Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Tiger torch and leaf blower... turn that hive into smelter.
    Add some pressure and he can make gemstones from the wasps.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    RU serious? This sort of wacky shit will get you a trip to the emergency room...

Shop Vacuum

This yellow jacket trap can be used for both underground nests and hanging nests – albeit with greater caution. If the nest if far from your house, which is often the case because the paper wasps love to live in barns and gardens, you will need a generator or lots of long outdoor extension cords to use this yellow jacket trap.

Fill the shop vacuum about halfway full of soapy water after you have located the nest.

Place a bowl or rock over the secondary opening of the nest.

Turn on the vacuum, and prepare to stand there for about an hour with the suction end placed firmly to the ground, to suck out all of the meat bees. If there are hundreds to thousands of colony members, it could take several hours to suck them all out of the nest.

Beware, if you let up the pressure when holding the opening of the shop vacuum to the ground, the yellow jackets will escape through any tiny separations between the dirt and the hose and attack you both viciously and relentlessly.
    the last option was gasoline

Gasoline And Diesel Fuel
    This is the most dangerous, possibly destructive to the soil, and arguably effective, means of destroying an underground yellow jacket nest. This practice might not be legal in some municipalities or states – check you local laws before using a diesel or gasoline torch to burn out a colony.

If you are not careful and able to contain the fire after pouring diesel fuel or gasoline into an entryway in the nest and setting it on fire, you could be hurt or killed, the barn where the nest is located could go up in flames (sometimes hours after you leave and the animals are back in the barn where undetected smoldering wood finally catches on fire) or other various types of destruction that can come from playing with fire and an accelerant.

That being noted, my husband’s buddy did use this method inside my 100 year old wood barn (when I wasn’t home) to get rid of the yellow jacket nest we had been tracking for weeks. It worked and my barn is still standing – but that might very well be because my beloved has been an officer on the fire department for more than a decade.

^husbands buddy? NNTAWWT.

^^Long hrs at the firehouse and a propensity to pose partially clothed in calendars as a guise for fundraising have always made me a bit nervous around firemen.

This thread is full of so much entertainment... Def made a very long conf call day go quicker... BMills if you love yourself, family and property call the pros...! Def will continue to read to see what method you decide to use and outcome... Good luck...!

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Yellow jacket traps actually work pretty well. They like sugar.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Drop an M-80 down the hole, run inside, and laugh at your nosey neighbor getting pounded by angry hornets when he comes out to see that the noise was..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Unfortunately there's no chat archives, but oldtime mag snow_slider would probably agree that filling a balloon with gas, setting it on fire and dropping it out of a second-story window on the nest is not the best idea. Especially when unbeknownst to you the UPS guy is about to walk around the corner directly into the target area.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    BMills if you love yourself, family and property call the pros...!
    While that may be true and probably the most effective thing, it's also not nearly as much fun as some of the more reckless methods of extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Unfortunately there's no chat archives, but oldtime mag snow_slider would probably agree that filling a balloon with gas, setting it on fire and dropping it out of a second-story window on the nest is not the best idea. Especially when unbeknownst to you the UPS guy is about to walk around the corner directly into the target area.
    Noice.

I wish I could remember how he lit it without blowing himself the fuck up. A fuse or something. Tipp might remember.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    While that may be true and probably the most effective thing, it's also not nearly as much fun as some of the more reckless methods of extermination.
    Could not agree more and the ideas of how to get rid of them (creativity) has been well worth the read... I just remember this article and to me bees should either be left alone or let the pros do their thing...

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3401833002

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

@stuck re yellow jacket traps

Put lunch meat in em, that works pretty well too. Don't call em meat bees for nothin... Also, in dry climates if you have any water around on your property and don't need it, remove it. Removing the fountain in the garden made the biggest difference at our current location. No water, far far far fewer nasty bugs.
    sigless.

Well duh... You don't light the balloon before dropping it. You toss a lit flare down to the ignition zone then drop the balloon on the flare from above..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

@ SJG: Well we only heard about it after the fact, and after the police had left, but before his wife had gotten home. Somehow the UPS guy didn't get incinerated but apparently a fair part of the garden did.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Only in Mexico.
    Oar Taco Bell
    watch out for snakes

I'm not sure if these would be 100% effective but it might be fun to watch the spiders vs the yellow jackets:

Name:  science.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  76.3 KB

Also I'm not sure where you would actually get these spiders that can blanket a whole area with their webs.

https://4clarityofinfinity.wordpress...er-by-spiders/
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I'd rather have yellowjackets.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I'm not sure if these would be 100% effective but it might be fun to watch the spiders vs the yellow jackets:

Name:  science.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  76.3 KB

Also I'm not sure where you would actually get these spiders that can blanket a whole area with their webs.

https://4clarityofinfinity.wordpress...er-by-spiders/
    You could probably light that web on fire at one end and it would burn across the whole field. Especially if you sprayed a little diesel on it first. Spiders screaming! You'd probably succeed in killing the yellow jackets too.
    sigless.

How long would you say these fuckers are from stem to stern? Looks kinda European Hornet-ish (but they are big bastards) from the pics. If they are an inch or more in length, fuck that shit, pay somebody. They are badass as all hell.

Another "introduced species", that always works out well. wtf were they thinking is what I wonder. "We're not terrified enough in this new land, let's get some hornets up in here."
    You might be thinking cicada killers. Black with while back ends. Look huge. Mostly harmless unless really really provoked. Think I've said it before, in my pest control days we used a powder in a bulb on the end of a pole typically. Spray into hole and it's a residual called ficam The ones in the balst zone get coated and come buzzing out like flying powdered donut holes. The other just get it on their next way out and die later.

FYI ficam I believe works on many flying stingy pests and for in ground application I say long pole, dusk time and a couple good puffs from a bulb applicator.

Good luck

https://www.ebay.com/p/Pest-Control-...xoCqTgQAvD_BwE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    You could probably light that web on fire at one end and it would burn across the whole field. Especially if you sprayed a little diesel on it first. Spiders screaming! You'd probably succeed in killing the yellow jackets too.
    No fire necessary. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on spiders. The beautiful part is that when wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I'd have gone with Donnay or Prince, but hey, it's your funeral.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Well?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Well?
    Name:  london-fire.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  45.2 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Requires a repost of this epic battle

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime