Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Do you even ski Danny? Never seen any evidence of you on a hill making a turn.
    Plenty of me, I can ski. Not sure bout you.
    Laps
    I ski in places where the skiing is good. Unlike NH, MA, and MN. And there's plenty of evidence of that on this site.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fucked up that non-lethal can get one charged.
    Care to run that by us again....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    https://www.selfdefenseninja.com/bea...ts-difference/

Who knew pepper spray is stronger than bear spray
    but, at the volume of delivery, which has more pepper?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well then, if I was face to face with a grizzly, I'd rather have pepper spray. Or a serious gun.
    https://montanapioneer.com/grizzly-c...r-spray-shoot/

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Good question.
    Must be the bear spray because of distance and the amount needed.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    the bear spray is more volume for sure- because it's meant to be used at a further distance (5-10') and there is also a thought that the visual curtain of spray also deters the bear charge to an extent

if you have bear spray you should try it (outside only- funny about parvo's experience with the guests trying them in room-wtf?)
    you can just do a millisecond spray and get a good idea of how it works and see the dispersement (it's a big spray of orange) and you'll still have plenty for any real bear encounters
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Do Canadians apologize after discharging firearms?
    Only if we get charged.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    if you have bear spray you should try it (outside only- funny about parvo's experience with the guests trying them in room-wtf?)
    you can just do a millisecond spray and get a good idea of how it works and see the dispersement (it's a big spray of orange) and you'll still have plenty for any real bear encounters
    Took my gf up flat creek last weekend to practice using bear spray. She got a bit on her fingers and wiped her face. Of course it was somehow my fault but nevertheless was miserable hike back to truck for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Took my gf up flat creek last weekend to practice using bear spray. She got a bit on her fingers and wiped her face. Of course it was somehow my fault but nevertheless was miserable hike back to truck for her.
    I help with the OHS training for bear spray and encounters, and we always use nitrile gloves. Known silly coworkers who tested their spray in the woods, didn’t wash their hands, and then went to the ditchline to drain their main vein. Hilarity for their coworkers ensued!

note to self: nitrile gloves for the test spray...

I even tried to help with giving him water to wash out the spray, but later learned that just re-activates and spreads the chemicals and you should use milk instead.
    That's an old myth. Ironically enough, the best way to wash bear spray out of an assholes eyes is to use more bear spray.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Well, that settles it. Cap the motherfucker.

Duh. Of course it's your fault. lol

Well, that settles it. Cap the motherfucker.
    Ya, would still advocate most folk using bear spray if their intention is not already to kill the bear. Any bear hyped on adrenaline is very hard to kill, even if it gets 200grains from a 30cal rifle in the boiler room. I’ve never shot a grizzly, but killed plenty of black bear, both for food and for predatory/garbage habituated issues. It is amazing how stubborn they are to die even with a well placed hunk of lead. Cattle farming neighbours of my father have shot problem griz in the fall during the cattle slaughter, put a rifled slug into the boiler room, the bear goes a several metres more before slowly laying down. 15min later, and that griz will still get up at and take a swipe if you approach. Amazing resilience and stamina. Believe it or not, but years of good data indicates you are more likely to walk away from a charge using bear spray than shooting the angry bruin.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    the bear spray is more volume for sure- because it's meant to be used at a further distance (5-10') and there is also a thought that the visual curtain of spray also deters the bear charge to an extent

I bet it sucks if you're downwind of the bear.

I bear sprayed a dude

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I bet it sucks if you're downwind of the bear.
    For sure, but thankfully they have one of the best noses on the planet. Most often they will circle you to get downwind to properly assess you, especially if they truly have predatory intent. A momma with cubs will likely charge anything perceived as a threat if it feels that as the only option, but usually they will try their best to gather as much info about you as possible before engagement, which means getting a whiff of your BO. Their olfactory sense is simply amazing, many magnitudes better than the best bloodhound. Probably one whiff of your fart and they’ll diagnose you of a colon polyp

I bear sprayed a dude

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Does a glock have springs?
    They have 4, no actually 5.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    curious if the town drunk uses "bro" "dude" or maybe "chief". Kind of expecting him to be a chief type.
    Been a minute since I’ve used chief. It can really drive home a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    For sure, but thankfully they have one of the best noses on the planet. Most often they will circle you to get downwind to properly assess you, especially if they truly have predatory intent. A momma with cubs will likely charge anything perceived as a threat if it feels that as the only option, but usually they will try their best to gather as much info about you as possible before engagement, which means getting a whiff of your BO. Their olfactory sense is simply amazing, many magnitudes better than the best bloodhound. Probably one whiff of your fart and they’ll diagnose you of a colon polyp
    Is that covered by health insurance? Or only in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Is that covered by health insurance? Or only in Canada?
    We’re in negotiations, but declining salmon returns keep getting in the way...

How the fuck can beer spray deter any thing?!?!?!?

Wait .....
    Whut?

The GSA would have the footy

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

The phrasing of the thread title bugs me, like it could mean ‘As a big hairy guy I peed on a dude who asked for it’ and none of us clueless old white bros would know that.

Maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself?

Glad for you that you didn’t have to kill the guy. Bear Spray seems like it can do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I help with the OHS training for bear spray and encounters, and we always use nitrile gloves. Known silly coworkers who tested their spray in the woods, didn’t wash their hands, and then went to the ditchline to drain their main vein. Hilarity for their coworkers ensued!
    We use an inert spray for training. There’s usually a few cans left over that are great for setting off at unsuspecting coworkers. I usually have at least one stashed under my desk.

https://www.outsideonline.com/239917...6RNmN_aM8haAro

a local bud offed a bear with a hatchet

BCMH you might know Alex
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know