Can I extend my '16 Pike to 150mm?

Have a 2016 Pike RCT3 with sag markings for 130 and 140 mm. Running it at 140 now. Is there any reason I can't just get a 150 mm air shaft and extend that thing a little? Figured for $20 it'd be worth a try versus dropping $500 on a new fork just to gain 10 mm of travel.

Y'all know these things, so I'm asking
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Yes, all pikes are convertible to any travel. I believe 120-160 on all 29 and 27.5 models. you won't get the correct sag meter readings, and you'll want to reference a token chart to make sure you keep the same characteristics but go for it.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Yup. It's an easy swap. Anyone with a moderate amount of bike mechanicing abilities should be able to do it in 20-30 minutes.

Word! So pumped. Have swapped between 130-140 before but wasn't sure if the uppers would support extending further. Psyched!!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

good to know. gonna do the same. thx for posting info!

Just tossing this in here, but if you're going to change the air spring you should upgrade to the debonair kit. I'm not even sure if the standard one is still available, but I just did the debonair upgrade and small bump sensitivity is MUCH better.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Just tossing this in here, but if you're going to change the air spring you should upgrade to the debonair kit. I'm not even sure if the standard one is still available, but I just did the debonair upgrade and small bump sensitivity is MUCH better.

Seth
    100% agree, did it to my Lyrik this April and its a noticeable improvement

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post

Seth
    I looked into it... I had added a Vorsprung Luftkappe last year and folks were going back and forth about which was a better upgrade, but given how similar they seem it didn't seem worth investing in the Debonair kit.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    I looked into it... I had added a Vorsprung Luftkappe last year and folks were going back and forth about which was a better upgrade, but given how similar they seem it didn't seem worth investing in the Debonair kit.
    The Debonair kit is the airspring. You get the 150mm version to get 150mm of travel. Are you talking about the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The Debonair kit is the airspring. You get the 150mm version to get 150mm of travel. Are you talking about the rear?
    They released new airsprings with larger negative chambers (debonair) for the forks last year, anything 2018 forward has them I think, so any airspring you get now should have the debonair.

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    They released new airsprings with larger negative chambers (debonair) for the forks last year, anything 2018 forward has them I think, so any airspring you get now should have the debonair.
    That's a much clearer way to say it, thanks!