Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Storage sheds with RV parking out back. Profit.
    We looked into that, the problem is the price of raw real estate anywhere (and I mean anywhere) near JH. It didn’t pencil out.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Community collage
    Community collage...

Name:  collage.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  95.7 KB

ETA: Dammit... too late.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We looked into that, the problem is the price of raw real estate anywhere (and I mean anywhere) near JH. It didn’t pencil out.
    Lol. Us too. I spent years trying to figure out potential locations, created business plans, the works, and (had) decent capital to get the ball rolling. I looked into RV parks, storage, car washes, the works. Pretty much everything that everybody else has already thought of before me. Haha. The math just never did work out, and when the math and location DID look good, then I always discovered multiple reasons that certain tracts of land had been sitting on the market for years/decades without any development.

OP has abandoned the thread.

He threw in the towel. Pussy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    He threw in the towel. Pussy.
    That's the problem with the youth of today. No sticktoitiveness.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Lol. Us too. I spent years trying to figure out potential locations, created business plans, the works, and (had) decent capital to get the ball rolling. I looked into RV parks, storage, car washes, the works. Pretty much everything that everybody else has already thought of before me. Haha. The math just never did work out, and when the math and location DID look good, then I always discovered multiple reasons that certain tracts of land had been sitting on the market for years/decades without any development.
    Seriously. If they were ANY parcels big enough for that kind of operation, they would be worth many, many millions, as a housing development of some sort would go there. Or some other major commercial operation.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My biking gloves smelled really bad from 3 months of riding and no cleaning. Finally decided to throw in the towel and wash them last week after my hands started peeling from an apparent fungal infection.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    My biking gloves smelled really bad from 3 months of riding and no cleaning. Finally decided to throw in the towel and wash them last week after my hands started peeling from an apparent fungal infection.
    Fungali infection?

Probably deserves an alias?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Fungali infection?

Probably deserves an alias?

Mr. FunGuy ?
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

he was probably hoping for more of the touchy feely group hug responses instead he got tgr'd

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life . . .
    Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
    a heated kidney shaped pool,
    a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
    a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
    a kingsize Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
    a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
    real simulated Indian jewelry,
    a Gucci shoetree,
    a year's supply of antibiotics,
    a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
    and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
    a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
    Rosemary's baby,
    a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
    a new Matador,
    a new mastadon,
    a Maverick,
    a Mustang,
    a Montego,
    a Merc Montclair,
    a Mark IV,
    a meteor,
    a Mercedes,
    an MG,
    or a Malibu,
    a Mort Moriarty,
    a Maserati,
    a Mac truck,
    a Mazda,
    a new Monza,
    or a moped,
    a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
    or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
    a Las Vegas wedding,
    a Mexican divorce,
    a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
    or a baby's arm holding an apple?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
    But... I want a girl who gets up early
    I want a girl who stays up late
    I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

When did you "throw in the towel"?

You can never throw in the towel, because life never gets easier, only harder.

Soon you stop worrying about stupid shit and be faced with losing your parents, friends, and realize your own health isn’t exactly guaranteed.

Then you will realize every day above ground is a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Unless you're an old soul with a mysterious crush on Garrison Keillor.
    some 26 year old girl pretty much said that on her tinder profile so I swiped right

I had a McCulloch but run a Stihl now. The MCulloch was nails but Flowing is correct. This is Stihl country...and my buddy is the Stihl rep.

The 26K bid was real. Includes stain grade trim pack and doors, t&g ceilings plus it is a timber frame. The GC decided to paint it himself. I am just wrapping up the trim contract. It pays well. The homeowner is totally cool and not a penny pincher.

You can keep denying what well established tradesmen can make. Many homeowners jaws drop too. Plumbers can be in excess for $100/hr. T&M on smaller jobs. I know of a foundations just sitting because they can't find any framers. It is a very simple house and it pays $60K.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The 26K bid was real. Includes stain grade trim pack and doors, t&g ceilings plus it is a timber frame. The GC decided to paint it himself. I am just wrapping up the trim contract. It pays well. The homeowner is totally cool and not a penny pincher.

You can keep denying what well established tradesmen can make. Many homeowners jaws drop too. Plumbers can be in excess for $100/hr. T&M on smaller jobs. I know of a foundations just sitting because they can't find any framers. It is a very simple house and it pays $60K.
    I don't doubt high paid contractors. My bro in law does million dollar jobs for big retail outfits. When you give some background to the job the price changes. 26k for under 3k sq ft of sheetrock and normal house trim is too much. For what you're describing the price still seems high, but market pays what it pays. Btw I painted professionally for about a decade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I think it will be funny when it turns out that OP wasn't Whiteroom_Guardian and WRG shows up here like "What the fuck, guys? Tell me how you really feel."

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    some 26 year old girl pretty much said that on her tinder profile so I swiped right
    i prefer daddy issues

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I think it will be funny when it turns out that OP wasn't Whiteroom_Guardian and WRG shows up here like "What the fuck, guys? Tell me how you really feel."
    too funny, count me in the wrg camp

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    <snip> because life never gets easier, only harder.
    Agree to disagree?