Paintless Dent Removal

Anyone know anything/have experience?

I have some small dents I'd love to not see anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

I've used it with good results. Just depends on the dent and if they can access the dent. Roof lines are a no go. crinkle creases are iffy. Aluminum is tough also

They make new cars every day.

Oar live wifit.

If there is good access behind the dent it can be done although the results can be hit or miss.

Its not like you are wearing around an outer covering that resembles a golf ball.
    watch out for snakes

I would also add that Dentless pain removal should be a thing.
    watch out for snakes

I saw “Pointless Dent Removal” which immediately made me think of my beater Dakota.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I saw "Painless Dental Removal" and was going to suggest using extra numbing agent.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Watched it done on a car we bought (dealer threw it in). Some places needed access and some didn't. Worked reasonably well for stuff like door dings.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I saw "Painless Dental Removal" and was going to suggest using extra numbing agent.
    Had that done two weeks ago, back in today to get stitches out and see how the dents look.
    watch out for snakes

Had it done on my 80 recently. Worked awesome. Tree branch fell on the hood and dented the fender and a door scrape from grazing another tree. Looks pre-dent now. Body shop quoted me $2,800 and was going to use bondo and repaint. Paintless was $700 and no bondo. The did have to drill an access point in one of the doors and then plugged it.

A lot of doors on modern cars have a plug on the bottom panel specifically to allow PDR access.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I glanced quick and saw “Pantless dent removal” . My mind was racing with beautiful girls in thongs doing body work. Leaving rather disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    I glanced quick and saw “Pantless dent removal” . My mind was racing with beautiful girls in thongs doing body work. Leaving rather disappointed
    ^^^This is the prime business opportunity for the OP in the "throw in the towel" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    You may be onto something here. I know guys who would willingly put dents in their cars.

all you need

Name:  plunger.JPG
Views: 738
Size:  11.5 KB

you guys are the fuhnneeezzziest.

general consensus seems that it's probably worth looking into. Am I reasonably correct in thinking that insurance co is more likely to embrace this vs. full body shop approach? Did your premiums go up when you claimed? Did you claim?

you guys are the fuhnneeezzziest.

general consensus seems that it's probably worth looking into. Am I reasonably correct in thinking that insurance co is more likely to embrace this vs. full body shop approach? Did your premiums go up when you claimed? Did you claim?
    Pictures ? You might find a reputable guy ans see what cash option might be for you. Depending on the dent(s) it might be cheaper than your deductible. If it's a dent with creases or paint loss they usually can't fix it.

It depends on where the dents are, how deep, how sharp, etc.

My guy is Ryan Snider in Bellevue (206. 399. 0344) ryanpdr@gmail.com

He came to my house in Lake Forest Park and did an impeccable job on my Audi. Said if I lived in Seattle I would have to bring the car to the Eastside. He gave me an estimate (accurate) based on photos I texted him.

Didn’t run mine through insurance. Paid cash. Was only a couple hundred more than my deductible.

I have a number of small dents on two different vehicles.... not sure how that would all add up vs. deductible.

They're pretty much all sheet metal, no creases. The kind of thing you get when a baseball thrown by the kid across the street hits your door. GTF off my lawn!

So there's mobile guys that come to you to do this?

I have a number of small dents on two different vehicles.... not sure how that would all add up vs. deductible.

They're pretty much all sheet metal, no creases. The kind of thing you get when a baseball thrown by the kid across the street hits your door. GTF off my lawn!

There are but this job is highly dependent of the skill of the person doing it. Most body shops have a PDR guy come around 1x a week or so, and they schedule you that day. My best results have been by going thru the best body shop in my area, as they know and use the best guys for this. A random PDR guy may not be as good. In my area a quarter size ding runs about $100-150 per thru this body shop.

Yes, but be sure they're not dyslexic.

Otherwise you may end up with dentless paint removal.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Most guys work out of their van and Ryan Snyder referenced by GrgL seems to have high ratings. They often give some sort of a break for volume work. You might send him photos and see what he quotes.

Don't know about mobile guys but give United Autobody in Issaquah a shout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

i read pointless dent removal