Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    5 days on my 16s. 3 in the resort and 2 touring. Great so far.

Was the only one in my group to not having icing problems or brakes releasing on my tours (the only one not on Shifts).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Marker or the rep should be able to tell you based on the serial numbers.
    Spoke with Marker directly and they're hooking me up. Apparently the "bad lever batch" was one of the production runs with a code on the wing but no asterisk. They said they pulled back most of those from shops before they were sold, so there shouldn't be very many left out in the wild.

Thanks. Did you have any toes that have no marks at all? Are you getting those replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Thanks. Did you have any toes that have no marks at all? Are you getting those replaced?

I did. They replaced mine with no marks and some that just said 43 on them.

Marker will replace any toe that is either unmarked or marked but without the asterix.

Great, thank you Jon and others

Aggressive in my own mind

Anybody attempt binding inserts with these yet to share between multiple skis? Given how precise/difficult that can be with Cast that might be another advantage if they mount more like a traditional alpine binding (which it seems like they would)?

New Marker Tech touring binding 20/21?

My first pair of Duke PT 16s on some Renegades….no QK/inserts…just regular alpine mount.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4747.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	402062
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-20-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Anybody attempt binding inserts with these yet to share between multiple skis? Given how precise/difficult that can be with Cast that might be another advantage if they mount more like a traditional alpine binding (which it seems like they would)?
    I have QKs for these on two skis. STH2 and PT16 inserts on both skis. Mount just like alpine bindings. I have had no issues. I havent mounted Cast, but sounds much more difficult than what I experienced mounting these.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post

They are just as easy as an alpine clamp to mount. It’s the jester heal pattern and the kingpin toe. You should have absolutely no issue doing inserts. I probably should of done that instead of having three sets.

Quote Originally Posted by nwags41 View Post
    I have QKs for these on two skis. STH2 and PT16 inserts on both skis.
    I could see inserts for PT plus ultralight tech bindings, but why bother doing PT16 plus an alpine binding? The PT16 is already more binding than most alpine bindings, except Pivot 18 and such.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    They are just as easy as an alpine clamp to mount. It’s the jester heal pattern and the kingpin toe. You should have absolutely no issue doing inserts. I probably should of done that instead of having three sets.
    Thanks, helpful to know that. Yeah, definitely can't afford 3, or even two for that matter, so thinking how I might stretch it between multiple skis eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I could see inserts for PT plus ultralight tech bindings, but why bother doing PT16 plus an alpine binding? The PT16 is already more binding than most alpine bindings, except Pivot 18 and such.
    I already had the STH2 QK’d on some skis, but got the PTs and wanted to use them on both skis. Instead of plugging the STH2 QK holes, I just left them and am keeping the STH2 in the closet for now.

The PT16s seem pretty bomber, but who knows with all those extra moving pieces? Keeping the STH2 holes just for some peace of mind in case anything happens to my PTs. I also might just get lazy and keep the STH2 on one ski and PTs on the other and avoid the 10 minute change.

There is some (not much) method to the madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to buy a pair of these to throw on some OG renegades. But my mind simply can’t comprehend skiing a marker, haven’t been in a pair since twin cam toes. Someone please convince me other wise. I ski pivots and tyrolia/head bindings. I hate the 1 pair of sth2 bindings I have, heels set +2 to prevent pre release. Does it truly function like CAST, ie; feels exactly like an alpine binding? Durability concerns mainly as regards toe piece? Can I ski it with a CAST tech toe boot conversion?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I have a few inbounds days on Duke PT 16s. It feels like an alpine binding. In downhill mode the toe piece seems burly enough. No issues. I don’t kick the shit out but I can scrape snow off the boot sole way more than I ever would want to with Shifts.

My two pairs of Duke 16 PTs are mounted on rockered 4FRNT Ravens and Renegades….both skis that I want to do some short tours on, but also rip inbounds on.

I’m really happy with these so far. Prefer them to my Shifts. I considered CAST (actually bought the CAST) but got sketched by stories of f’d up mounts. So sold the CAST without mounting. And Corbetts had the Duke PTs for $619CDN at New Years….cheaper than cast + pivots.

Blue looks good on 4FRNT Ravens:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5015.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	405724
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-26-2022 at 08:54 PM.

The aluminum bar on the top of the toe is meant to be a boot snow scraper, works really well.

Any opinions on PT12 vs PT16?

I'm thinking that the 12 is more my speed (and its lighter), but wonder if one is more durable. I see that they have different heel pieces

I’m skiing the sh*t out of my PT 16s….zero issues thrashing them inbounds on ice and crap snow on my 4FRNT Ravens. Can’t even tell this is a touring binding when skiing inbounds.

No intel on the 12s…but I would think they would be also fine if you were touring more, and raging less, for lightness.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 04-08-2022 at 06:44 PM.

I haven’t had a problem with my 16s either. I ski them a ton and another buddy has them on a daily driver Atris and loves them too.

. The 16s have a jester based heel. The 12 is like a Griffon/squire cross bred heel. Haven’t heard of any issues though since they got the toe pieces worked out.

The 16 is quite a bit heavier than the 12, but the Squire heel on the 12 has a lower dildo pivot (to lower the DIN range) so not as much vertical elasticity, especially with an AT boot that has a taller heel lug than an alpine boot.

For best of both worlds, on my PT12's I swapped heels with my 2021 Griffons (which have the new easier-entry heel). The Griffons mostly see use with alpine boots, so the Squire heel is fine. The PT12's get used with ZeroG boots, so the Griffon heel clamps down on the lug a lot more solidly than the Squire heel did.

Marker should have offered a PT13 with the Griffon heel instead of the PT12 with Squire heel, but they were competing with the Shift on weight. Can't blame them for that, makes sense from a marketing perspective.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll take the weight penalty and go for the PT16s!

Just had my first day on PT12s mounted to Line Vision 98s. Wanted to ski the skis/bindings at least one day at the resort before going into the backcountry. They felt just like downhill bindings. Even hit some medium size jumps on the park with the kids. Didn’t go uphill today but did fiddle with the bindings after they had been skied and had snow/ice on them and they transformed as advertised. I have an older pair of griffons on one set of skis and I was shocked how much easier the heel is to step into on these new bindings.

Also, wanted to mention that the shop that mounted them did inserts on these skis and another ski and said they were just as easy as any other alpine binding to do inserts with.

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Are these one sale due to updates for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Are these one sale due to updates for next season?
    There are no changes to both PT models next season.