Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That bikes worth what, $200? How much time is he going to spend on it.
    I have no idea what it's worth. As I stated originally, I don't really know anything about bikes, but he does and I guess he upgraded what might otherwise be a pretty cheap bike (if that's true). No idea what, if anything, that might do to the value of it.

Also, I started the thread before seeing the photo (I opened it right before attaching), and was originally under the impression that the stolen bike was his other bike, which at some point I learned is worth at least $5k (so yeah, I first posted with an incorrect sense of the value). This bike is his commuter bike, not sure what kind of bike the other one is.

So Londonderry is like a giant bikeshare program?

I’m coming. That’s it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So Londonderry is like a giant bikeshare program?

I’m coming. That’s it.
    Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Except without the bikes. But aside from that it's identical.

Supposedly you could even meet Timberridge there, but after years of searching I have found no evidence of his actual, physical existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I have no idea what it's worth. As I stated originally, I don't really know anything about bikes, but he does and I guess he upgraded what might otherwise be a pretty cheap bike (if that's true). No idea what, if anything, that might do to the value of it.

Also, I started the thread before seeing the photo (I opened it right before attaching), and was originally under the impression that the stolen bike was his other bike, which at some point I learned is worth at least $5k (so yeah, I first posted with an incorrect sense of the value). This bike is his commuter bike, not sure what kind of bike the other one is.
    Vibes to your bud, that's a pretty cool bike in my book. Yeah, there's a few hundred bucks worth of upgrades there. The saddle would sell for 75-100; racks and basket you keep cuz they cost $$ too, time spent on the 1x9 plus more $$ even if the derailleur and cassette are cheap. Front hub and light and so on. Its hard to find a townie bike that's got all the stuff you like so you buy one for $200 put $$? into it and its still hard to sell for much more than 2-3 hundo, but its got the stuff you want. I think people often strip the accessories for their next bike, so its tough to replace that whip for cheap, even though it wouldn't fetch that much without a lot of patience. That's why you strip it back down prior to sale. @200 that bike goes [quite] fast with that build. I'd start higher but you get the idea. dollars to pesos it was stolen for the saddle first and the rest is gravy.

Denver CL bike market is fucking infuriating, but it can pay off.

Does look like a nice bike to cruise around Londonderry with; perhaps in the fall with the leaves on the ground, that crisp fall air in your face. Not yet so cool that you need gloves, but you can feel winter is right around the corner. Just cruising down a flat, tree lined neighborhood street without a care in the world. Ahhh, good times.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Ask this mook:
    https://www.vaildaily.com/news/denve...l-bike-thefts/
    VAIL — A Denver man will face additional charges for two more bike thefts that occurred in Vail last month, police said
    A Yeti mountain bike reported stolen June 25 from City Market in Vail was recovered in Idaho Springs on Wednesday. It was valued at $2,000.

A GT 4 Series road bike reported stolen June 25 from Vail Das Schone was recovered in Denver on Wednesday. It was valued at $500.
    Robin Jay Clifton, 60, will face additional charges in the two thefts, said Sgt. Justin Liffick of the Vail Police Department.
    Clifton already faces charges of second-degree burglary, two counts of felony theft and misdemeanor criminal mischief in connection with two high-end bikes stolen from the Base Camp shop in Vail Village on June 23 and 25. The June 25 theft included breaking a window on the shop’s storefront.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Supposedly you could even meet Timberridge there, but after years of searching I have found no evidence of his actual, physical existence.
    Name:  bfdbiye.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  51.8 KB

Dexter, keep your eyes peeled for fresh scat containing undigested berries and Switchback bottle caps. I'll be nearby.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I had a Jamis stolen when I was 19. That was almost 31 years ago. Loved that bike. What is it about Jamis and sticky fingered people?

Dex, send me your friends address. I'll send him $50 so he can buy another piece of shit bike to replace the piece of shit that got stolen.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

^^People helping people is what this place is all about. Dex, then you send birdkiller 120g of Toko HF, or perhaps you have a spare giant drill bit you can send him for setting gates, then everyone makes out.

Musta been awhile since you purchased HF wax.

How about a day ticket at Londonderry's finest outdoor recreational facility instead?
    [quote][//quote]

My mistake, was thinking of 60g so thought it was 2x as expensive--you were exactly right (but buy the shop size bar for a better deal anyway).
    [quote][//quote]

I think I found the bike...

Name:  weekend-afternoon-randomness-xx-photos-6.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  270.1 KB