Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Damn dude, I got a little choked up reading that. Will there be another attempt?
    Yeah, that was a tough call to make even though it was an obvious decision. I highly doubt I'll go back for another full attempt, logistical nightmare and not cheap!! Never say never though. If I can get a handle on the saddle sore issues, that would be a good enough reason to possibly go back. In the meantime, I do plan on a return to Salida next June, Justin is also going to join me, so we can both finish what we started. It's still about 930 miles to Antelope Wells from there.

Well, here it is, the final post of the series. Makes me sad, I wish I had another week to blab about. I guess that will have to wait until next year.

TD '19: Gear List & Final Thoughts
    Name:  Day00.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.5 KB
    Rolling out of Canmore, AB to the start of the Divide on June 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    Well, here it is, the final post of the series. Makes me sad, I wish I had another week to blab about. I guess that will have to wait until next year.

TD '19: Gear List & Final Thoughts
    Name:  Day00.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.5 KB
    Rolling out of Canmore, AB to the start of the Divide on June 14th.
    Not sure if you posted it somewhere on your blog, the physical toll was clearly huge, how much weight did you lose over the course of the ride? How long did it take to recover??

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Not sure if you posted it somewhere on your blog, the physical toll was clearly huge, how much weight did you lose over the course of the ride? How long did it take to recover??
    I dropped 13 lbs. Pretty much ate everything in sight for about two weeks upon returning home. I'm still recovering. Lost all my fitness because I couldn't walk/sit on the bike for a week after I got home. Then, it was too hot to really do anything, so my motivation was low. Then, last week I had a recurrence of MRSA in my right thigh, off the bike again for two weeks now. Beyond frustrating as I was just starting to feel back to normal and stacking bigger rides.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    I dropped 13 lbs. Pretty much ate everything in sight for about two weeks upon returning home. I'm still recovering. Lost all my fitness because I couldn't walk/sit on the bike for a week after I got home. Then, it was too hot to really do anything, so my motivation was low. Then, last week I had a recurrence of MRSA in my right thigh, off the bike again for two weeks now. Beyond frustrating as I was just starting to feel back to normal and stacking bigger rides.
    Damn dude that's nuts. Great read , well done and thanks for spending the time to put it all together.