Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 256
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,596
    Marker has another problem?

    When will people learn to not buy anything from them?

    This will put enough pressure so they will test their stuff adequately.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Only a little late
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Marker has another problem?

    When will people learn to not buy anything from them?

    This will put enough pressure so they will test their stuff adequately.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    This March a buddy prereleased from his griffons and took a gnarly fkn fall down a cooley and into some rocks. A cracked helmet, grade 2 concussion, and SAR rescue later, he bought another pair of Griffons. He is an idiot.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "somebody's gotta do it"

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Called my local shop and asked if they also have the updated tech toes, and they said Marker sent them a call tag last season and took back all of their inventory, and then sent the shop new bindings. So it's possible the Duke PT's I bought from them already have the improved tech toe, but the shop isn't sure due to the timing. How does one identify the updated tech toes, compared to the original version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    There's no "improvement" in the new toe in that the design is exactly the same. The issue was due to a material fault not a design fault. Marker have either already supplied their dealers with replacement toes or are in the process of doing so.

    The part numbers on the new toes are identical and there's no way to spot the difference between the two generations.
    Sorry but I lied!

    There is a way to tell the difference between the two toe bindings. The replacement/2nd gen toes have an asterix at the end of the part number on the left pin arm, as per the pic below:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duke PT 2nd gen toe.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	717.2 KB 
ID:	384285

    If you have toe bindings without the asterix at the end of the part number (or totally blank, ie no number at all) then you should get your supplying Marker retailer to exchange them.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,225
    ^ Awesome, thanks for the update! Mine are blank.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 09-10-2021 at 11:33 PM.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    4,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    There is a way to tell the difference between the two toe bindings. The replacement/2nd gen toes have an asterix at the end of the part number on the left pin arm . . .
    Thanks, Jon, key info as usual . . .

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Thanks, Jon, key info as usual . . .
    Jon rocks!
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Sorry but I lied!

    There is a way to tell the difference between the two toe bindings. The replacement/2nd gen toes have an asterix at the end of the part number on the left pin arm, as per the pic below:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duke PT 2nd gen toe.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	717.2 KB 
ID:	384285

    If you have toe bindings without the asterix at the end of the part number (or totally blank, ie no number at all) then you should get your supplying Marker retailer to exchange them.
    Good info. These bindings fill a niche for sure. Seem perfect for alpine and every once in a great while to do a quick tour. As a person that would never ride a marker back in the day, I've come around now that the toe has more elastic travel...at least on the binders I've ridden. Still, the last alpine binding I just bought was a sollie.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    F'n Midwest again
    Posts
    2,409

    New Marker Tech touring binding 20/21?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^ Awesome, thanks for the update! Mine are blank.
    Blank here as well

    Purchased from same place as you

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634574712.771230.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	389418


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    Edit: thank you Jon!!!
    Aggressive in my own mind

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    1,692
    Whatís the verdict on these from those with experience. Obviously thereís a recall issue, but that seems to have been worked out. Anybody have experience on these vs Shifts? I donít consider the shift a serviceable everyday binding, but have been satisfied for shorter tours to steep terrain and think theyíd make a good travel binding as long as user knows how to properly set them up. Donít really care that the marker is heavy. But is it usable as an everyday binding that can tour? Comparisons to Cast system. Havenít skied marker since the 90s and have always considered them crap. Iím aware guys on the fwt are using them. But curious to actual user, non sponsored reviews.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,225
    Haven't skied them yet, but I picked up a few pair of 12's. Recently dropped the tech toes off at the local Marker dealer for replacement.

