Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drugs

My favorite drug story of all time.

Name:  no-i-havent-seen-your-lsd.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  39.8 KB
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    “I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone!” Yeah, but he was so good in that number.

If you ask me it was criminal to cut out the drum solo in that.

Yeah the congas were rocking out right then. Drummer was Michael Shrieve, just 20 at the time, he's en fuego too.

Here, allow me to fix that. To keep it on topic, I was on some kind of psychedelic the first time I saw it. The killer drum solo starts around 3:05.

Holy shit.

Rented Hyundai.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Here, allow me to fix that. To keep it on topic, I was on some kind of psychedelic the first time I saw it. The killer drum solo starts around 3:05.
    I always thought Santana was a speed band. Not meth, pills were still legal back then.

Seems a fit for this thread
    https://www.twincities.com/2019/07/0...-tons-of-acid/
    Police found the 29-year-old in a parking lot on the city’s north side. Asked why he was running around naked, the man said “oh, that’s what all those drugs are for” and “what’s wrong with being a heroin addict?”

Police asked him what he’d taken and he responded “tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of acid.”

Since this turned into the LSD thread, here's the long form Leonard Pickard story. The odd and convoluted tale of the bust of a prolific LSD chemist and his lab, in a Kansas Atlas missile silo, that spurred the great acid dearth of the early 2000's. This is the only copy of the original Rolling Stone article I could find (maybe a NSFW,"drug" site?).

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads...ickard.509102/
    Last edited by bluespark; 07-07-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Good proof why the Women's world cup players should be paid less. Slower.
    Rapinoe, Lavalle et al don't give a shit about Benny. There are exactly zero athletic competitions where Benny could best a single member of that team. Shit, give any one of them a week of lessons and they'd be a better skier than back seat benny.

Albert Hoffman, the discoverer of LSD, lived to 103 and took LSD throughout his life continuing his research into his 90's .

A mag who was skiing here last year hooked me up. So nice to get reacquainted after 30+ years. Unfortunately his source dried up and I ran out. I would definitely do it again. Set & setting, so mellow. Yoga was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Rapinoe, Lavalle et al don't give a shit about Benny. There are exactly zero athletic competitions where Benny could best a single member of that team. Shit, give any one of them a week of lessons and they'd be a better skier than back seat benny.
    Well, sure, except for the skiing part. Doubt they partake. But that's not the point. The men would still kick their ass. On acid.

People don’t realize how important crushing one’s Ego is. LSD and shrooms will give you back the empathy and connection to life that is sadly missing for almost all of us. Psychedelic’s ain’t got no time for your stupid ego bullshit, best drug I’ve ever done is LSD.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I also had two friends never come back, latent schizophrenia in both of them, but in both cases it took a bunch of times dropping before the changes really kicked in so that it was obvious something was really wrong.
    It sounds like that’s more or less what happened with my dad.

Apparently also my wife's brother, but I never knew him before.

On my side of the family there's no schizophrenia, just typical Irish stuff, alcoholism and depression. We're simple people.

This reminds me of a time I gave some guy acid at an after-hours bar. It was around 4am. Five Points, Denver. 4 years ago. His niece wasn't ugly so figured what harm could 250 mic do for the guy. Lose track of Jose (I want to believe his name was Jose) around 5am. Next time I get in touch was him, it's 930am and our phone call lasted about 10 seconds long - just enough to fully understand that Jose was driving, eluding police for a healthy while, and had nearly hit a few parking meters. Next time I get in touch with Jose, it was 2 days later; apparently, nothing else bad happened that morning/day and he thanked me for the acid. I also want to remember it being his first time doing it. Could be wrong. Weird night.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Albert Hoffman, the discoverer of LSD, lived to 103 and took LSD throughout his life continuing his research into his 90's .
    Hoffman worked for Sandoz so LSD25 originaly came in a patent medicine box. I had a job at Canada public archives in 1975, there were 3 file boxes of the early clinical research on LSD from the 50's and 60's , I got to read original notes from researchers in Canada who had experimented/wrote the clinical notes and communicated with researchers in California which was all really interesting. Unfortunately all those records were past the holding date so all destined for destruction, I skimmed them and put everything thru the paper shredder ... kind of sad really
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

No microfiche???

This song always makes me laugh ,lived it with a good friend before I heard it.

Both tripped a number of times separately and together, but this time it was just never ending the Bob and Rob show was fun, but then after and way home
    she kept sarcastically saying

SURE GLAD WE DID THIS!

and I would agree and laugh hysterically.

sage & sound advice

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    No microfiche???
    there must have been micro fiche somewhere but this was the 70's so they were paper files held for a certain period stored in 1 cu foot boxes stacked 10 high on shelves in a big warehouse, if a govy department wanted a file they request it, a warehouse drone goes up a ladder to access the box and the truck driver delivers it the next day, it was all done by hand all written on slips of paper

all the paper was shredded after a certain amount of years which was my job, it was so boring they made it into a works project for the mentally handicapped shortly after i moved on, i did smoke a bit of dope on that job
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Interesting. Seems like there's a lot of valuable knowledge that's been destroyed in the name of placating D.C.'s irrational fear of substances*.

*shorthand for diabolical policy prescriptions founded in a desire to control segments of the population with a hint of irrational fear sprinkled in

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I also had two friends never come back, latent schizophrenia in both of them, but in both cases it took a bunch of times dropping before the changes really kicked in so that it was obvious something was really wrong.
    One of my cousins turned into a vegetable after taking acid. Really nice guy, good athlete, smart, friendly. No outward signs that he was predisposed to having mental problems. Ended up in an institution at age 22. I assume he’s still there. Really a shame.