Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Denver - August 23 - 26...what's going on?

We are heading to Denver to drop my daughter off at DU and have from Friday 8/23 - Sunday 8/25th available for being tourists. Anything in town happening that weekend? Any events in the surrounding area that we should look into? We haven't booked any accommodations yet so we have some flexibility.

Reggae on the Rocks at Red Rocks if you're into that kind of thing.

Highly Suspect at the new Mission Ballroom on the 24th if you are into them. Reggae on the Rocks would be better but longer.

Reggae on the Rocks is the shit. Do it.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Shotgun Willies?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Probably the highest (heh) concentration of white people in dreads you'll ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Probably the highest (heh) concentration of white people in dreads you'll ever see.
    Always immediately racist. Fucktard.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Always immediately racist. Fucktard.
    A dude points out that white people have dreads (which yeah, its a bit appropriative of a historically exploited culture) -- and you get defensive. What a lil white snowflake you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'll check it out and see if tix still available.

Dave Matthews Band is at fiddlers green if you are into that kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Dave Matthews Band is at fiddlers green if you are into that kind of thing
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Think we’ll take the bus to Estes Park for a day excursion.

^^^ check the park site, they were paving in July and back ups were a nightmare. Estes is nice to visit but dear god the tourons. Prepare yourself. Golden Gate St Park is a great place close to city and a lot of good hiking. Clear Creek Canyon park if hot, new trails long the river and can hike up in the draws. Eldorado Canyon St park for day hikes.

Thank god Rockies out of town or I would recommend you go watch them loose. Make sure you hit a pot shop, $1 bet there is a Texas tag in the lot. Not much of a Dtown guy so no help there, heard the mint is worth some time but I have never been. Broadway area has some cool spots.

If you want to hook up for a beer, shoot a pm. Im north of Denver.

Hawk has some good advice there. I am around too, would gladly meet for a hike or beer or whatever.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm totally listening to an old show. For Danno. This tape is so dusty.

All acoustic at the Flood Zone 9/30/1992, Set II.

Highlights include:
    Angel from Montgomery;
    Me & Julio;
    Exodus;
    Cry Freedom.

Bonus some Granny with Phish and Warehouse.

Make the best of what's around, eh? Turns out, not where, but who you're with (and what you think) that really matters.

Denver - August 23 - 26...what's going on?

Thanks hawk and dan. We aren’t planning on renting a car so public transport limits where we will go.

Being tourists, RMNP is on the list and I understand it will be a crowded shit show within a 1/2 mile of the road.

I’ll reach out about beers later in the week.

Well, if you want to cruise around Boulder or go for a hike here, you could ride public to Boulder (from downtown Denver it's pretty easy, but if you're down at DU it is a little more difficult) and I could pick you up from the park and ride and ferry you around. Heck, could even lend you my car for the day assuming we can work out logistics.

In Denver and Golden that weekend is Colorado Classic bicycle race. This year is women’s racing only, but I’ve always enjoyed these events. Also consider the da Vinci exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It is fantastic.

As said, hiking from Denver without a car is tough logistically. Maybe call one if the airport to mountain shuttle services and see if they will pick you up, drop you off at a trailhead and pick you up on the way back to the airport. I have had luck with “Home James” picking me up off the official route in the past. They could drop you at continental divide trail on Berthoud Pass. Herman and Dry gulches are two trail heads right off I 70 on the way to Summit County if you ride with a Summit or Eagle County transport service.

Happy travels!

Senor Burritos on 1st Ave and Broadway grab a Westword while eating a glorious smothered chile relleno burrito and wing it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Senor Burritos on 1st Ave and Broadway grab a Westword while eating a glorious smothered chile relleno burrito and wing it from there.
    We stayed in Speer last year but have a place in Platt Park this year. It’s a 10 minute walk to the train so accessibility to Union Station should be pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Never had a Senor Burritos, but El Taco De Mexico also has a delicious chile relleno burrito.

Great. Now I'm hungry for relleno burritos.

If you like funky beers, Black Project is very very good. I was also impressed with Alternation last time I was in there, esp compared to first go. Maria's Empanadas is also a local favorite. If you want to spend some cash and enjoy it, Sushi Den.

Tokyo Premium Bakery is the tits.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    In Denver and Golden that weekend is Colorado Classic bicycle race. This year is women’s racing only, but I’ve always enjoyed these events. Also consider the da Vinci exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It is fantastic.
    And keep in mind the da Vinci exhibit ends August 25th. Also - it's likely to be a shitshow on that final weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    <snip>
    Tokyo Premium Bakery is the tits.
    Do you get kare pan? I've heard really good things about the kare pan.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    In Denver and Golden that weekend is Colorado Classic bicycle race. This year is women’s racing only, but I’ve always enjoyed these events. !
    Agreed. I've gone a number of years. Go early to a place along 17th st, get brunch with a bottomless mimosa outside, get smashed and watch women in lycra who are faster than you'll ever be.