Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Thanks for all the input. We are going a different direction. I have concerns about all that is mentioned as well as breaking into the business community as a non-morman. Going back to the Spokane CDA area.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    welcome

So, I found out today that Popeyes permanently closed. Which pissed me off as I have to go tomorrow.
    But then I stumbled across this place, amazing menu.
    I will try it.
    http://www.aruguladeli.com/lunch-menu.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Thanks for all the input. We are going a different direction. I have concerns about all that is mentioned as well as breaking into the business community as a non-morman. Going back to the Spokane CDA area.

Good luck and best Cdubmpdx! I will say that I worked in sales for 7 years in Pocatello as a non-mormon and it was never an issue. Although I had also lived and interacted with Mormons for quite a few years before that endeavor, don't think it would have made a huge difference though. I think the bigger hurdle may have been for you to adapt to the dry/dusty desert environment and conservatism in general (not just among the LDS).

edit to add: But to counter that, such short striking distance to the Tetons, Frank Church, Yellowstone, Glacier, etc. is hard to beat
    I had no idea how lucky I had it as a kid
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 07-18-2019 at 05:58 PM.

[QUOTE=3PinGrin;5715948I had no idea how lucky I had it as a kid[/QUOTE]
    I agree! Growing up there and learning how to speak Mormon certainly helps one navigate business and social situations there.
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I found out today that Popeyes permanently closed. Which pissed me off as I have to go tomorrow.
    But then I stumbled across this place, amazing menu.
    I will try it.
    http://www.aruguladeli.com/lunch-menu.html
    It's not terrible, in the old school building, kinda funky space.

Ha! Interesting. I grew up south of CDA, live in Driggs now. Been a fun thought experiment on whether I'd rather live in Spokane or IF.

Personally, I think the Mo aspect has been played up a bit in this thread. Yeah, it can be a bit of a culture shock, but you get used to it pretty quickly, and all-in-all it's not that overwhelming. Sure, I've heard the horror stories, my old boss couldn't get work because he wasn't mo, and his kid was the first non-mo homecoming queen, but that stuff has changed a lot in the last 20 years. Especially in IF where there's a big recreational and INL population who generally aren't as religious. And now with stuff like the NICA programs and all the other youth stuff, there's a lot of rec opportunities outside of school, where the Mormons are often a minority.

Have fun up North!

You couldn't pay me to live in Spokane but I could make it work in Sandpoint...

I agree with Cy, in that both places have their quirks. I’m not sure Spokane is amazing, but it’s surely much bigger.

It’s also undergoing a bit of gentrification/ cleanup from the homeless druggy plague as I understand.

Close proximity to the magic of BC, that’s my takeaway.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I agree with Cy, in that both places have their quirks. I’m not sure Spokane is amazing, but it’s surely much bigger.

It’s also undergoing a bit of gentrification/ cleanup from the homeless druggy plague as I understand.

Close proximity to the magic of BC, that’s my takeaway.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Ha! Interesting. I grew up south of CDA, live in Driggs now. Been a fun thought experiment on whether I'd rather live in Spokane or IF.

Personally, I think the Mo aspect has been played up a bit in this thread. Yeah, it can be a bit of a culture shock, but you get used to it pretty quickly, and all-in-all it's not that overwhelming. Sure, I've heard the horror stories, my old boss couldn't get work because he wasn't mo, and his kid was the first non-mo homecoming queen, but that stuff has changed a lot in the last 20 years. Especially in IF where there's a big recreational and INL population who generally aren't as religious. And now with stuff like the NICA programs and all the other youth stuff, there's a lot of rec opportunities outside of school, where the Mormons are often a minority.

Have fun up North!

You couldn't pay me to live in Spokane but I could make it work in Sandpoint...
    Agreed. I never thought I would have moved back here. Never ever. Then I had a baby. The decision away from Idaho falls wasn't just due to this thread. It was a combination. I have a big family and they are all in the Kane. Came down to support and convenience. I still think Idaho falls sounds rad, and if I didn't have a 15 month old I would take the chance in a heartbeat. Wish the opportunity would have arose 3 years ago when supporting a family wasn't the main concern.

Again, all the input is valid. I would never have considered this an option, but I have a great network of friends and family and there is enough to do in terms of winter and summer gravity sports and close lakes to keep my occupied.

The homeless here is nothing compared to the trash going on in Portland, not to mention the lack of leadership the city provides to stop the antifa/proudboys riots every week.