    I suspect these will ski exactly the same as other Marker Royal family binders. In fact, I'm setting them up with 2021 Griffon heels, which have a higher axle than the Squire heel, for much more positive clamp on the boot (and more vertical elasticity). Marker really should have offered the PT12 with the Griffon heel, but they were competing with the Shift's weight spec.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Whatís the verdict on these from those with experience. Obviously thereís a recall issue, but that seems to have been worked out. Anybody have experience on these vs Shifts? I donít consider the shift a serviceable everyday binding, but have been satisfied for shorter tours to steep terrain and think theyíd make a good travel binding as long as user knows how to properly set them up. Donít really care that the marker is heavy. But is it usable as an everyday binding that can tour? Comparisons to Cast system. Havenít skied marker since the 90s and have always considered them crap. Iím aware guys on the fwt are using them. But curious to actual user, non sponsored reviews.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I like them. I have two pairs. Skied one pair almost daily every day last year until it rained. I havenít had any issues. I only ski jester pros otherwise. I used to ski pivots until I blew a knee in a DH race. I have two Duke Pts, 4 jester pros and three kingpins and no issues. I have worked as a shop tech and I am very very OCD with my gear, I donít beat on stuff or throw it around and a ex gate chaser.

    I feel like there is a lot of shit talked about a lot of bindings, but personally the number of shifts that users swore were adjusted right because they adjusted them how the internet says is astounding. I think it goes with everything. People claim to know but donít know shit. I didnít have a problem last year, but I definitely got my toes replaced.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,689
    What is the deal with the brakes only coming in 100 and 125mm? Does the 100 fit up to a 115-120 or so? I can't imagine you want a 125 brake on 116 billy goat?

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    What is the deal with the brakes only coming in 100 and 125mm? Does the 100 fit up to a 115-120 or so? I can't imagine you want a 125 brake on 116 billy goat?
    I have the 100 on a 108 Atris without an issue. Didnít even have to bend the brake or dremel the plastic. I have the 125 on my nocta and itís got plenty of space. I would say the brakes are more like 110, 130. But I wouldnít be overly concerned about either on a billy goat. The brake is pretty stout but I worry about fucking up the roller mechanism that is the rear lockout thatís on top of the brake pad, so I donít know if bending is such a great idea, but probably the route I would go over the 125 brake. You can definitely grind some plastic off the inside of the brakes. There is plenty of space to gain there.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,225
    My local shop believes that only some of the un-marked tech toes have the defective lever, but they're checking into it with Marker. Wonder if there might be a visual difference between the un-marked toe levers and the *-marked toe levers.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I have the 100 on a 108 Atris without an issue. Didnít even have to bend the brake or dremel the plastic. I have the 125 on my nocta and itís got plenty of space. I would say the brakes are more like 110, 130. But I wouldnít be overly concerned about either on a billy goat. The brake is pretty stout but I worry about fucking up the roller mechanism that is the rear lockout thatís on top of the brake pad, so I donít know if bending is such a great idea, but probably the route I would go over the 125 brake. You can definitely grind some plastic off the inside of the brakes. There is plenty of space to gain there.
    So, yeah. Looks like bending these is not a great option. It has that little 45ish bend up high and the steel is heavy duty. Shop always bent brakes, but they're not into bending these ones.

    This is what it looks like on an older 2019? Billygoat. I think 116's. No go.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    F'n Midwest again
    Posts
    2,409
    What about filling off the plastic on the inside of the brake? It looks like that would work, or am I missing something?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    My local shop believes that only some of the un-marked tech toes have the defective lever, but they're checking into it with Marker. Wonder if there might be a visual difference between the un-marked toe levers and the *-marked toe levers.
    so I had a set of blank toes with no numbers and then I had a set that were U43 or U34 or something like that. They wanted to blank ones back and then told me the other ones they werenít worried about but also replaced them.

    from what they said at marker, there was a release of some early toes that had the problem, and more of them went out west to bigger shops then stayed east. They caught it, changed some
    stuff and havenít had a problem since.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,689
    125 it is for the BG

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    6,225
    Not having any luck sorting this out with my local shop, sounds like the local rep is annoyed that I'm even asking about it. He was also suspicious, asking the local shop why someone would "have three pair of Dukes", as if having several pair of their bindings in your quiver is something nefarious. Not exactly the response I expected from the Marker rep.

    I brought three pair of new tech toes (with receipts) in to my local shop for replacement (all toe wings are blank); one pair purchased from this shop, one from Amazon, and one from a US online retailer. Local shop says it doesn't matter than none of my tech toe wings are engraved, and that Marker replaced their inventory with corrected toes (even though they don't have any engraving). Given the timeline, I suspect I may have bought my pair before the replacement event occurred... Also, I put all three pair in the same box, so there's no way to know which pair came from which seller. The shop suggested I contact the Amazon seller and the second shop and have them check the dates of their shipments from Marker, but you know how those calls will go: "please contact your local authorized Marker dealer for warranty assistance." Yay, awesome.

    So back to square one, will have to "bench test" each toe. Not a fan of equipment abuse, but I'll have to mount the toes and vigorously work the levers, and see what happens. Better now than five miles from the car.

    Anyone know if the defective levers break when you pull up the lever, or when you push it down?
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-28-2021 at 02:37 PM.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    125 it is for the BG
    Dood, I thought you were a genuflector


    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    5,732
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Not having any luck sorting this out with my local shop, sounds like the local rep is annoyed that I'm even asking about it. He was also suspicious, asking the local shop why someone would "have three pair of Dukes", as if having several pair of their bindings in your quiver is something nefarious. Not exactly the response I expected from the Marker rep.

    I brought three pair of new tech toes (with receipts) in to my local shop for replacement (all toe wings are blank); one pair purchased from this shop, one from Amazon, and one from a US online retailer. Local shop says it doesn't matter than none of my tech toe wings are engraved, and that Marker replaced their inventory with corrected toes (even though they don't have any engraving). Given the timeline, I suspect I may have bought my pair before the replacement event occurred... Also, I put all three pair in the same box, so there's no way to know which pair came from which seller. The shop suggested I contact the Amazon seller and the second shop and have them check the dates of their shipments from Marker, but you know how those calls will go: "please contact your local authorized Marker dealer for warranty assistance." Yay, awesome.

    So back to square one, will have to "bench test" each toe. Not a fan of equipment abuse, but I'll have to mount the toes and vigorously work the levers, and see what happens. Better now than five miles from the car.

    Anyone know if the defective levers break when you pull up the lever, or when you push it down?
    Marker or the rep should be able to tell you based on the serial numbers.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,689
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Dood, I thought you were a genuflector


    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    Ha!

    Well, these are my kids skis.

    But, I was exclusively tele for 10+ years. Then I didn't ski much with infants, so my tele fitness faded and that was annoying af! So lock em down. Now I mostly snowboard. Full spectrum just like my weed!

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Sorry but I lied!

    There is a way to tell the difference between the two toe bindings. The replacement/2nd gen toes have an asterix at the end of the part number on the left pin arm, as per the pic below:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duke PT 2nd gen toe.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	717.2 KB 
ID:	384285
    If you have toe bindings without the asterix at the end of the part number (or totally blank, ie no number at all) then you should get your supplying Marker retailer to exchange them.
    FYI. I ordered 2 pairs of the Duke PT 16s from Corbett's during the Boxing Week sale. A 125mm (for 122mm Renegades) and a 100mm (for ?) and both have the asterisk on them.

    Sold my Shifts and considered CAST. Talked to a few people with them at Whistler and seems good. Gonna give these a try for 80/20, inbounds/sidecountry.

    KC
    _________________________________________________
    I love big dumps.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha!

    Well, these are my kids skis.

    But, I was exclusively tele for 10+ years. Then I didn't ski much with infants, so my tele fitness faded and that was annoying af! So lock em down. Now I mostly snowboard. Full spectrum just like my weed!
    Fair enough. I did my time with the floppy heel gear, all set with that now. Itís a turn not a religion


    Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    FYI. I ordered 2 pairs of the Duke PT 16s from Corbett's during the Boxing Week sale. A 125mm (for 122mm Renegades) and a 100mm (for ?) and both have the asterisk on them.

    Sold my Shifts and considered CAST. Talked to a few people with them at Whistler and seems good. Gonna give these a try for 80/20, inbounds/sidecountry.

    KC
    i think you will really like them. I love all three pairs of mine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •