Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Still in it. Has definitely leveled out, only losing like 30 people a day now, looks like close to 2k will finish it. On that note a little strange that I recall seeing 9k something day 1 badges but it only says 4500.

I felt a little bad about riding the same paved path a few times but then looked at the leaderboard more closely. There's a guy on there that's only ridden 34 miles this month. Like look at this "ride:"

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/7259733/
    Thats brutal... i feel there is a lot of that going on. He obviously rode on the road and it happens to GPS ping 50% of whatever that trail is...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Thats brutal... i feel there is a lot of that going on. He obviously rode on the road and it happens to GPS ping 50% of whatever that trail is...
    Yeh, at times looking at some rides I go, what the hell? One chairlift lap of a blue trail, and that counts? But then it is supposed to be about just getting out, and on your bike, or else they would have put some sort of mileage/vertical minimum on it. For which I am thankful or the day I broke a derailleur and ended up with 50m of vertical and a 2.5 k ride would have been a disqualifier .

My issue was more that he went 265ft at 3mph. Walking speed for one minute. Kind of questionable that it was even on a bike and there are a lot of days like that.

But hey if it gives you a badge for the day that's good enough.

Aaaand I'm out. As expected, did some traveling and missed a day (soon to be 2 days).

Still rode 30-ish days in a row, so accomplished my ill-defined personal goal.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Aaaand I'm out. As expected, did some traveling and missed a day (soon to be 2 days).

Still rode 30-ish days in a row, so accomplished my ill-defined personal goal.
    good work! Ultimately that's all that matters....riding bikes more then you would have. I'm still going even after a 10 hour travel day today... got a quick ride in and it's not great on paper but again there is no way i would have if i wasn't being pushed

Looking forward to taking a few days off from riding. I can do a pretty easy ride that counts but I'm a little overdue for an actual rest week and keep going on long rides for some reason.

Yeh, I have been keeping the rides below 15k and 500m climbing to keep going, kind of looking forward to a few days off, then going and doing some of the trails that aren’t reachable in that distance. Even started taking out the old XC bike to make the climbs easier, although my hands end up numb on the downhills.

Knock on wood, I'm gonna make it. Pretty ready to go back to normal life where I don't bother Strava-ing every ride. But am interested to do a bit of analysis at the end and figure out how much more I rode in July than I usually would have. I think right now it's about ten extra miles.

So far I've sacrificed:
    One GX Eagle derailer
    Two rear tires
    One set of brake pads

And Strava says I've ridden 344.3 miles this month. I think I've had bigger months in the past, but they all included big bikepacking trips with lots of gravel riding.

Pretty cool challenge!

Woah last day. I had been thinking it's tomorrow, because July, but no it's 1st-30th. Wonder where I should go?

Done. Except I am going to ride tomorrow cause it should really be everyday in July.

oh yah..... i just realized this is last day. damn i was 5k short of what i wanted and i was gonna do that tomorrow!

But overall i'm really happy i did it. Was not easy, had many moments where it would have been easier to sit on the couch especially over my vacation but i went on a bunch of cool trails, biked 2 provinces and 1 state and went to a bunch of places i would have never gone.

No one's told me I won anything yet but they did make some new leaderboards, including a "shortest distance" one

https://www.trailforks.com/contests/returntoearth/

Yep i have heard nothing yet... man it would be something if one of those "lowest totals" won.... I didn't crush a ton of miles by any stretch and had some lame days but you look at some people and it is obvious they are screwing with it.

Well no day 31. Ended up having to work all day, now it’s thundering, and since I don’t have to go out, I’m not going to.

Yep i have heard nothing yet... man it would be something if one of those "lowest totals" won.... I didn't crush a ton of miles by any stretch and had some lame days but you look at some people and it is obvious they are screwing with it.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

63.5 hours, 399.4 miles, 95.5k of vert gained. 6 days of that was bike park though so the vert is slightly inflated. probably another 5 or more days where I couldn't use strava. missed 2 days, got really sick and my back locked up on me all at the same time. All of that in the PNW. July kicked ass, time to go back to Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    63.5 hours, 399.4 miles, 95.5k of vert gained. 6 days of that was bike park though so the vert is slightly inflated. probably another 5 or more days where I couldn't use strava. missed 2 days, got really sick and my back locked up on me all at the same time. All of that in the PNW. July kicked ass, time to go back to Utah.
    Nice. You got me in all categories. I ended up with around 42 hours, 331 miles, 87k vert. A few short days of lift served, and a couple longer shuttle days peppered in there that skew the totals. Missed 2 days while traveling so I didn't officially finish the challenge. Probably had 4-5 days where I kinda phoned it in and did short, bullshitty rides. But it was a good time, and a good challenge. Hopefully they do more stuff like this in the future.

Well looks like they awarded the bike.... i'm assuming no one here? Any day prize winners here? I actually wanted that back pack, maybe i'll be able to grab one as i assume a lot of guys will be selling that stuff

Not me.

Good call! Subscribe!