Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doing it, even though I had a 16 hour travel day July 1st. Got home early enough to snag a quicky at the town bike park, rest of my rides will be more legit.

Seems like the coolest internet contest in a while, and a great way to help them generate more accurate heat maps.

Like half of mine will be two hour coaching sessions where I'm riding pump track and city trails with 6-11 year olds, but luckily somebody in town went ahead and put all the bike paths and urban singletrack in there so it should count haha!

Thunderstorms all over today, and it didn't seem like a good idea to go do that mtb ride I had planned across town where the lightning and rain have looked worse. Thankfully a 30min ride up and down the path counts, even though I feel sort of bad about it.

I got in a nice ride afterwork and hit a new trail i hadn't rode since a kid... just for that this challenge was worth it!

Had a hiccup that I hadn't actually 'joined' the contest to start, but joined later in the day and then it counted the ride. Almost forgot to hit record both days so far too. But I have a couple short paths and trails near home that I could record a 5 min ride as a last resort or whatever. Ride almost everyday so just going to ride like 2 or 3 more days than I would have otherwise.

Weird, did a ride yesterday, definitely on trails in the app but didn’t get credit for it. Sent a message to see why. Today’s showed up fine.

Update, if you don’t ride at least 50% of a trail, the system doesn’t automatically credit it to you, I was avoiding areas I knew would be wet by jumping around. They fixed it for me so I have my three badges and will just make sure I try to stay on a trail for long enough to qualify. Not an issue if I was riding some areas where there are lots of little interconnected trails, but most of ours are pretty long.
    Last edited by eldereldo; 07-03-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Completed ride #3 today, in the thunder and rain so it was short! All my badges have shown up but you have to sync the ride for it to show up i've found

I've done every day and only the first one has actually showed up...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    Had a hiccup that I hadn't actually 'joined' the contest to start, but joined later in the day and then it counted the ride. Almost forgot to hit record both days so far too. But I have a couple short paths and trails near home that I could record a 5 min ride as a last resort or whatever. Ride almost everyday so just going to ride like 2 or 3 more days than I would have otherwise.
    I commute every day. Valley trails are all marked so super easy if i can remember to click record

My ride this morning registered but for some reason didn't get the medal for day 5.... i did ride full trails so not too sure what thats about... sent them an email about it

had every intention, but biblical rain and respect for trail fairies negated yesterday
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    had every intention, but biblical rain and respect for trail fairies negated yesterday
    No paved or gravel pathways you can do? That is what I am having to do the last couple of days since it has been pouring down. So I just ride longer and faster to still get a work out, and not feel guilty for not being on a ‘real’ trail.

None y'all gon win dat bike.

And trailforks got yo dick pics.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Well that's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    That'll be really convenient when the other apps it syncs with expands to include Tinder/Grindr.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    No paved or gravel pathways you can do? That is what I am having to do the last couple of days since it has been pouring down. So I just ride longer and faster to still get a work out, and not feel guilty for not being on a ‘real’ trail.
    probably, the new adaptive trail in Fernie is graveled but still soft and i didn't want to risk it, funny thing is i did a trail run race in the rain that probably could have logged in but felt that would be cheating
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Well that's nothing new.
    You can add pictures to trails on that app right?

I need to goatse some of the stuff that shouldn't be on there.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Finally stopped raining long enough to get back on ‘real’ trails. Forgot just how much fun it is to ride wet, muddy roots, probably going in the direction I want to only 25% of the time.

I'm not partaking in this challenge, but this afternoon I went for a ride and had my MTB Project jersey on (they sent me one for submitting a bunch of my pictures)... about halfway into my ride I passed a group of three guys, and one of them yells "make sure you ride all 30 days!" Kind of random.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm not partaking in this challenge, but this afternoon I went for a ride and had my MTB Project jersey on (they sent me one for submitting a bunch of my pictures)... about halfway into my ride I passed a group of three guys, and one of them yells "make sure you ride all 30 days!" Kind of random.
    haha that is random.... every time i see a guy on my local trails i'm always wondering "is this SOB going to beat me out" haha....

First week done, who else is still in it? On the app I noticed it gives the number of daily badges. Went from like 9k on day 1 to 3k yesterday. Which still doesn't mean all those people on day 6 did all the previous ones. Wonder how many will make it all the way.. 500, 1000?

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    First week done, who else is still in it. On the app I noticed it gives the number of daily badges. Went from like 9k on day 1 to 3k yesterday. Which still doesn't mean all those people on day 6 did all the previous ones. Wonder how many will make it all the way.. 500, 1000?
    I'm still going strong! The way i read the website (not app) is that they have given out 2446 Day 7 30 Day Streak medals. The drop off is lower and lower as the week has gone.

I say it will be over 1k in the end, a lot of guys who commute have an advantage i think.

Here is the website link to the data;
    https://www.trailforks.com/contests/returntoearth/

I'm still in. I'm kinda surprised at the drop off already.

I am still in, although today I did a shorter ride today with less climbing to try to let my legs have a recovery day. Currently at 105km and 3700 m climbing. There are some big numbers out there, but the highest ones seem to include a lot of lift assisted. Last few days the drop out rate seems to have steadied at around 100 a day. I suspect that will climb again as time goes on, and people’s enthusiasm, and endurance flags. Pretty sure this is the most days in a row I have ever ridden and I can definitely feel it in the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I am still in, although today I did a shorter ride today with less climbing to try to let my legs have a recovery day. Currently at 105km and 3700 m climbing. There are some big numbers out there, but the highest ones seem to include a lot of lift assisted. Last few days the drop out rate seems to have steadied at around 100 a day. I suspect that will climb again as time goes on, and people’s enthusiasm, and endurance flags. Pretty sure this is the most days in a row I have ever ridden and I can definitely feel it on the legs.
    Yep there are some insane numbers out there, but like you said a lot of lift assisted. i can only manage shorter rides as i'm hitting what i can close to home (plus one of my rides never recorded and had to run back out and hit a quick 2km again).

My issue will be my 10 day vacation, i know its gonna be tough to get all my rides in

Barely made it today. Tried to go on a gravel ride with a friend, and doing the whole thing would have included a "trail." But t-storms turned us back and we would have been in a pretty unpleasant situation if a guy hadn't stopped and offered a ride. Best I could do was to go ride a short section of path once things calmed down.