Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Return to Earth Trailforks challenge

Just wondering if anyone is gonna try to do this? I've signed up and so far so good! haha.... gonna be tough after some work days for sure but i think its a good piece of motivation.

Gonna be on vaca for 10 days during but luckily will be in good biking areas (Revy, Invermere and Whitefish) so will hopefully be able to keep it going.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/enter-...challenge.html

I signed up, but already know that a couple travel days will make it pretty much impossible to ride. Cool contest though - a lot better than some bullshit about like the post, write three comments, tag 87 friends, and jerk off the company dog.

30 straight days of riding is pretty much a non-starter for me, but this is definitely cooler than your average web contest.

I'd love to, but 11 hrs of every day are sucked up in work and commuting for me, plus the closest trails mapped on Trailforks are 30min away, so there's no fuckin' way.

Remember, it's not just ride every day, it's log a ride to trailforks and ride on a trailforks trail every day. I have mine linked to strava but it only sends rides on my mtb. Might have to add the cx bike as well as a couple of things to trailforks like the nearby bike path. Then a 20min spin up it would "count."

Also a "road" trail on trailforks should count, right?

The way I understand it is as long as it’s mapped on trail forks it counts. I also didn’t see any required minimum time or length for it to count

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And yes I agree I think it’s a cool contest that actually has some good benefit to people even if you don’t win but ride for 30 straight days that’s a plus ( although my knees will hate me)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great advance notice trailforks.

Ready......NOW
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Ready......NOW
    They posted that a week ago. I know you don't need that much advance notice to go ride your bike. Unless you're broken again?

I was thinking about maybe doing it but am already out on day 1. Spent yesterday and today riding trails that aren't ready to be on TF yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    They posted that a week ago.

But I just saw it today so it doesn't count. Trailforks is wrong and you have bad morals for defending them!

so this is an app or something? They have access to my dick pics?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I have a mapped trail on my way to and from work erry'day but ill never remember to hit record.

But I just saw it today so it doesn't count. Trailforks is wrong and you have bad morals for defending them!

Yes, yes they do.... I've heard a rumour if you post dick pics on the app while on a trail you get double points, sounds legit to me

Ready......NOW
    I'm usually the first to complain about blatant advertising but I didn't hear about this until now, seeing this thread, and I've had trailforks open on my browser pretty much constantly for the last couple weeks. Maybe it's more obvious on the app?

i only saw it advertised on Pinkbike a couple of weeks ago so i went looking for it on the trailforks website (not app).

You can post a dick pic to trailforks every day in lieu of riding

I'm in!

I bike to work everyday, and part of my commute has a Trailforks segment. Should be doable.

Well shit. 25 minutes to put pants back on, get the bike out of the garage, and go hit the single track a couple blocks from my house. If I knew where my headlamp was I’d be a little more serious, maybe. But if I find it in 5 minutes of looking I’ll be shocked.

And I’d have to put pants on.

Next time.
    focus.

Return to Earth Trailforks challenge

I’ve never looked at trailforks before. One of the non-legal excellent trail systems in my areas is in it... the others, one of which hosts an enduro race, are not shown.... how are these trails created added to the database?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’ve never looked at trailforks before. One of the non-legal excellent trail systems in my areas is in it... the others, one of which hosts an enduro race, are not shown.... how are these trails created added to the database?
    You can submit a trail to Trailforks via site and app

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    You can submit a trail to Trailforks via site and app
    Thanks. Can one also have trails removed? I'm not that ambitious, but concerned.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Thanks. Can one also have trails removed? I'm not that ambitious, but concerned.

If you contact the admins, they should be able to help. A friend was able to get some sensitive trails hidden with a single email, I believe.

Some tips for people doing this, who have hopefully made it through day 1:

Make sure your rides are going to trailforks and that trails are being listed on them. It's good to keep your phone and the trailforks app handy while you're riding, so that you can be sure that you actually cover a "trail"

It appears purple roads on the map count as trails, as do things like paths and whatever, as well as riding stuff backward. I'm not sure about the greyed out "secondary connector trails." But you have to do the whole thing as it is in trailforks, just like a strava segment. I had a couple today that I thought I had ridden, but then they didn't show up.

Also I uploaded 3 trails today. Two are just paths around me and one is a section of dirt road, but it means that all I have to do is go out for like 20 min to ride up it and that counts for the day. Trailforks so far has not retroactively given me credit for riding the trail that I later created (and it is already approved and on there). But if there is some sort of a multi use path near you that isn't on there, might be a good idea to go record a track and add it for easy ride credit.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    If you contact the admins, they should be able to help. A friend was able to get some sensitive trails hidden with a single email, I believe.
    Thx

Signed up a couple of weeks ago, so of course it started raining immediately after, rain and showers are predicted for the foreseeable future. Going to end up riding old well access roads at some point since the trails are likely to be way to wet. Although miraculously it was sunny and dry(ish) for yesterday. It will be a miracle if I actually manage to ride all 30 days, but what the hell, Maybe it will motivate me to get out on the days I would normally wuss out because I am sore or to ‘tired’.