Volvo S80 opinions?

I've been thinking about buying a new used car. I like the Volvo S80 all wheel drive models. Does anyone have any experience owning one?

All the moms in the ski club love their Volvos (including my wife).
    I fucking hate them. Mrs. Waxman is on her 4th (always wagons/suv) if you're over 5'6" they are a pain to drive or sit in the passenger seat for any length of time.
    Also fucking expensive for any type of service. Small gas tanks and sucky mileage too.
    YMMV
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Ouch, I had a 1992 740 that went 378,000 miles with nothing but shade tree mechanic, (me), maintence. It didn't have very good traction, but it ran like a top until my daughter crashed it..... I thought the newer all wheel drive might solve the traction issue, and my daughter is out of the house!

I dunno, the milf mobile (2013 XC60 T6) has plenty of room for me (6'3"). This is our 5th Volvo, hit and miss on reliability for the previous ones, but this one has been excellent. The T6 is worth the sucky mileage..

I've had Volvos in my driveway since 1989 (picked that one up at the factory in Gothenburg). Also had a 740 that went somewhere north of 300K (don't really know because the odometer stopped working for about 18 months). Transmission sent that one to the junkyard. I drove it in Syracuse and as long as I put snow tires on it, it went fine in the snow. I now own a 2012 S60 T5 fwd. Great car. I'm 6'0" and have no issues with comfort or access. Best seats I've ever had in any car. It's got 95K and I figure I'll keep it for another 8 years. It came with free maintenance on everything except tires for the first 60K so I haven't spent much. Brakes just cost me $900 and I've replaced both front strut bearings at about $275 each. Other than that, it runs perfectly. My recollection is that there were some electrical gremlins with the S80...all the European high end cars seem to suffer from that malady (Audi A6 anyone?). If you can find a decent S60 T6, I would definitely go in that direction. I've never found the inline 5 to be lacking power but that V6 sure is a sweet motor.

My audis (a6!) electronics sucked. It does seem euro cars got into some pretty cool electronics stuff but they also suffered from lots of issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I also like Volvo seats. Great on long drives.

Volvo's seem to be pretty variable when it comes to reliability. Some model years are great. Others are fraught with problems. IIRC, some of the S80's are among the worst. If you dig into Volvo forums you can figure out which ones are a good bet and which will nickel and dime you, er... $500-$1000 you to death.

Yes, I thought Volvo was known for having some of the best seats in the business. One of my biggest complaints about my Lexus. Alot of adjustment, but still not quite right.

2015 XC70 T6 owner here. I'm a little north of six feet and am super comfy in it. Lots of power, same mileage as an outback, but more useable space. Can't speak to reliability though, that'll be the next guy's problem.

Swedespeed is the TGR for Volvos.

We have a 2019 xc60 t5. Love it.. it's a great car/small SUV. Its comfortable to drive and the new style dash and touchscreen is awesome.

Went from a BMW suv this and it does not drive as well as the previous but it's a tradeoff in the comforts I think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If yer looking at a big used Euro SUV, why not look at all of them, and the Japs as well, etc.? Way too many factors to narrow it down early.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Actually, I'm looking for a big comfy sedan. I drove the BMW 535i, wonderful car, worried about upkeep. I also drove a MB E350, not as impressive. I thought it would be nicer. I ended up buying the Volvo S80. I'll let you know how it works out in 100,000 miles.

Also, I own a Lexus ES350 now, dependable, but a little boring. The biggest drawback is the uncomfortable front seats.

Good luck. Everybody mentioning XC versions got me thinking that way. I’m sure it will be great.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda