Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Bad bolts or somebody got too happy with the impact wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    The original pic and the latest article stating the bolts were "sheared" don't really seem to hand in hand. Any dental engineers want to expound? If there was a rotational force on the upper half,sure. But the pic shows them stretched or pulled imo
    After mulling on this for awhile, I came to the conclusion that the original picture was taken sometime after an emergency partial repair. Someone climbed up there with that bucket and wrench and replaced the bolts that had sheared off with longer bolts, and just snugged them to try to keep the tower from going any farther. And then climbed back down until the powers could inspect the situation and decide on the proper solution.

The other thing is when the tower leaned it put hard stress areas on the opposite flange. The whole tower should be fluxed to see if there are any cracks not visable to the naked eye.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    A good report on the incident. They pulled the public CPTSB report.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/07/...-safety-board/
    from that report: "...a source briefed on the investigation told CBS4 of the 24 bolts in question, most of them had come loose."

They're lucky it wasn't a lot worse.

Only 74 people on the lift and it took all day to get them down. I'm sure Patrol was very short-staffed, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    from that report: "...a source briefed on the investigation told CBS4 of the 24 bolts in question, most of them had come loose."

They're lucky it wasn't a lot worse.

Only 74 people on the lift and it took all day to get them down. I'm sure Patrol was very short-staffed, but still.
    I heard a story of someone who HAD to poop, and couldn't hold it any longer. They ended up shitting into a jacket in front of everyone else in the cabin and throwing it out the window.

Shit happens, eh?