SKI BOOT FITTING CONSPIRACY THEORIES

seems about right. Just dont tell Epic ski or Rax

http://forecastski.com/ski-boot-fitt...racy-theories/

The answer was of course these... but they were run out of the market by the bootfitters and racers, myself included. I'm now collecting and hoarding these in my basement to get me through until the end of days.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ahhh.... rear entry boots. The best there ever was.

I’ll add my own conspiracy theory.

Without very careful consideration and care, it’s a poor choice to purchase boots after ~January or so.

All you’re getting is leftovers and stuff the shop needs to get rid of. Usually leftover boots come with a very aggressive spiff for those who move them onto unsuspecting customers who don’t know any better. The (brand/model edited out) is an excellent example.

The first boot you try fits poorly. The second is the one they want to send you out the door with and the third is the worst fit of all.
    Last edited by skiing-in-jackson; 07-06-2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Deleted boot brand
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    The answer was of course these... but they were run out of the market by the bootfitters and racers, myself included.
    Rear entry is back next season . . .

“ The flat-Earth theory was developed by boot fitters as a means to make more money off of custom canting your unnecessary race boots”

Pretty accurate

In the Dentist thread a few months ago, a study/article/whatever mentioned the amount of unnecessary work performed by Dentists. Really it’s not just Dentists. In a previous life, I worked in a job where we would routinely refer to clients as an “open biller”. Attorneys, accountants, drs all fit this.

Either you’re honest or you’re not. It’s pretty simple.

Much as some get addicted to plastic surgery or go crazy mastering their golf swing, some people are addicted to boot work. They’re pretty easy to spot. Some guys prey on these types.

One more conspiracy: The boot bench was invented by people who are required to attend a ski trip and don’t want to ski.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

So it’s kind of a circle of life scenario. Dentists overcharge for unnecessary work and get charged for unnecessary boot work. I’m pretty ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The answer was of course these... but they were run out of the market by the bootfitters and racers, myself included. I'm now collecting and hoarding these in my basement to get me through until the end of days.
    How about a redux for the ski touring folk?

Name:  Hoji-om-nye-Hoji-Free_crop_1280.jpg
Views: 1656
Size:  85.3 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

A good friend, who absolutely refused to ski in anything except the red Salomon SX 91's(?) was buried wearing them.

Only thing I have noticed about a boot conspiracy is when you buy new boots the fitter asks what boots you currently have and then declare those boots were not the right shape for your foot.

SKI BOOT FITTING CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Only thing I have noticed about a boot conspiracy is when you buy new boots the fitter asks what boots you currently have and then declare those boots were not the right shape for your foot.
    BF: What boots do you currently own?
    Me: um... Salomon ... those blue ones from 3-4 years ago...
    BF: Ya, that’s not really suited for your foot type, you should really be in something like this Lange.
    Me: Oh now I remember, I have a 2015 Lange RS 130 with a the 97 mm last, with a slight punch on my right foot on the medial side of my med heads. My left foot is a little shorter at 273 on the brannock.
    BF: Ok then. (I guess I can’t pretend I know more than this customer)

I had a pair of them SX 92's I got really cheap for like 150$ on a closeout table, I seem to remember them being OK, especialy after putting a set of the earliest pwrwraps in them, for the SX 92 app we left the seperate back piece of liner in the boot

I was going out with a ski instructor at the time, she looked at the SX 92's and said " so you like them greek ski boots eh ? "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

TL/DR all that carefully. Hilarious.. Did they also have an answer to the phenomenon of red being faster?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Is the author a well known maggot?

In a few years a guy could drive to Prince George, stop in at the new plastics factory and pick up a few bucket loads of pellets. Make yer own ski boot shells.

https://www.cfnrfm.ca/2019/07/24/5-6...prince-george/

Master of mediocrity.