Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    In his defense he lives in an area where just about everything is illegal, including but not limited to sling shots, spray paints, good fire works and most form of guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good fireworks in the next state.

Pretty happy I don't have to bike or walk around with a gun. I mean, the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Pretty happy I don't have to bike or walk around with a gun.
    fyi you don't
    skid luxury

Name:  IMG_6477.JPG
Views: 478
Size:  25.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6476.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	287159

Another option for bike carry. .38 spl+p pretty much idiot proof. Someone once recommended buckshot for the first two rounds, then hollow points. I go all hollow.

One dud in hundreds of rounds, nowhere near the inconsistency of my pos 9. No paper target is safe.

Have never even come close to using on the trail, but mountain bike solo a lot and want something besides bare hands and blocking with bike if Smokey shows up. Bear spray/water bottle holster now on my list. Probably a higher chance of an altercation with drivers when riding the road bike. IME Colorado drivers HATE cyclists, and in a lot of cases, I can't blame them. I never carry on the road bike, but have had drivers pull some pretty douchy stunts that made me wish I had. Probably all the more reason to just carry some bear/pepper spray.

Another great read; thanks Parvo!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Just checked out those little pepper spray thingies, and they are legal here. Might get one. Had a bad encounter with Mr. Steroid driving an Escalade last year. He was kinda bearish, too.

Good fireworks in the next state.

Pretty happy I don't have to bike or walk around with a gun. I mean, the fuck?
    You should be happy, but if you think Teton village is more violent then the ny metro I believe you inhabit, you’ve got another thing coming.

That’s fine though, parvo did the right thing,
    Controlled himself, but was prepared.
    Weren’t you a Boy Scout, always be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Does anyone else here think “I bear sprayed a dude” carries homo-erotic connotations?
    It’s a euphemism for the Third Floor Bathroom
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

You should be happy, but if you think Teton village is more violent then the ny metro I believe you inhabit, you’ve got another thing coming.

Well, there you go. The old violent, nasty NYC thing again. Sorta reminds me of that Chris Rock routine all about how we should all really be fearful of the white suburban school kids, because they're the ones who kill the most with guns. They crazy!
    And the "NY metro" is a really big place populated by maybe a hundred million. Ever read in the news about us shooting each other (except the school kids, of course)? No. We don't have guns. Well, most.

I actually pucker up and watch myself west of the Mississippi more. Lots of guns. They crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    f
    Another option for bike carry. .38 spl+p pretty much idiot proof. Someone once recommended buckshot for the first two rounds, then hollow points. I go all hollow.

One dud in hundreds of rounds, nowhere near the inconsistency of my pos 9. No paper target is safe.

Have never even come close to using on the trail, but mountain bike solo a lot and want something besides bare hands and blocking with bike if Smokey shows up. Bear spray/water bottle holster now on my list. Probably a higher chance of an altercation with drivers when riding the road bike. IME Colorado drivers HATE cyclists, and in a lot of cases, I can't blame them. I never carry on the road bike, but have had drivers pull some pretty douchy stunts that made me wish I had. Probably all the more reason to just carry some bear/pepper spray.

Another great read; thanks Parvo!
    I hope by Smokey you mean a griz, not the Highway Patrol.

I bear sprayed a dude

Well, there you go. The old violent, nasty NYC thing again. Sorta reminds me of that Chris Rock routine all about how we should all really be fearful of the white suburban school kids, because they're the ones who kill the most with guns. They crazy!
    And the "NY metro" is a really big place populated by maybe a hundred million. Ever read in the news about us shooting each other (except the school kids, of course)? No. We don't have guns. Well, most.

I actually pucker up and watch myself west of the Mississippi more. Lots of guns. They crazy!
    I have a brother in CT who’s armed to the teeth because of Newtown and some looting after hurricane Sandy (I think). Guns are a lot harder for him to legally own, but he’s determined af.

Pretty reasonable guy in most other aspects, but nearly unrecognizable from the guy I grew up with when it comes to firearms. Totally buys into the gov’t conspiracy re Newtown. Has both zombie apocalypse and tyrannical gub’mints bases covered I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I hope by Smokey you mean a griz, not the Highway Patrol.
    Name:  IMG_2266.JPG
Views: 487
Size:  173.4 KB
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    "I dude sprayed a bear"

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I have a brother in CT who’s armed to the teeth because of Newtown and some looting after hurricane Sandy (I think). Guns are a lot harder for him to legally own, but he’s determined af.

