Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if its more the sourcing of the food than what the individual ingredient is. So much of our food chain is overly fucked with now.
    I strongly suspect this is the case: many anecdotal reports of a commercial dog food causing problems that were resolved simply by switching to a bag of the same diet but from a different source batch (based on different expiration dates, anyway).

Dog food linked to heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    What are you feeding him?

Hills wasn't on the list, so I was looking into getting a bag today. Then I realized they were part of the vitamin D overdose recall, which probably affected way more then the 31 reported issues with Blue Buffalo....
    Redford Naturals

Looking into a little bit..it’s made specifically for Pet Supplies plus...by the company that makes Blue Buffalo...sooo you might want to avoid

Yeah, that's no good. Going to try some canidea tonight.

Been feeding chicken, carrots, flax and brown rice all weekend. Baxter loves it but honestly it's a pain and I'm sure that's not very balanced long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Hutash is a science diet guy if memory serves
    Yes he is (or at least was, no idea if his thoughts have changed). So is my vet. I considered the boutique stuff and have used it in the past (Wellness, Canidae, maybe another), for our new pup I decided to stick with Science Diet, to not act like I know best for my dog's nutrition and instead go with the long term respected by vets brand. No idea if that was the right call, but glad to see it's not on the list. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes he is (or at least was, no idea if his thoughts have changed). So is my vet. I considered the boutique stuff and have used it in the past (Wellness, Canidae, maybe another), for our new pup I decided to stick with Science Diet, to not act like I know best for my dog's nutrition and instead go with the long term respected by vets brand. No idea if that was the right call, but glad to see it's not on the list. :shrug:
    What are your thoughts on the recent acute vitamin d poisoning?

I have none, I thought I made it clear that I blindly follow what the experts tell me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Got it.

I try to eat minimally processed, natural foods (I can't afford organic, but grow organic veggies). I struggle to feed the dog "protein" meals and corn filler, seems unnatural to me.