Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    ^^^
    Now you went and pissed in the wasp nest.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I think this is the most fired up I’ve ever seen KQ!

You care too much... try the cbd with indica

I know, I know.... but the enormity of all the niggling pieces of plastic in my life and what to do with them/how to avoid them is a point of contention with me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Not sure if anyone's told you, but posting a link instead of the whole recipe is more efficient.....

Time to duck

When I can I do but you can't link to Cook's Illustrated recipes which are the majority of what I use otherwise I would.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well aren't we feeling magnanimous this evening. That's wasn't my intended point. It is more the constant barrage of information about how you would've/could've/should've lived your life better/been a better citizen of the world/been more efficient. It's just too much to bear sometimes.

Just the other day I went to The Iceberg, a local drive-in for a chocolate malt (db malt, yum!) . I wasn't really thinking beyond enjoying the malt which I did but that night on the news there was a story on this beach in Hawaii that is covered in garbage comprised mostly of plastics and there I was enjoying my chocolate malt with a plastic straw. FORK! I'm not enjoying a chocolate malt, I'm killing whales! I thought.

I rinsed and recycled the cup but that straw... that damn straw... what was I to do with it? For days it sat beside my sink mocking me. Daring me to throw it away. I considered my options. I could cut it up... no... no.. that would just make smaller harder to clean-up piece of detritus floating in the ocean killing unsuspecting sea turtles. I could burn it... who am I kidding, I don't burn garbage besides that would pollute the air. I could stake a plant with it but it might poison the soil with all it's plastic nastiness. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hhh!

In the end I put it in a drawer. Out of sight, out of mind..............
    the plastics problem in our oceans is in large part caused by packaging for house hold good sold in east asia and asia. everything is wrapped in single serving units. many of these nations consider recycling throwing garbage in the biggest river they can walk to

Gasoline is organic, correct? It comes out of the ground?? And kills yellow jackets?
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well aren't we feeling magnanimous this evening. That's wasn't my intended point. It is more the constant barrage of information about how you would've/could've/should've lived your life better/been a better citizen of the world/been more efficient. It's just too much to bear sometimes.

Just the other day I went to The Iceberg, a local drive-in for a chocolate malt (db malt, yum!) . I wasn't really thinking beyond enjoying the malt which I did but that night on the news there was a story on this beach in Hawaii that is covered in garbage comprised mostly of plastics and there I was enjoying my chocolate malt with a plastic straw. FORK! I'm not enjoying a chocolate malt, I'm killing whales! I thought.
    Unless your local landfill is regularly rinsed out to the Columbia, your particular straw has little chance of seeing the ocean. Filling up the landfill is a different discussion.
    Throwing it away on the beach or on the river, better odds.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

^^ link no workee

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Went camping last night, opened the tent this morning and saw this little softball sized hive. It was cool and rainy though, so no activity to worry about. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190810_104844.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	290820

found an underground yellow jacket nest the other day mowing after I ran the mower over it, luckily I was able to get away before they found me and I avoided cutting around that spot. the last underground nest I had was in my compost pile, I tried gas, water, soap, and wasp killer, nothing worked and they'd be back in a week meaner than before. I finally took my shop vac hose and connected it to the tail pipe of my truck, stuck it in the hole and let it idle for a while, they were finally gone and those that weren't in the hole were gone the next day. This nest is in a buckwheat field that will get cut this week so I'll hit them with a can of spray before we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    ...I finally took my shop vac hose and connected it to the tail pipe of my truck, stuck it in the hole and let it idle for a while...
    This seems kind of brilliant.

Underground Bee Hive

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This seems kind of brilliant.
    Until your vacuum hose starts to melt.

