Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Maggot down

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    maybe send a $20 instead?
    Out of line. First, you have no idea whether he has or not, and whether he can afford to or not. Not to mention that the person you singled out has faced enormous tragedy recently, and would have exceedingly good reasons for holding on to every $20 he has.

Donating is a personal choice, and offering good wishes shouldn't be met with derision.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

jesus, it's a joke, stand down solider.

edit: I can see it's maybe hard to tell it's a joke without a winkie, but I'm anti-winkie.

winking once in awhile is nbd. but some guys are staunchly opposed to it
    then some people just think you are a dick.
    take down the ego and do a smirk or winky to your friends once in awhile. does good. fuck those that judge bc text is emotionless

also back to thread- these people were mentors for us when I first joined the threads so sending best wishes to Brittany and Frank.
    skid luxury

It is hard to tell without the wink. And maybe your choice of person was intentional to give your joke some extra ooomph, but it really made you look like a dick.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

hmmmm, i must give out some psychopath vibes to you on this board, danno.

Anyways, vibes to everyone especially Brit and Frank.

Wouldn’t be TRG without a little of ^this, now would it?

we're a rich tapestry here
    especially in the summer
    skid luxury

Maggot down

Vibes
    crab in my shoe mouth

Of all the posts to go after someone for, that wouldn't have been my first choice. baron's would.

If you can't donate, no worries. If you can donate, even $5, I'm positive it will be greatly appreciated. I know Brittany and Frank well enough to know that asking people for money has to be something they are extremely uncomfortable with. They've been through surgeries before and never asked for a dime, and I'm quite sure if they remotely thought they could get through this one without asking, they wouldn't have a gofundme. That said, I was in a financial place for a long time where donating to these things was out of the question, so I get it. If you can't donate, I know they'll appreciate the positive energy sent their way as well.

Honestly, I never would have responded if he had quoted anyone else. But to respond that way to a dude whose house just burned down, got a knee jerk response out of me.

Couldn't have happened to nicer people. 10 years ago they came to ski at my home hill, we'd had a crappy rain storm, all the goods were ice, and they still were gracious guests, having fun on blue runs (or at least pretending too). Real skiers with real stoke/

Hoping this is just a bump in the road for them. Goldenboy - don't forget to look after yourself too, it can be hard in different ways on the partner of someone who goes through this sort of thing.

snoboy - Thank You for getting this back on track :

Brittany's story - Brittany's life - has always inspired me. . .

( I want to chastise a couple of others , and then I remember Two things :

- it's Summer ( Thank you baby bear ), and

- Don't feed the trolls.

TODAY is another step, B. kick Ass ! !!! skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

I didn’t realize that was the dude who had his house burned down, that should go without saying, but I’ll make it clear. I’d rather just hear a heartfelt PERSONAL response than a copy-paste ‘thoughts and prayers’, that’s why I posted the $20 little jab. Little did I know Tap has NO time to do anything but say ‘healing vibes’. Whoops, I’m a dick. I don’t care if he donated, and for fucks sake he COULD have for all we know, that’s not my point.

Tap, sorry, I didn’t connect that you were they guy that lost his house. People say it’s just things and they don’t matter and can be replaced, but that’s kinda bullshit. I love seeing all the home improvement we did and being happy with how we made our home a home, and that can’t be replaced. It may be the same for you, and that sucks. Sure I don’t care if my car or bike or skis burn to the ground but losing your sense of place must be hard. And a bit scary with a kid or two and you want them to feel safe. I wish you luck moving on, truly.

I’ll donate another 20 today to Brit for my sins and counting up a good thread.

I've always been really impressed with both Goldenboy and mtnbikerskierchick, who seem like good people. Small donation given. Best of luck.

Solider of Colorado stoke and best to speedy recovery!!!

Can you make this thread a sticky?

I gave a little. Hope it helps.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Really sorry to read this. Heal fast.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Can you make this thread a sticky?

I gave a little. Hope it helps.

stuck -

My mission through Labor Day

is to keep this on pageOne :

B&F Are what this community is about --

idaho bound :

Time to see Little Big Lost...

Thanks ! !! to All...

I hope it was
    a Good day for Konsellas (!)

ride On ! !!! tj

I didn’t realize that was the dude who had his house burned down, that should go without saying, but I’ll make it clear. I’d rather just hear a heartfelt PERSONAL response than a copy-paste ‘thoughts and prayers’, that’s why I posted the $20 little jab. Little did I know Tap has NO time to do anything but say ‘healing vibes’. Whoops, I’m a dick. I don’t care if he donated, and for fucks sake he COULD have for all we know, that’s not my point.

Tap, sorry, I didn’t connect that you were they guy that lost his house. People say it’s just things and they don’t matter and can be replaced, but that’s kinda bullshit. I love seeing all the home improvement we did and being happy with how we made our home a home, and that can’t be replaced. It may be the same for you, and that sucks. Sure I don’t care if my car or bike or skis burn to the ground but losing your sense of place must be hard. And a bit scary with a kid or two and you want them to feel safe. I wish you luck moving on, truly.

This is a solid post. You're ok in my book muted one.

What a bummer. id be happy to pitch in
    Hello darkness my old friend

I'm fine thanks.

Send it to Tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

we're wishing you a fast recovery.

let us know what you need - we're not so far away.
    pet care, lawn mowing, grocery getting .. whatever it may be.

Thanks for all the love, everyone. It means a lot, especially to Brittany since she's reading all the well-wishes online.

Third and final surgery was yesterday, hopefully we'll at least make it to my mom's house in Golden by the end of the week (in case anyone didn't get the goldenboy thing, it's because I grew up there). Hopefully back in CB in 10 days? Been lucky to have so much support from family and friends...

There is a maggot who works 911 dispatch somewhere- shoot me a pm. I've been super curious about the inReach vs 911 timeline and when which resources were deployed. By my estimates, accident to Level 1 trauma center at St Anthony's was under 1.5 hours. Maybe even an hour.

Glad to hear from you, and glad to hear Brittany is improving.

In case he doesn't check in here, I believe it is bendtheski.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Thanks for all the love, everyone. It means a lot, especially to Brittany since she's reading all the well-wishes online.

Third and final surgery was yesterday, hopefully we'll at least make it to my mom's house in Golden by the end of the week (in case anyone didn't get the goldenboy thing, it's because I grew up there). Hopefully back in CB in 10 days? Been lucky to have so much support from family and friends...

There is a maggot who works 911 dispatch somewhere- shoot me a pm. I've been super curious about the inReach vs 911 timeline and when which resources were deployed. By my estimates, accident to Level 1 trauma center at St Anthony's was under 1.5 hours. Maybe even an hour.

Thank you for this update, gb--

( I'm ) sure ,,, there is Unexpected Stress to this for You...

things are moving fast - even ( and perhaps especially when progress seems Slow )

( my impression is This will be a different experience and a different pace than the two of you are used to. ... )

Every day.
    I saw a friend of mine last month --
    John is - literally - an Ironman --

John's son is Just getting started in alpine pursuits - and is a (fitness) monster...

I said to John,
    he will build his base - Just as you have...

You and B. get to rebuild B's base ! !!

we hope for Great future Success. one day at a time. . .
    With love.

for the maggot community...

Thank you, both ! !!!

maggs and maggettes from the forum community

( tj least of all )

( And Thanks ! to all who contribute :

I still love this place (!) )