Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    No kidding

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You are 62? Why do you think your timing is relevant to someone who's mid-30s? It's not "results vary" it's "past performance is not indicative of future performance".

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You are 62? Why do you think your timing is relevant to someone who's mid-30s? It's not "results vary" it's "past performance is not indicative of future performance".
    If I was trying to make a life in big sky or Bozeman I'd listen to Bunion.. from what I've heard.. Harry too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

A couple things. Assuming it is PhishShow, he gets props from me for being his real self on here over the years. He acts a little AKPM, and some of us fling him some shit. Been that way for decades now.

Teachers, plumbers, waiters and retail managers are buying homes all over the intermountain west. Not in the most expensive zip codes, but it can be done.

If you are in your 30s and are categorizing your life as "throwing in the towel", I think you have bigger questions than where to live. I'm certainly not the best person to take advice from as I don't always have the best attitude, but life is what you make of it. Easier said than don't, but you gotta figure out what makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    The reality of marrying up is it costs a little bit of your soul pretty frequently. You will give up a little piece of yourself regularly in the compromise it takes to sustain that marriage. I know...
    JHC, youíre really doing it wrong.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    If I was trying to make a life in big sky or Bozeman I'd listen to Bunion
    but you aren't, are you?
    Last edited by dunfree ; 07-10-2019 at 09:29 PM.

plumber
    electrician

$$$$$ min show up fee

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Teachers, plumbers, waiters and retail managers are buying homes all over the intermountain west. Not in the most expensive zip codes, but it can be done.
    Where? For serious. I'd like to know.

Re: the OP-

I've never met the dude, but it seems that he f'd around in college and focused on skiing on his parents dime. If I remember correctly, he was one of the only CU kids good enough at skiing to hang with the core TGR Colorado croud back in the day. Not sure if he graduated but eventually he went back to NJ and his parents bailed him out with a job managing their carwash.

Lots of life experience later (GF left when she graduated nursing school, etc) and he made the existential choice to move back out west to find the happiness he left behind. This probably meant walking away from the family bankroll?? That's a big choice, and one that I'm sure wasn't made lightly.

From the sounds of it, he's been trying to work different angles in the real estate world and doing other stuff to get by.

Look dude, I don't know you but there is no reason for the alias. Lots of people on TGR know little bits about your story and it seems like you are well liked by people who know you in real life. Seems like the reputation from 10 years ago of being a kinda out of touch spoiled CU kid is long gone.

A lot of us on here were naive CU kids who had been sheltered from real life experience. I'm sure some of the shit I talked about and posted on here when I was 20 is cringe worthy.

Did you finish your degree? What's it in? Do you have a dream job? What is it? What parts of the work you've done do you enjoy the most?

Good luck, OP.

Where? For serious. I'd like to know.
    Really? Within my circle of friends and I don't have many...Granby, Fraser, Blue River Estates, Steamboat, Draper, Driggs, etc.

Oh yeah...people in glass houses and all that regarding what you wrote about WRG.

but you aren't, are you? you listen to the 60 year old crusty fucks where you work? TGR - pick an asshole talking their book, there's sure to be one telling you what you want to hear.
    I moved halfway way around the world in my thirties... to where I wanted to live.

I don't listen to the present 30 somethings about how they couldn't make it work away from their family jobs or lack of capital investment or over qualification for being an employee like the OP does.

Listening to the crusty fucks who made it work might be his answer?

Maybe asking the crusty fucks before he moved there and couldn't make it work might have helped?

I don't listen to the present 30 somethings about how they couldn't make it work away from their family jobs or lack of capital investment or over qualification for being an employee like the OP does.
    all the assholes selling mountain dreams need suckers like phishshow buying in; but then what's TGR without another mountain dream selection bias thread of dickswinging.

all the assholes selling mountain dreams need suckers like phishshow buying in.
    Weren't you a TGR web content exec?

Weren't you a TGR web content exec?
    That was dunfee. This is dunfree.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    On my 25th birthday I woke up, realized I was one missed paycheck from being evicted or not being able to feed my 3 year old as a single dad. Rode my bike to the local college, some of my racing buddies were in admissions and said just sign up, weíll juggle the paperwork until student loans can come through. School started in 2 days. Fast forward...4 years of college in 2 years by crushing myself. Then Med school, residency and now I can live wherever the fuck I want. I think it was worth the pain and expense but you need to take a hard look before signing up.

Has to be noted again. Mad props.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Fawn Leibowitz
    I saw what you did and it's worth quoting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    You are 30 years old and want to throw in the towel?

I didn't read anything else. Maybe Im taking that out of context.
    Yo Bobby, I'm with ya. To quote F. Scott Fitzgerald (loosely), "it's never too late to start again... I hope you have the courage to do so."

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    whatwouldrogdo
    Probably ski ice moguls worse than anyone on the planet ever and brag about it to the world. Then go ice surfing and brag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    "Bronco has the ass of Bangkok ladyboy."
    "Yeah, 10 years of living the ski town dream will do that to you."

OP, have you ever considered a move back to the EC? Specifically, Londonderry VT?
    One day all your talk about Londonderry is going to end up with a sea of Maggots descending upon Londonderry like abused and broken lemmings. And then what? Who will feed them their drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Just donít flail your arms when you throw the towel.

Yup, worth noting. #candide

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Cheers
    Cheers, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    That was dunfee. This is dunfree.
    "is it?"

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

"is it?"

Yeah, dunfee changed his alias to WaistDeepGroomers or something like that. I keep notes.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah, dunfee changed his alias to WaistDeepGroomers or something like that. I keep notes.
    Yeah he had to hide from the slednecks after that article. And dunfree may or maybe be cjf100079944887

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Yeah he had to hide from the slednecks after that article. And dunfree may or maybe be cjf100079944887
    Isn't he Hugh?

Isn't he Hugh?
    Who's Hugh?

But yeah. Maybe.

Seems to have been an open secret for at least a couple seasons now

Name:  towlie.png
Views: 228
Size:  122.5 KB
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Name:  towlie.png
Views: 228
Size:  122.5 KB
    That's jm2e or whatever his name is

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

My life would be shit ton better if she decided to divorce me in seattle where we put our careers together
    A dude just stabbed 3 people in downtown and then stripped buck naked and was running around. So don't be so sure.

Oh. And don't you dare bad mouth fast fred. He's what would happen if Yoda and Spicoli had a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    A dude just stabbed 3 people in downtown and then stripped buck naked and was running around. So don't be so sure.

Oh. And don't you dare bad mouth fast fred. He's what would happen if Yoda and Spicoli had a kid.
    I'm sure dbdude would have been smart enough not to elude Seattle's finest by running around naked.

It just doesn't matter
    Please just tell me you heard James' voice.

And then I'll be happy.
    I still call it The Jake.

I moved halfway way around the world in my thirties... to where I wanted to live.
    Be honest...you just moved here for the superior dental care.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That's jm2e or whatever his name is
    You're a towel!

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism