Good luck with the last surgery.
    So, like, what happened?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Good luck with the last surgery.
    So, like, what happened?
    Click on the Instagram link adrenelated posted.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

bump ^

hey... I usually just check "New Posts" and the Sticky does not keep this on that page... so

I am (gonna) resume trying to keep the call for help on Page One (!)

goldenboy wrote of getting OUT of the hospital ( (the last) Surgery was Wednesday ( ? ?? ) )

Home cookin' ! !!

. . . hey, B. … ! ( Please ) Don't feel bad(ly ! Stuff ) happens ! !! You will learn (too much) from this --

Just keep working on your Rehab.

it will come --

A Stationary bike is a ways off . . . And

I believe Eight weeks will pass Fast !

gb. : ditto.

with love. maggs and maggettes

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Thank you, -dork.

' Glad to see B. is Out of the hospital. . .

A looooong trail continues...

though the Goal is met, I urge the magg.s to dig deep : I shall honor my message of last week...

Please -- continue to trickle donations through GoFundMe - Please...

B. & F. -- Monday. a new week begins. . . flexibility. my broken leg was nuthin'. and I worked range-of-Motion Everyday - and Still wound up stiff. ... And

B ! healing, First, too.

( I can imagine , ,,, I will call it lack of Patience ( Because I do not believe in [ frustration ] ) )

. . . read. Read. something you have wanted to get to - and put off.

( How long ago was your book published ( I need to do some research... )

If it has been Five years, How 'Bout an Updated... ( Conditions are changing. Just an idea... I shall find your book... ) )

[[ edit. 2017. ( I'm) sorry. I will get it purchased This week.

magg.s - Backcountry ski and snowboard routes COLORADO. By (Konsellas) . ]]

You Two(,) will do this -- ! !! ( Rehab. )

bump ^ Back to page One :

Go ! Brittany ! !!!

(skiJ )

bump^ to page One

(we) hope the week is going well !

Thanks skiJ!

We made it back to Crested Butte yesterday, 2.5 weeks after setting off for a simple summer day ski. Pretty amazing given her list of injuries: broken femur, broken sternum, broken neck, fully occluded vertebral artery. She's already moving well- those of you who know her have probably seen her posts- she usually just needs one crutch and will probably move on to just a cane shortly. That 3rd surgery was gnarly, the incision went from the back of her head all the way down between her shoulderblades. No wonder that was the only injury that made her want the real deal pain meds (which she's been off since then). Arthroscopic surgery is an amazing thing- they put a whole rod into her leg but it didn't hurt that much in comparison. Shitty as it all is, she should make a full recovery in just a few months. Definitely aware of how bad things could have gone. There was a woman in the ICU that arrived at around the same time after a MTB crash with the same broken vertebrae that wasn't moving from what we could gather

We used our inReach mini. If you don't have one, I'd get one. Park county was notified of our location in 7 minutes. Granted, we were driving at that point and eventually got a 911 call out, but it's nice to know the Garmin worked as intended and in a different scenario, that might have been crucial.

Both of us had some Wilderness 1st aid training, though to be honest we both just kind of did what we thought we should do. I probably should have done a better examination before loading her into the car, but at the time she wasn't complaining of neck pain and she flat out told me- load me into the car and let's go. One of the EMT's gave me a hard time about it, but one of her doctors told me he would have done the same thing- get to better medical care asap. I don't know- I guess it all worked out.

That's it for now. Thanks again for all the vibes and love TGR

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    bump^ to page One

Word! Thanks for the bump finally threw a few in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Just saw this for the first time. I also know a farmer in VT that was run over by his pick-up truck. He wasn't paralyzed in the accident, but had a stroke due to complications and is now partially paralyzed. Glad to hear you're home and seeing improvement.

A few dollars your way too.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Thanks skiJ!

We made it back to Crested Butte yesterday, 2.5 weeks after setting off for a simple summer day ski. Pretty amazing given her list of injuries: broken femur, broken sternum, broken neck, fully occluded vertebral artery. She's already moving well- those of you who know her have probably seen her posts- she usually just needs one crutch and will probably move on to just a cane shortly. That 3rd surgery was gnarly, the incision went from the back of her head all the way down between her shoulderblades. No wonder that was the only injury that made her want the real deal pain meds (which she's been off since then). Arthroscopic surgery is an amazing thing- they put a whole rod into her leg but it didn't hurt that much in comparison. Shitty as it all is, she should make a full recovery in just a few months. Definitely aware of how bad things could have gone. There was a woman in the ICU that arrived at around the same time after a MTB crash with the same broken vertebrae that wasn't moving from what we could gather

We used our inReach mini. If you don't have one, I'd get one. Park county was notified of our location in 7 minutes. Granted, we were driving at that point and eventually got a 911 call out, but it's nice to know the Garmin worked as intended and in a different scenario, that might have been crucial.

Both of us had some Wilderness 1st aid training, though to be honest we both just kind of did what we thought we should do. I probably should have done a better examination before loading her into the car, but at the time she wasn't complaining of neck pain and she flat out told me- load me into the car and let's go. One of the EMT's gave me a hard time about it, but one of her doctors told me he would have done the same thing- get to better medical care asap. I don't know- I guess it all worked out.

F.

Thank you for This ^^^

( I wept. )

scary scary sh*t...

I know I believe
    B. and You are ON her Rehab.

( Please ) Be Careful ,

try to Encourage B.
    not to overdue it ! !!!

H E A L I N G ! ! ! !!!

[ the neck is scary ]

With twenty-seven years and forty years of emergency care and a lifetime of patient care . . .
    I Believe
    You Both did way better than OKay...
    Risk was huge (!) But

Brittany's fitness and B's spirit are ( / were so ) important ! !!!

( Bad things still happen... )

The Golden hour...
    Prompt definitive Medical Care
    to minimize swelling and (other) inflammatory processes including Shock. ...

so. I stand by All my Encouragement (!)

(we) are a niche - And ((gps)) could use B's - and - Your story to market to hunters, and fishers, and hikers, and climbers, and (god. ) atv-ers... And . . .

Thank You, for your post, goldenboy...

My Best To Mrs.K.

Thank you Both for your inspiration ! !

( and my thanks to tgr... )

Let's ski ! in 2020 ! !!!
    With love.

skiJ

Thanks skiJ!

Glad to hear that you guys are home! I look forward to Brittany blogging about how she's killing it in recovery!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    bump^ to page One

weekend bump^

I need to make a donation...

everyday - a little bit - Carefully, please ... ! (?) !!

Huge Electrical storm over iowa tonight...

it (musta) been in the nineties(F) today...

... better post (Up) before I become A pumpkin ! !!

Go ! B. ! GO !!!

skiJ

11:55pm. iowa

bump^

for the Sunday night crew...

B & F : hope-ing you have a great Good week ! !!
    With love.

your maggs and maggettes

( including skiJ )

Wednesday bump ^

Go ! Brittany ! Go !

heal .

kick Rehab.s arse ! !!

: D

What a story!

Geez, so happy that it wasn't worse. Heal up Brittany.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Glad to hear that you guys are home! I look forward to Brittany blogging about how she's killing it in recovery!
    Your blogging wish is granted by Brittany. https://14erskiers.com/blog/2019/07/...survival-part/

https://14erskiers.com/blog/2019/07/...auma-recovery/

I worked with Brittany at a gear shop back in college, like over a decade ago. I've been following her adventures since. Bummer to hear about this accident but if anyone's tough enough to recover from something like this, its her!

Prompted me to finally buy Brittany and Frank's backcountry ski book. Figure its a good book and send some $ their way at the same time!

Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

https://14erskiers.com/blog/backcoun...utes-colorado/

Thanks for sharing. All my best to Brittany and you.

Thank you for this, goldenboy (!)

more to follow...

rest hard, Rehab. hard, B. ! !!!
    with love.

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

bump^^^

for the week of Aug.Five

Go ! B.

( I ) hope
    to finally have some 'Moola' today ! !!

oh. And

kick Rehab. in The arse !!!

rock on, goldenboy, Too ! !!
    With love

for the tgr forum community...

With Thanks To tgr :

FknA ! !!! tj

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery

bump - Any updates on the recovery?

There have been a few updates on Facebook, 14erskiers.com

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm not sure what they've posted publicly (ie not protected by FB/IG privacy settings), and don't want to post the whole story if they haven't made it public.
    However if her Instagram account is public (I have no idea since I already follow her), the story is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzsf63YlonF/
    Brittany's Instagram really lays it out --

goldenboy did an interview with her on his website I haven't gotten through yet --

They have been amazing.

Four fusions. and a femur fracture --

Good Immediate Care And Fast presentation to definitive trauma Care.

and B. is, ,,, Undefeatable :

it is an experience of Beyond - survival

( I am in awe. )

Instagram ( link above )

mtbikeskierchick -and goldenboy - You will ski with each of Us this Winter (!)

I look forward to reading of your future -and current - adventures !

Brittany for President (!)

tj