Pretty reasonable guy in most other aspects, but nearly unrecognizable from the guy I grew up with when it comes to firearms. Totally buys into the gov’t conspiracy re Newtown. Has both zombie apocalypse and tyrannical gub’mints bases covered I guess.
    Newtown?? Is he in first grade?

LOL, ain't much of a bad element in the NYC Metro area. And, yes, I have some experience living near there in the past and have several close friends still living there. One of my best friends is a security manager at Madison Square Garden. Fun fact. The vast majority of violent street criminals are poor people. Poor people can't afford the NYC metro area. Again, Charlotte's probably more dangerous than downtown Manhattan.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yep, so glad this was not the I sprayed a bare dood thread.

Although it might bring back blurred in a discussion of garden hoses.
    watch out for snakes

I need those shredder bullets for my strap when I’m riding the trails. Other riders can get fucked or blasted
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Newtown?? Is he in first grade?
    See? There you go trying to apply logic. He had kids in school at the time, nowhere nearby. His father-in-law is a rabid conservatard baby-boomer OCD 24/7 Fox watcher, and I think some of it's rubbed off. His wife's as big a kook as her dad; loves to carry on about wanting the same for her kids that she had; single child of upper middle class parents in Paramus, NJ when it was still primarily white.

Not in 1st grade, but same mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    the future is armed bikers wearing archaeopteryx while riding carbon bikes through disintegrating urban landscapes
    yes to everything but the archaeopteryx. Even spandex warriors think that shit is overpriced/rated.

I bear sprayed a dude

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    LOL, ain't much of a bad element in the NYC Metro area. And, yes, I have some experience living near there in the past and have several close friends still living there. One of my best friends is a security manager at Madison Square Garden. Fun fact. The vast majority of violent street criminals are poor people. Poor people can't afford the NYC metro area. Again, Charlotte's probably more dangerous than downtown Manhattan.
    Once again let me make myself clear for the intellectually challenged. I never said nyc was dangerous. However, Teton village is not either. In fact, being run over or assaulted would be the last thing I would expect in either place.
    Parvo was just prepared. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    fly low?
    Flylow doesn't fit huge tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    There were lots of witnesses watching me tussle with this guy, I'm assuming there is viddy.

I carry mostly everywhere unless there will be alcohol consumption involved. Not so much for people, but for critters like unleashed dogs that want to give me the rabies. Now I will always have bear spray on bike rides, even made a little holster out of old water bottle to mount in the bottle cage.

The bicycle carry pistol is a .9mm Kel Tec P-11 in a little IWB leather holster. Don't even notice it. Although I never carry when mountain biking unless I put a little NAA .22 revolver in my front pocket.

I'm pretty thankful I didn't shoot him, although highway patrol I gave statement to was surprised I didn't. I was in road bike shoes and couldn't really get much purchase under me on the pavement, felt like a newborn giraffe learning to ice skate as he and I were dancing. So I was worried I'd be off my feet if he kept throwing punches. But I knew I could remove myself from the situation easily thus no threat plus he was highly intoxicated and I figured less-than-lethal was better route.
    Jesus, what 3rd World Country did you move to?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

And the "NY metro" is a really big place populated by maybe a hundred million!
    Well if that isn’t a living, breathing, stereotype of the NYC-centric worldview.

1/3 of the nation’s population lives in the NYC metro! Who knew!?!
    I still call it The Jake.

He didn't say a hundred million of what.

Be careful Benny - most real men in Vermont have a gun in their car

I am exaggerating - but there are a lot of guns in cars in this state. Some people carry unconcealed and I find that disturbing

The gun Taliban will be all about how that is great to let people know you are armed. I have issues interacting with private citizens that feel the need to pack a pistol in plain view

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Sorry but no, don't do a short test, ever. All it takes is a grain of the spray to stick in the nozzle and the pressure can/will leak out slowly. Leaving you with 95% of the spray sitting there with no propellant. There's plenty of youtubes and ranger programs on how to use it, but not by a short burst from the can you count on. [/threaddriftrant]
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yup, my understanding is also that once you crack the canister its gotta be replaced
    WHAT?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He didn't say a hundred million of what.
    Pizza eating rats.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda