Photo scanning services

Any recomendations for scanning a bunch of old family photographs? The quality ranges from not good to OK. The purpose is to archive my 90 year old mothers massive album collection and get rid of a bunch of clutter.

Price is more important that time frame

I took cell phone images of a couple family albums of stuff going back well over 150 years. Ya, cheap and quick questionable quality solution, but at least I have digital copies of it all. albeit at an entire album page per photo image snapped instead of an image for each photo or newspaper clipping, high school and college degrees, etc. I did use the highest resolution available when I did it so that someone with more time on their hands could go back and crop them all and save each item as it's own file someday.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I’ve never done it, but if you google “digital scan photos” there’s a ton of info on scanners for this purpose.

If you’d rather have someone do it for you, Precision Camera in Austin does that. You’d have to check with them on prices to see if it makes sense. And check around with with other camera stores. Maybe Costco does it, as well?

Heard good things on the google PhotoScan app if u go the cell phone route

I’d reach out to The Find Lab.

I use them for my film processing & get digital scans of all my prints. The quality has always been excellent. And the customer service is fast and extremely helpful.
    I’ve never done solely scanning with them, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be able to do it.

https://thefindlab.com

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Find Lab is solid. They'll work with you. Great folks.

How many rolls/strips you looking to get scanned?