Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I vote for, Get a Skunk.
    Seriously. Let's get this plan moving.

How long would you say these fuckers are from stem to stern? Looks kinda European Hornet-ish (but they are big bastards) from the pics. If they are an inch or more in length, fuck that shit, pay somebody. They are badass as all hell.

Another "introduced species", that always works out well. wtf were they thinking is what I wonder. "We're not terrified enough in this new land, let's get some hornets up in here."

Wasps
    Depending on their nest location, most of the techniques described above won’t work. Sometimes they have multiple entrances and often then entrances go down and around corners, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5576.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	288119

I’ve found that you have to dig until you find the heart of the nest and then crush it and drown with pesticide. Googles, hood, gloves, jacket, long thick pants, and boots recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I'd fill the hole with molten aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    . If they are an inch or more in length, fuck that shit, pay somebody. They are badass as all hell...
    If they’re really huge, like more than an inch long, make sure they’re not a cicada killer before you go all fucking nuclear on them. Those fuckers don’t hurt nothing but cicadas.

Are they this huge? They look like this? Are they flying around and trying to fight you? Or are they just going in and out of a hole like they live there and they get some business going on. The cicada killers want to fucking kick your ass for being in their neighborhood. Even though ain’t got no damn stingers.

Name:  E07622C3-1AEF-4B2D-AC35-4F0CCF422092.jpeg
Views: 716
Size:  79.1 KB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphecius_speciosus

Believe me, I know my shit. I am not a dental entomologist.. I am at entomologist who specializes in entomology dentistry. The work ain’t easy and my tool kit is admittedly small.... However I do get Wednesdays and powder days off in addition to my weekends. So I got that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    If they’re really huge, like more than an inch long, make sure they’re not a cicada killer before you go all fucking nuclear on them. Those fuckers don’t hurt nothing but cicadas.

Are they this huge? They look like this? Are they flying around and trying to fight you? Or are they just going in and out of a hole like they live there and they get some business going on. The cicada killers want to fucking kick your ass for being in their neighborhood. Even though ain’t got no damn stingers.

Name:  E07622C3-1AEF-4B2D-AC35-4F0CCF422092.jpeg
Views: 716
Size:  79.1 KB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphecius_speciosus

Believe me, I know my shit. I am not a dental entomologist.. I am at entomologist who specializes in entomology dentistry. The work ain’t easy and my tool kit is admittedly small.... However I do get Wednesdays and powder days off in addition to my weekends. So I got that going for me.
    Cicada killers absolutely do have stingers, and use them to paralyze their prey. The are not aggressive towards people. I've seen one of those bad asses pound a cicada to the ground, sting it relentlessly then pick it up and fly away with the caucus three times the size of the wasp itself. Fucking cool as shit to see.

Never been bothered by one, but I wouldn't want accidentally sit on or fall on their nest. Ground bees though, those things are totally harmless.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Not cicada killers and I’d say similar sized to if anything slightly bigger than a normal bee.

Not fuzzy like the bee pics.

One neighbor alsready scoped me trying to check these f’ers out and yelled, “you got bees there!?!” I said no, wasps without even knowing at the time to keep him moving.

The underground diagram is a little disheartening for my action plan. I’m weary of blowing much up as I live in the city and there’s gas lines n shit. Molten aluminum sounds fun.

Somewhere on this website is a tale of my, well, actually my dog’s, last run in with a skunk. No fucking thanks.
    I still call it The Jake.

We got an entomologist in the hizzouse. Noted.

Yeah the Cicada killers are pretty distinctive and they put on a show but you can tell their heart's not in it. European Hornets, on the other hand....RUN!!!

I've been on like a 20-year mission against fucking Carpenter Bees, the males don't sting but they act all badass, but the morons give away the location of their wimmin, so thanks I guess.

I wouldn't give a fuck about them but they're trying to eat my house. So, die. Permethrin in the holes. I've gotten so i kinda enjoy the buzzing after you puff the powder up in the burrow (the burrow's in my siding) and the way the female comes out of the burrow all dusted up with the Permethrin powder and proceeds to die, noisily.

It's probably not for everyone.

I had an underground bee nest once and I put a corn hole board over it for a few days and blocked all the light, they moved away.

Forgot where I read to do that but it seemed to work

I have two corn hole boards that have been sitting in the garage for like 10 years, PM me if you want them BMIlls.

Dish soap and garden hose. Wait until after dark. Might take a couple applications.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I'd fill the hole with molten aluminum
    Then sell it as art on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have two corn hole boards that have been sitting in the garage for like 10 years, PM me if you want them BMIlls.
    Depends what’s on em I guess. Back in college, in the ancestral city of cornhole’s birth, I made a pair of my own boards. Not a weekend seemed to pass where you didn’t drink and play yourself silly.

It’s ok. I’m long done with that chapter in my life.

The cornhole that is.

You sure? We have a juvenile skunk that poaches our cat food. Free to a good home!

Boiling mint water, then fill the opening with expanding foam spray

An actual expert chimes in to get immediately contradicted. Good ole TRG.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Depends what’s on em I guess.
    There's definitely shit on them. Whatever it is, turned black at some point. Or maybe it was black.

But yeah there's some shit of undetermined origin on there for sure.

PM me your addy. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, well, fuck you.

Have a nice day, see yah later

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Have you seen his credentials? Until then he's just another guy pretending to be an entomologist. Happens all the time.

I have had one of these ground hives, I burned those green mosquito thing above the area for a weekend. Seemed to do it. BUT was in MO with high humidity, not sure I would do that in CO

Cornhole circa 1997 was in its infancy and us pretentious college kid east-siders in Cincinnati stole it from our heathen Price Hill west-side brethren who curated the game. It was revolutionary when it came to bbq drinking activities, much less backyard sport.

Ice, my boards were adorned with the crosstown rival logos of the UC "paw" and X. I'm not sure boards with poo of unknown provenance are what my life needs right now, much less the game as-is.

I'll send my info if my needs change. Thank you.

Underground Bee Hive

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Pour some diesel fuel in there and light it up! Fuck the underground yellow jackets. Throw your ski gear on and tape all your openings shut. Put your googles on, and get a lighter and aerosol can. Torch the fuckers that escape.

sent from Utah.
    WORTHLESS WITHOUT GOPRO FOOTY !

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Bobby, in years past I've gone to shows at The Gorge only to unknowingly park next to some jamokes in the campground with midwest (or southern as they've easily co-oped the game) roots, which means waking up to the sound of beanbags pounding plywood and cracking beers.

At 8 am.

We're all neighbors.

I've seen this shit. No joke. On both the "Ocho" when the tmzSPN does that every year and also on the large green down below my office tower by, what I'm guessing, are freelance graphic designers of some sort.

It doesn't look conducive to holding a drink. And it doesn't look as pleasant as hackey sack was in high school. Bit aggro if anything for a millenial hippie sport. Fuck em, I'll launch a jart from the balcony if things get out of control.