Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 367
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    To my knowledge, long loose lightweight light colored cotton clothing is the coolest thing.
    Cotton is key, under armor type clothing wicks too fast out here and doesnít cool you off. Cotton holds onto the sweat. The vast majority of our craft labor wears long sleeve cotton Ts.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,106
    Hey Parvo - Speaking of getting bear-sprayed, you knew Legasa got attacked by a grizzly last fall, I assume. His hunting partner let the bear have it with bear spray (probably saved Legasa's life) but it was also into the wind. The bear took off but Bob and his hunting partner were gassed and blinded by the spray for about ten minutes. They were rubbing snow in their eyes and wheezing for a while and wondering if the bear was going to come back while they couldn't see. The shit works but the overspray or backspray has its drawbacks. If you hadn't heard of this attack, you should look it up. Pretty scary.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    7,938
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Grown men wearing shorts for anything except actively participating in some kind of athletic pursuit is weird. You aren't six, put some pants on.
    Thatís the dumbest thing Iíve read since Benny said Boston and DC are part of the NY metro.

    Third the long sleeves are the coolest thing to wear in dry sunny heat. Sweat that falls off you doesnít cool you. Has to evaporate. I work in a hooded cotton or synthetic lightweight hoody with the hood up. I can work in 90 degree heat in the CA sun and be reasonably comfortable. I wear shorts though unless Iím doing something in the brush. I personally think the synthetic keeps me cooler, but the cotton ones are $6.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,843
    Those really thin fishing hoodies are my go to in hot weather.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    7,996
    Cooling is a little bit different over here on the humid coast.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Hey Parvo - Speaking of getting bear-sprayed, you knew Legasa got attacked by a grizzly last fall, I assume. His hunting partner let the bear have it with bear spray (probably saved Legasa's life) but it was also into the wind. The bear took off but Bob and his hunting partner were gassed and blinded by the spray for about ten minutes. They were rubbing snow in their eyes and wheezing for a while and wondering if the bear was going to come back while they couldn't see. The shit works but the overspray or backspray has its drawbacks. If you hadn't heard of this attack, you should look it up. Pretty scary.
    He's very lucky he's not bear scat. Potato was just in Jackson and filled me in on more of the details. Very scary.

    Next to my desk I have a box of bear spray.
    I'm ready for multiple drunk attacking dudes or a sloth of bears thanks to guests who can't take their spray home. Also, free to good home if any area mags need some.
    Name:  bear-spray.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  164.2 KB
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,106
    I forgot to mention that when Bob went for his bear spray, he managed to have it pointed 180* from what it's supposed to be so blasted himself.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I forgot to mention that when Bob went for his bear spray, he managed to have it pointed 180* from what it's supposed to be so blasted himself.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Bears are attracted to boobs too? Thatís awesome.
    Bears not attracted to boobs on the cape http://www.ptownbears.org/

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Just reconfirms my disdain for Wyoming. That place sucks. Itís like Alabama north. Everyone in the state should go ahead and punch yerself in the dick, go on now. Dick Punches for all.
    So many laps, I think Iím done though!
    Are you sure you are from NH? cuz, I mean Guns, redencks, etc NH is like the WY of the NE.
    ( used to live next to WY 3x, went there a lot & married a woman from NH)

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Bears not attracted to boobs on the cape http://www.ptownbears.org/
    well not lady boobs at least.
    I see a couple of those bears that might be in need of manzeers

    and GMember- those of us that live in bear country are very aware of the wind direction thing for deployment. It's a risk that it's not in your favor but not as much as not carrying
    I check my bear spray positioning constantly when recreating in the danger zone
    skid luxury

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,106
    b-bear - Yes but he was in panic. He'd already been attacked and his buddy had sprayed. In the heat of the moment and panic, just disoriented the canister. The wind was also blowing toward them so they were getting hit by the initial spray from his friend, too. Just a real cluster but one he walked away from. I'd consider that a win.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Next door
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    b-bear - Yes but he was in panic. He'd already been attacked and his buddy had sprayed. In the heat of the moment and panic, just disoriented the canister. The wind was also blowing toward them so they were getting hit by the initial spray from his friend, too. Just a real cluster but one he walked away from. I'd consider that a win.
    When I heard Bob was attacked by a bear my first reply was "I thought he was more into otters and twinks?"
    كافر
    (Infidel)

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    7,996
    I guess they were saved because bears don't like spicy food.
    Real VTers tap trees.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    5,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    When I heard Bob was attacked by a bear my first reply was "I thought he was more into otters and twinks?"
    I think he is. But, it's like closing time at the bar; desperate times call for desperate measures.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    5,791
    Fantastic. Wish I had some right now for the people that won't let me play through
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,758
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I guess they were saved because bears don't like spicy food.
    haha, he seasoned himself perfectly.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I think he is. But, it's like closing time at the bar; desperate times call for desperate measures.
    I guess you could say that there are times when one must grin and bear it.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I guess you could say that there are times when one must grin and bear it.
    No, really?
    You can't do that to this beautiful thread.


    Seriously, what the fuck

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Craziest thing is to witness some of these Central Americans working at landscaping all day in long pants and long sleeves. I assume to protect from sun and insects, but, dear lord, I've seen it on 95 degree/60 percent humidity days. Tough people.
    Every wildland firefighter you've ever known digs fireline or runs chainsaw in that heat wearing nomex and a pack.
    You just do what you have to do. If you had to do it, you'd adapt too. It would be hard for a while then you'd adapt.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    one of those gaper mountain towns
    Posts
    2,964
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Every wildland firefighter you've ever known digs fireline or runs chainsaw in that heat wearing nomex and a pack.
    You just do what you have to do. If you had to do it, you'd adapt too. It would be hard for a while then you'd adapt.
    Besides, if they wore lycra, the bears would never stop hitting on them, requiring moar spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Besides, if they wore lycra, the bears would never stop hitting on them, requiring moar spray.
    I heard Lycra attracts cougars. Requiring moar prophylactics.

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,740
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Fantastic. Wish I had some right now for the people that won't let me play through
    That just means you'd have to get close to spray them, then end up punching them. I prefer an air horn in the back swing

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,740
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Grown men wearing shorts for anything except actively participating in some kind of athletic pursuit is weird. You aren't six, put some pants on.
    These are the guys that wear shorts year round, it's freakish

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Every wildland firefighter you've ever known digs fireline or runs chainsaw in that heat wearing nomex and a pack.
    You just do what you have to do. If you had to do it, you'd adapt too. It would be hard for a while then you'd adapt.
    how many gallons of water per day do you have to drink in conditions like that? or do you just have to be chronically dehydrated the whole time?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •