Heather Anderson Hiker Extraordinaire To Speak in Tri-Cities WA

Hiker extraordinaire will share her experiences and adventures during Tri-Cities event

Heather Anderson, one of the most extraordinary hiking achievers in the world, will share her experiences with the Tri-Cities in a one-time event sponsored by the Inter-Mountain Alpine Club (www.imacnw.org).

She will give a presentation at the Richland Public Library on Monday July 1 at 7 p.m. describing how she overcame her fears on the Pacific Crest Trail.

Her record of hiking achievements is noteworthy. She was named the National Geographic Adventurer of the Year in February 2019 for incredible hiking accomplishments.

In 2017, she became the second woman to complete the “Double Triple Crown of Backpacking”, completing the Appalachian, Pacific Crest and Continental Divide National Scenic Trails each twice. In 2018 she hiked all three of those trails in one March-November season.

“I didn’t have any idea of the enormity of the undertakings when I first started out,” she said. She describes herself growing up as “… overweight, inactive and introverted – a bookworm of the highest order.”

In sixth grade her gym teacher forced her and all the other students to write down their athletic goals. She resolved that if she ever managed to overcome her athletic weaknesses, she wanted to set a record.

“I have a lot of weaknesses,” she wrote, “but I also have two critical strengths: I am stubborn and I am smart.”

(click link above to read more)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Oh look, another unremarkable, self-aggrandizing narcissist cashing in on the "look at me" culture that social media has given rise to.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Oh look, another unremarkable, self-aggrandizing narcissist cashing in on the "look at me" culture that social media has given rise to.
    oh look, more evidence that irony has died a slow and lingering death

That's a lot of hiking and she's certainly elite at it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You kids get off my lawn!!