The gopher laughed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post

The gopher laughed at me.
    Heh. One of those you wouldn’t think about until you tried it. And then it’s too late.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I didn't use a gas turbine engine just for that very reason.
    The shop vac hose would get hotter sitting in the sun than it does connected to the tailpipe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HmMwB5A.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	951.3 KB 
ID:	290915
    watch out for snakes

Sitting on the back stone staircase and discovered these wasps are nesting under them. On the phone yakking and they flew around me but didn't seem too worried, nor am I, so will leave them alone.
    On the other hand I am painting the house trim due to severe fading of the California brand paint and spotted a group of hornets that have nested in the rake overhang peak having gained access through a small gap in the trim. This will be tough to address.

Name:	20190817_214649.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	620.7 KB 
ID:	291526

Name:	20190817_214744.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	291527
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Crazy-looking wasp, I wonder what it is.

The hornets I'd just hit with a jet of Spectracide or similar after sunset and see how it goes. If you can aim the jet in the gap for a few seconds you should be good.

Got about 5 wasp stings the other day while demoing a deck.
    It was unpleasant.

been meaning to post this - guess they can do some good:

Angry wasps help German police nab fleeing fugitive

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Crazy-looking wasp, I wonder what it is.

The hornets I'd just hit with a jet of Spectracide or similar after sunset and see how it goes. If you can aim the jet in the gap for a few seconds you should be good.
    Looks to be a Mud Dauber, No wonder I am not inundated with spiders. insectidentification.org

I don't want to break out the 40, I was going to paint the trim face laying on the roof. Fear I would be fucked trying to reach under to jet those fuckers. Will just slap the brush the next cool morning.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looks to be a Mud Dauber, No wonder I am not inundated with spiders. insectidentification.org

I don't want to break out the 40, I was going to paint the trim face laying on the roof. Fear I would be fucked trying to reach under to jet those fuckers. Will just slap the brush the next cool morning.
    Bust a cap in their ass!

Kinda late to the party here, but this is how I took out an underground yellowjacket nest.
    My 1st thought was to burn 'em out in some way, but living in the Tahoe basin, if I fuck it up I'd be the moron who started a forest fire so figured I better come up with a better plan.
    As suggested previously, I put on a bunch of baggy ski gear, including goggles and went out with a shovel to pry up one of the rocks by the entrance. I then ran away quickly.
    I few hours later after they had settled down, I put a huge pot of water on the stove, and as it got to boiling I geared up again. I poured the boiling H2O into the hive and again, ran away quickly. This mostly did the trick but I repeated a few days later just to be sure.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Yeah I’ve been using boiling water to kill ants for a while now. I think it only kills some of them but they abandon the site thinking it’s thermal or something.

Kills weeds and grass too so that can be good or bad depending.

Someone on my local Front Page Forum has a great idea.

Hornets Nest Removal

Joan Gilbert • jbgilbert@********.com • Center Fayston Rd, Moretown
    Seeking recommendations
    I have a bald or white faced hornets nest right outside of my door and need someone to remove it.
    I am trying FPF before I call terminex or some service.
    I read the DIY methods and am not wanting to risk it.
    These are not your run of the mill flying pandas like honeybees. They are trained assassins! My dog and I can testify. They send out one to make the first hit, who then calls for group backup. It is not pretty.
    Anyone out there do this type of service?

Re: Hornets Nest Removal

Ann Odonnell • annno@****.net • Mill Brook, Fayston
    Discussion
    We have luck with vacuuming the bees up. Place the vacuum nozzle very close to the entrance. Very early in the morning, before the bees are active. Then turn on the vacuum on and leave it running till no more bees are seen leaving the nest. We've eliminated many ground nests that way.

What kind of vacuum? My shop vac would rip the shell off the nest if I moved too close. For ground hornets, how many hours do you need to vac the nest?
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

^^^ When bald-faced hornets move in, your best bet is to sell and relocate. Fuck those things are nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ When bald-faced hornets move in, your best bet is to sell and relocate. Fuck those things are nasty.
    He's not kidding. Those fuckers are BADASS.

And just in case anyone hasn't had the pleasure...