Upside Down Stranger Things Thread

I tried searching and found nothing. Surely there must be a Stranger Things thread around here. Please bump it and I will delete this one. Season 3 is up on NetFlix tomorrow right?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I saw some interview with the cast in the NYT. The kids aren't really kids anymore. Seems like they'll either need to start shifting the tone of the show or introduce new characters. Otherwise season 4 is just gonna be a bunch of 20 somethings getting up to spooky hijinks.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I saw some interview with the cast in the NYT. The kids aren't really kids anymore. Seems like they'll either need to start shifting the tone of the show or introduce new characters. Otherwise season 4 is just gonna be a bunch of 20 somethings getting up to spooky hijinks.
    Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I tried searching and found nothing. Surely there must be a Stranger Things thread around here. Please bump it and I will delete this one. Season 3 is up on NetFlix tomorrow right?
    strangely enough, I can't remember there being a thread for this show either

It's certainly been mentioned in several more general threads, but not as a stand alone.

I lost interest during the second season, so .... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I lost interest during the second season, so .... meh.
    Apparently, so did everybody else

Just finished season 3. It's enjoyable for what it is, nostalgic, campy, fun, thriller. It's adult Scooby-Doo set in the 80's with teenagers. It's not the powerhouse it was in the first season, sure, but it's fun.

And if you can't laugh your ass off during the song in the last episode, you have no soul.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I've stopped trying to understand it and go with it. I take it for what it is...one of the few shows I can watch with the wife.

Looks like they left open the possibility for Hopper to return in season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Just finished season 3. It's enjoyable for what it is, nostalgic, campy, fun, thriller. It's adult Scooby-Doo set in the 80's with teenagers. It's not the powerhouse it was in the first season, sure, but it's fun.

And if you can't laugh your ass off during the song in the last episode, you have no soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I've stopped trying to understand it and go with it. I take it for what it is...one of the few shows I can watch with the wife.
    Reminds me of the Nightmare on Elm Street series. The first movie had some hard rules that the plot and characters followed that seemed reasonable for a horror flick.. He had to get you in your sleep. After the first movie more and more of the rules no longer applied so it kind of fell apart..

I crapped out a couple episodes into season 2, but sat down and watched the end of season 2 and all of season 3 in just a couple of days.

I don't take these show too seriously, and just went along for the ride. Thought it was pretty good. Interested to see what they do for season 4.

I’m done, don’t give a fuck about any of these characters. So cheesy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

The show is moving from the innocence of childhood into the confusion of adolescence. The call back to the 80’s is corny indeed. I wish there were mor blatant movie ripoffs though. I could have done without the Never Ending Story shit at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    The show is moving from the innocence of childhood into the confusion of adolescence. The call back to the 80’s is corny indeed. I wish there were mor blatant movie ripoffs though. I could have done without the Never Ending Story shit at the end.

I kept waiting for Mayor Kline to say "As you wish".. Did he?

Don’t know why, but I’m having a tough time watching season 3. I’ve managed to get through 2.5 episodes so far. Does it get better?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Don’t know why, but I’m having a tough time watching season 3. I’ve managed to get through 2.5 episodes so far. Does it get better?
    Took us several days. The characters are acting like they didn't just experience any of the other shit in seasons 1 and 2. Well, not totally, but really they'd be saying here we go again sooner rather than later..

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Nope