Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I am trying to get out first thing in the morning to avoid the afternoon thunder storms, so I get to enjoy the soaked over night trails and early mosquitoes. Nice thing is there is no one else out there.

Well today’s ride was a short one, dropped the chain and snapped the derailleur hanger off 15 minutes in. Luckily I a had ridden one short trail as a connector and it got counted, so made my badge. Otherwise it would have been a 1/2 drive home to get a different bike, then another 1/2 hour back to where there are trails that are in the app. I may need a new bike by the end of this, whether I win one or not.

The paint job on that trek is pretty sick imho.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    The paint job on that trek is pretty sick imho.
    I saw it in person at the premier, not my style but I think I could look past it if I win haha

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I saw it in person at the premier, not my style but I think I could look past it if I win haha
    Nah, you’ll wince every time you go out on it and someone says ‘nice bling man’.. you should skip the next day so you don’t risk it.

Still in it.

The rate of attrition is pretty impressive so far. Any guesses as to what the final number who made it all month will be?

I've been playing it really safe, with a backup ride available at the bike park down the street from my house, just in case I run into a glitch on a bigger ride. Starting next week though I get to count kid coaching days toward it, which should make things a little easier.

Also still in it, but some travelling at the end of the month means I'm almost certainly going to miss a day. But whatever. Still kinda nice to have a minor incentive to try to ride every day.

absolutely cooked it yesterday and forgot to record. Damn.

Still going as well. Much easier on the weekends for sure but i also like the extra motivation to ride everyday. I've never been on my bike 12 days in a row so i'm pretty happy with that.

Also i think the end total will be about 1600-1800.

Finished up the weekend and still going! Heading out next week for vaca tho. Any locals or anyone have info on Revy trails to hit up? obviously there are a ton of them but just looking for some local knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Finished up the weekend and still going! Heading out next week for vaca tho. Any locals or anyone have info on Revy trails to hit up? obviously there are a ton of them but just looking for some local knowledge
    I did a day there earlier this year. Macpherson is more pedally and has fun, mellower trails. TNT was the trail I enjoyed there the most. I also rode Boulder, which is quite a bit rowdier. Redneck’s Revenge to Cash Advanced was awesome if you’re looking for something full-on. I didn’t hit any of the alpine rides since it was snowy, but there are a few.

I often find that looking up old enduro race routes is a good way to find some good loops in a new riding area.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I did a day there earlier this year. Macpherson is more pedally and has fun, mellower trails. TNT was the trail I enjoyed there the most. I also rode Boulder, which is quite a bit rowdier. Redneck’s Revenge to Cash Advanced was awesome if you’re looking for something full-on. I didn’t hit any of the alpine rides since it was snowy, but there are a few.

I often find that looking up old enduro race routes is a good way to find some good loops in a new riding area.
    Awesome, thanks for that! i'll have to check them out.

Today’s ride almost wasn’t. Stopped and check my phone about half way through and discovered that my GPS must have had a breakdown, after just over an hour of riding, it had me at 35km and over 1000m of vertical, as well placed about 5k from my actual location. Had to restart the phone and a new ride, luckily we hadn’t made it to the trail we were aiming for, so it got that registered and gave me a badge.
    Last edited by eldereldo; 07-16-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Halfway, still in it. Not super proud of riding the same paved path the last two days but hey it still counts.

Still in it but yesterday was a struggle.... was pulling the camper all day, got setup and after all of that really had no motivation but I loaded the bike and just hit a local path that was actually pretty nice, not great riding but got on my bike which I guess is the point to all of this....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

July has been pretty OK for bikes, haven't had an off day since june 28th. Shortest ride was 6.5 miles and 1300 feet of vert. My ass is getting a little grumpy about all the chamois time.

I should have added my at home trail to Trail Forks.... I'd be in it... got a few badges though, a nice fake attaboy.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Had to head to Creston to visit my Mom, no trails in Canada within an hour, and can’t take that much time to go for a ride, so been going down to ride a little loop in Idaho. Shows as green in the app so I had little hope of it being anything but a flat double track. But it turned out to be a nice single track with a bunch of rock features and very flowy. Good thing as it looks like I am riding for a few more days.

Still in it. Has definitely leveled out, only losing like 30 people a day now, looks like close to 2k will finish it. On that note a little strange that I recall seeing 9k something day 1 badges but it only says 4500.

I felt a little bad about riding the same paved path a few times but then looked at the leaderboard more closely. There's a guy on there that's only ridden 34 miles this month. Like look at this "ride:"

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/7259733/

Still in it. I've definitely been guilty of a few one mile rides at the local bike park, but I think I made up for that yesterday with a huge, stupid, bushwhack filled adventure ride.

Still in it. A couple GPS fuck ups over the weekend had me thinking it wouldn't register, but it still gave it to me. Had some bullshitty short rides last week, but made up for it with some long days this weekend.

Yep I’m still going as well. Had a decent wipe out today but should be good for the remainder. I’ve actually added a couple of scars from this last month, haha.

Has anyone won any day prizes?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They only draw the day prizes twice, once on the 15th is then at the end, I guess they only contacted the winners as I haven’t seen any list of who was drawn. Probably to keep people from complaining that some guy who rode a 150m trail 1 day, won something.

Still going, bike will need a complete overhaul by the end though, probably rode more this month than any of the last dozen years, so parts that have been slowly wearing are getting an excelerated beating, especially since it seems to only have been dry for a couple of days.

I'm still going as well! Have had some cheesy rides for sure but while on vacation i think thats allowed. Did a nice day on Whitefish which was a blast!

I agree my bike will need some good maintenance after this as well and i think i've added at least 3 scars to my body....haha

Have had 3 short rides on days I was busy/tired but still a fun 15-20 minute loop on real trails. There's a 25m section of path up my street marked on trailforks but I refuse to use that haha.

Phone has messed up lots of times but still recorded parts of my rides to stay in it. Seems to just stop recording randomly. If the contest was to actually try to rack up distances, vertical, number of trails or something then I'd be screwed.