Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Found one yesterday right next to the driveway under some flowering bushes and close to the house.

It’s a high traffic area for us and our young son and I’d like to look into relocating them as opposed to nuking from orbit and beheading the remains, of any.

Any suggestions?
    If they're just European honeybees, it's time to teach the kid that bee stings hurt but aren't the end of the world (unless he's allergic, then see below) and to be aware of his surroundings when outside during the summer. If they're not European honeybees, all the more reason to leave them alone, most other species don't even sting. When outside, bees are critical pollinators that we need for the fruits he likes so we need to live with them. I was taught this and managed to go for my first 35 years without being stung, and only because I stepped on a bee at the pool while chasing my then 3 y.o. kid across the grass.

If they're yellowjackets/wasps, fuck them, nuke with extreme prejudice. Don't behead the remains, chuck them into the home of first tree-hugger neighbor that complains about the explosion and fireball because fuck those guys too.

If you or anyone in your family has a severe bee sting reaction, disregard all of this and get the bees moved ASAP.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

This works great, quick and easy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Yeah I gotta figure out what they are. Thanks for the article Ice, that was helpful.

There’s no mounding around the opening and it looks like they took over a chipmunk or smaller hole.

I’ll load up for bear though just in case.
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah I gotta figure out what they are. Thanks for the article Ice, that was helpful.

There’s no mounding around the opening and it looks like they took over a chipmunk or smaller hole.

I’ll load up for bear though just in case.
    Take some pics, I'm sure we have more than a few professional dental entomologists in this joint.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Get a skunk. They love ground nesting bees.

I had two nests in vole holes out in my pastures. My horse got stung on the muzzle really bad so I knew I had to do something about it but what because those vole tunnels are long with multiple exits and in my part of the country burning is not an option.

While I considered my options over night a skunk came along and dug them both up tearing the combs apart and devouring the larva.

Mother nature at her best!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

start a fire in the hole and when it gets out of hand and burns thousands of acres that will be pretty exciting
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    start a fire in the hole and when it gets out of hand and burns thousands of acres that will be pretty exciting
    LOL!!! Someone actually recommended that to me when I mentioned to them about the nests I had an my horse getting stung. Yeah...no.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Get us some pictures.
    Last yellow jacket hive I had to finally dig up in the night and kill the queen with my shovel. I sprayed a ton of cans of spay in before it came to that. I had to dig out a large bush since the hive was deep under the root ball.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Get us some pictures.
    Last yellow jacket hive I had to finally dig up in the night and kill the queen with my shovel. I sprayed a ton of cans of spay in before it came to that. I had to dig out a large bush since the hive was deep under the root ball.
    Good luck!
    I will this evening. Unfortunately this sounds like my kind of situation - location wise

you can get that stuff which is a foam with insecticide, you spray it in the main hole the foam plugs up the hole and kills whatever is inside
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

A much easier non toxic solution is a $1 empty spray bottle, add 7 parts water (first) add one part pinesol/spic n span/orange floor cleaner/etc.
    Usually has about a 10 foot spray range, don’t have to worry about backspray getting on your clothes or breathing etc.

Drops paper wasps, flies, etc on contact.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you can get that stuff which is a foam with insecticide, you spray it in the main hole the foam plugs up the hole and kills whatever is inside
    like ORDead, I found the foam may take multiple applications

Alright, what are these fuckers?
    Name:  81347D11-F841-4BD1-AEB4-42464F261F2B.jpeg
Views: 441
Size:  48.7 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BFE57807-99AC-4A6D-AEA5-957D0854F380.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	479.2 KB 
ID:	288115

Sorry for the shitty I phone pics

Yellow jacket or hornet. I vote Exterminate

Not bees.

Kill them.

I vote for, Get a Skunk.

Back on the farm we kept a couple gallons of kerosene handy for these matters. Good for setting all sorts of things on fire.

Name:	1E10E8E2-BBD0-4D5C-BE11-F8A304F6DEAD.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	288116

When I was a kid we did kerosene down the hole and light a match. Not sure I'd do it as an adult for fear of contaminating groundwater but it sure was fun as a kid!

Get some wasp/hornet spray.

But if you go the pyro route diesel > gasoline

Looks like a hornet to me. The Amazon product linked to above should do the trick.

Can't really tell from the pic, but if it's not fuzzy, it's not a ground bee.

Nuke from orbit, behead the remains of the queen (if any)

Yellow jacket or wasp. Common in the south and nasty fuckers. Have run them over with bush hog or mower and they will attack.
    Use old Coleman fuel or gasoline and proceed to nuke. No hippy tree hugger is going to unfriend you on Nextdoor.
    Do it late at night or early morning. They will all be at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a honey badger is out then?

diesel and a match
    watch out for snakes

Alright, what are these fuckers?
    Name:  81347D11-F841-4BD1-AEB4-42464F261F2B.jpeg
Views: 441
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:	BFE57807-99AC-4A6D-AEA5-957D0854F380.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	479.2 KB 
ID:	288115

Sorry for the shitty I phone pics
    Yellow jackets.. Nuke the fuckers

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!