started dating.
    When Dave opened up for the Dead in '95, I certainly recall some boos from the crowd during the performance.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    When Dave opened up for the Dead in '95, I certainly recall some boos from the crowd during the performance.
    Well, some here have accused their followers of having an attitude of superiority.
    I still call it The Jake.

I saw the Dead maybe 9 - 11 times between the age of 6 (first show with dad and sis) and 18 (when Jerry died). They are and always will be a big part of my childhood and younger memories, all the way through college. I still listen to their satellite radio station on a semi regular basis and enjoy their music--They are one of literally three or bands that I have consistently listened to since at least high school.

That said, the last show I saw was The Other Ones at Shoreline--the first time (I believe) that they played St. Stephen since Keith died. While it was a fun time, it wasn't the Grateful Dead. I have since stopped trying to pretend they're still around.

Never got into Phish, though I saw them a handful of times in the 90's. For me, just not enough depth to their music (emotionally, I guess). I can tolerate WSP in doses. But in short, there will never be another Grateful Dead for me.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

you don't meet many dead heads up here but I recently an into a couple on a hut trip, the one guy had been to 70+ shows and was talking about some obscure song playing in his head as he topped out on the skin track, how can these guys remember all this stuff with all the drugs they took, and the guy was like a doctor ... wow man
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The one great thing to come out of this thread is that I was introduced to Soulive Holy shit, this show would have been amazing. Also, why have I never heard of Marcus King before?

100% agree. that's the Nevilles/Meters-Dead-A. Bros nexus I love, all it needs is Lowell on slide and vocals. That Whipping Post was rad. Haven't listed to all of it yet.

Saw em with Jerry 3-4 x in the 80's-90's road tripping to Eugene. Not really my thing.

Somewhat odd double billing with Santana, since he was adamant about NO recording vs the Dead's open policy.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I saw the Dead maybe 9 - 11 times between the age of 6 (first show with dad and sis) and 18 (when Jerry died). They are and always will be a big part of my childhood and younger memories, all the way through college. I still listen to their satellite radio station on a semi regular basis and enjoy their music--They are one of literally three or bands that I have consistently listened to since at least high school.

That said, the last show I saw was The Other Ones at Shoreline--the first time (I believe) that they played St. Stephen since Keith died. While it was a fun time, it wasn't the Grateful Dead. I have since stopped trying to pretend they're still around.

Never got into Phish, though I saw them a handful of times in the 90's. For me, just not enough depth to their music (emotionally, I guess). I can tolerate WSP in doses. But in short, there will never be another Grateful Dead for me.
    very nice. i thought you were a little older tho! shoreline was my favorite venue, but eugene was home. saw then 50+ times between 87-95.

I too thought the Rev was older. He was only a mere pup of 30 when he wrote this gem.

That thread should be in the Hall of Fame, no?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

60 Dead shows, for me. 1983-1995
    And I just hit my 60th Phish show at Fenway a couple of weeks ago, first one was 1991.
    Who doesn’t like watching the shitshow on Shakedown Street? The sights , the sounds, the smells! You guys are getting old.
    Phish continues to impress, two albums worth of new material emerged on this summer tour. And it’s good. Not a nostalgia act, like DeadCo.
    JRAD sucks ass, soulless wanking from Tom Hamilton does nothing for me.
    DSO rules, every time I see them I appreciate them more.
    Go on Now, go see some shows.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I too thought the Rev was older. He was only a mere pup of 30 when he wrote this gem.

I forgot about that! Thanks for bringing it hack up. Truly hall of fame worthy right there.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    60 Dead shows, for me. 1983-1995
    And I just hit my 60th Phish show at Fenway a couple of weeks ago, first one was 1991.
    Who doesn’t like watching the shitshow on Shakedown Street? The sights , the sounds, the smells! You guys are getting old.
    Phish continues to impress, two albums worth of new material emerged on this summer tour. And it’s good. Not a nostalgia act, like DeadCo.
    I got to see the PL and the Terrapin Family Band here in Nashville. It was good.

Phish is playing so strong right now. My first show was in 97.

I think Dead and Slo has made about 40m on this tour... Mission accomplished.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    All of this is 110% true. Actually, make it 109%... I haven't seen a $1 grilled cheese on lot for a long time and I'm disappointed in that.

Especially the bit about Tom Hamilton, that guy's a fucking goon. I'm not sure I've ever seen a person who is more in love with themselves than him.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    very nice. i thought you were a little older tho! shoreline was my favorite venue, but eugene was home. saw then 50+ times between 87-95.
    I find it curious that you guys thought I was some old fuck. I'm spry, limber and can still get erections.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I find it curious that you guys thought I was some old fuck. I'm spry, limber and can still get erections.
    i didnt think you were an old fuck. i dont think i'm an old fuck at 52. i just thought you were a little older than 18 when jerry died. i was 29.

i didnt think you were an old fuck. i dont think i'm an old fuck at 52. i just thought you were a little older than 18 when jerry died. i was 29.
    That's pretty old, buddy.

Do You Like The Greatful Dead?

Phil & Friends have never disappointed, they have no problem with tempo. Haven’t seen the family band yet.

Just got tix to see Melvin Seals, John K, Phil and JGB at Terrapin Crossroads. Have high hopes for that one.

Even though I am an old fuck on paper I only saw Jerry about a dozen times. At this point I’ve probably seen 40-50 DSO shows and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    That's pretty old, buddy.
    i'm just getting started, buddy!

Melvin rocks. Can't call it JGB without JG. Old Orchard Beach, Maine, September, 1989. Fucking rocked.

i'm just getting started, buddy!
    with prostate issues...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Oh, Fee, you're trying to live a life
    That's completely free.
    You're racing with the wind
    You're flirting with death
    So have a cup of coffee
    And catch your breath

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    with prostate issues...
    nope. i'm clean as a whistle. did i mention i woke up in the middle of my colonoscopy and suddenly sat up with the camera up my ass and scared the shit out of the medical personnel?

good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Oh, Fee, you're trying to live a life
    That's completely free.
    You're racing with the wind
    You're flirting with death
    So have a cup of coffee
    And catch your breath

I prefer Megaphone Fee

https://youtu.be/bie-vupndBo
    crab in my shoe mouth

That is great!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime