Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    One in DIN 4-12 , 850 g by fixing in mounted mode (1090 g in downhill mode) to 549 € ,

- The other in DIN 6-16 , 1000g by fixing in mounted mode (1280 g in downhill mode) to 599 € .

Other features: lockable multifunctional brake, 10 ° climbing wedge activated by the stick, height of the shoe 27 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    wtf is happening with "alpine" hood when switching to tour mode? you just take it off? didn't get it
    That's what it looks like.

Seems like the Shift and CAST system fucked and had a retarded baby.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    wtf is happening with "alpine" hood when switching to tour mode? you just take it off? didn't get it
    Yep, put em in yer pocket, or wherever...

Tour mode:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duke PT tour mode.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	300422

https://www.marker.net/en/time-for-the-reset/

It shows a nice lil video there.

Stand by my CAST/Shift baby comparison even more now.

Lots more moving parts than CAST, wonder how that'll do in cold weather or wet snow.

First impression is if I'm going to have to throw a toe piece in my pack then I think I'd rather just go CAST. I'm trying to be nice here cause these guys clearly worked their ass off building something to compete with the Shift. But 3 DIN just ain't worth the weight + fiddle factor + dealing with an untested "Marker" binding.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 11-01-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Ok, expected more of a shift like device. This is... interesting for sure. Just hope they tested for snow clearing, cause reassembling that toe piece looks like a nightmare, but I hope to be wrong.
    Anything on mounting patterns yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Yep, put em in yer pocket, or wherever...

Tour mode:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duke PT tour mode.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	300422
    Gaper marketing pic; tongues out for touring

me no like
    watch out for snakes

Looks like fiddle factor is 10/10. Is there only one attachment point to hold the alpine toe piece down? That concerns me out of the gate - I suspect ice buildup in that latch could cause problems (definitely can see myself thinking it is locked in but actually isn't?). It does say "16" on it though...

Name:  binding.PNG
Views: 1948
Size:  654.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Looks like fiddle factor is 10/10. Is there only one attachment point to hold the alpine toe piece down? That concerns me out of the gate - I suspect ice buildup in that latch could cause problems (definitely can see myself thinking it is locked in but actually isn't?). It does say "16" on it though...

That link says 4 point self locking

This is the binding for marker sponsored athletes and people who ski in bounds 99% of the time but ‘might want to try touring’ and don’t know about Cast.

AAA rated GSA bait.

Website says locks down in four places.

fiddle factor looks to be right in with Shift/Cast. Uphill weight is 100g heavier than a shift and right in line with CAST uphill weight. Overall weight is less than CAST. Could be a good option for someone who wants more retention than a shift but doesn’t want to have to rebuild/risk their bindings with CAST, or don’t know about it. The vast majority of skiers continue to get their hardgoods from retail outlets who won’t carry CAST. Plenty of Big Race Dads who have been using Jesters/Dukes for a decade will be all over this.

Personally I think the MDV photos are really interesting for a variety of reasons.

Reminds me of a transformer movie

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Looks like forward pressure from the heel engages the primary latch hook.

Personal opinion.
    Gotta give Marker some creds for putting together a Shift/Cast competitor.
    They got rid of the heal lever mechanism from the Kingpin, and the toe pins are shifted forward. That just removed a breaking point from the kingpin style heel.

Any idea on price?

These things are more confusing than vaginas

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Interesting...
    Patiently waiting for year two, post-consumer use warranty cycle generation.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Gaper marketing pic; tongues out for touring
    If it's a short quick and easy walk to the top (beyond a boot pack), there are a lot of times I won't bother removing the tongues, I just throw it in walk mode, undo the power strap and top buckle.

Looks like fiddle factor is 10/10. Is there only one attachment point to hold the alpine toe piece down? That concerns me out of the gate - I suspect ice buildup in that latch could cause problems (definitely can see myself thinking it is locked in but actually isn't?). ]
    Marker site shows how it works a bit better. Connects at the front, then rotates back with the pins locking in the side as well as that latch.

So the people that are buying these things and shifts are the ones in the (side) backcountry now?

I’m glad I got too old and fat to be out there now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Interesting...
    Patiently waiting for year two, post-consumer use warranty cycle generation.

If it's a short quick and easy walk to the top (beyond a boot pack), there are a lot of times I won't bother removing the tongues, I just throw it in walk mode, undo the power strap and top buckle.
    Truth & I do the same, yet if you are pushing a tour sled, look like you're really getting after it Marker.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Truth & I do the same, yet if you are pushing a tour sled, look like you're really getting after it Marker.
    That part that makes no sense about that pic is that it is tongues in, and toe piece off. Supposedly you can leave the toe piece on for short tours (i.e. when your tongues would be in).

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    My speculation based on that picture would be the silver lever is the tech toe and that the alpine part of the toe piece will be removable a la CAST, but with an actual IOS 9523 certified binding.

Oh...say less

Now I have very little trust in Marker reading the Kingpin thread, but if this sucker doesn't pre-release (or explode) - it could be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    That part that makes no sense about that pic is that it is tongues in, and toe piece off. Supposedly you can leave the toe piece on for short tours (i.e. when your tongues would be in).
    Photo art direction is a bitch

Agree.

This looks like a Rube Goldberg machine of a binding; the fiddle factor plus a snow and ice packing nightmare.

Considering Marker can't even get the simple stuff right, I wouldn't touch these with with a 10 foot pole.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I don't think they look horrible. Ice packing might be a problem. But what can this do better/lighter/etc than a shift?