Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mofro, How's the knee?

How's your knee, Mr. Mike?

Also, another big N. facing 2000+ meter vertical drop goes from the top of Laax/Glarner Vorab to Elm. No skinning required.
    Laax is a short drive East from Rueras.

Don't know how to get back from Elm easily though. Looks like a long bus and train ride (3.5 to 4 hour) from Elm to Rueras.

https://translate.google.com/transla...87&prev=search
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm just about back to "normal" (at least the knee). I just had a pretty bad sprain with some ancillary soft tissue damage. I couldn't jog for about a month, but have eased back into that in the last couple of months. If I do anything that involves explosive movement (with that term of course being relative), I'll notice just a little stiffness the following day.

Noted your observation above regarding Arosa to Davos. That proximity caught my eye a few months ago when I noticed another ski area in the background of one of my photos from Weissfluh and was looking at a map trying to figure out which one it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Mofro, How's the knee?
    Doing quite well now. I had patella tendon R-ACL replacement done 5/17, first 4 weeks were an absolute bitch, only 4-5hrs sleep/night for 25 straight days and much discomfort. My doc had me stay with the crutches to almost 6 weeks to be cautious as this was a revision, but just over 3 weeks later I'm walking ~4-5miles/day and well on track to be back in action by mid-November.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

glad to hear you are over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    He didn't tell me!

Admittedly, my Italian is a bit dusty.

But really, if we make plans to get Danny or one of his guides, things will go smoother. But he's running a business and can't be expected to drop everything for some old ski freak he met a few years ago.
    That’s what you were supposed to do this March already 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Good news about your knees there fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    That’s what you were supposed to do this March already ������
    True. So this time I'll be more authoritarian about it.

Since wp_hedonism knows the Davos to Lenzerheide via Arosa, we can self guide that.

Locked the dates: March 10-25.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 08-11-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Doing quite well now. I had patella tendon R-ACL replacement done 5/17, first 4 weeks were an absolute bitch, only 4-5hrs sleep/night for 25 straight days and much discomfort. My doc had me stay with the crutches to almost 6 weeks to be cautious as this was a revision, but just over 3 weeks later I'm walking ~4-5miles/day and well on track to be back in action by mid-November.
    Hey pal. Glad to hear you’re on the mend. For the memory bin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2848.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	289125

Bumping this...

About a week and half ago the wife and I spent some time at Mt. Lodge. Vendul is a fantastic host and I highly recommend staying with him!

He hooked us up with great hiking routes, set up a hut trip for us, and even hung out in his "spare time".

Sweet new cable car is up and running which should make winter access even easier than before.

Really want to go back this winter if I can swing it

Potential dates -- March 13-18th at the Mtn Lodge (if @Vendul agrees.) Buster to organize.

If you don't know Buster, and haven't done Europe before -- just shut up and do what he says. But mostly go to Mtn Lodge Sedrun.

I'm unlikely to be able to join. Got engaged last week which is 100% stoke. But we're likely going to elope to Europe with close family and do some bike touring as part of it which means ski funds/time off is limited.

Ah congrats man.

Sadly the wife and I won’t be going this year. We have some family matters to deal with on the wife’s side and that is taking priority over this trip. Wife is saddened as she was super excited to go after hearing about it when I got back. We made the final decision this weekend. She told me to go but I felt bad about not taking her with me.
    For those on the fence, GO!, if you can. It’s relatively inexpensive and an amazing trip with the most gracious hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Potential dates -- March 13-18th at the Mtn Lodge (if @Vendul agrees.) Buster to organize.

If you don't know Buster, and haven't done Europe before -- just shut up and do what he says. But mostly go to Mtn Lodge Sedrun.

I'm unlikely to be able to join. Got engaged last week which is 100% stoke. But we're likely going to elope to Europe with close family and do some bike touring as part of it which means ski funds/time off is limited.
    congrats Jake! Look forward to the TR on the elopement trip.

Dates work for me. Probably arrive Mt Lodge Saturday.

Those dates should work for me too, I'll be over there the week before for a conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Sadly the wife and I won’t be going this year. We have some family matters to deal with on the wife’s side and that is taking priority over this trip. Wife is saddened as she was super excited to go after hearing about it when I got back. We made the final decision this weekend. She told me to go but I felt bad about not taking her with me.
    For those on the fence, GO!, if you can. It’s relatively inexpensive and an amazing trip with the most gracious hosts.
    Bummer man, you'll be missed. Gotta make it over to your area to ski still.

Just a note for pnw mags. Our local leader when we skied in Corvatsch is in Vancouver for much of this winter. I've extended the offer to return the favor with some of our local skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    . Bummer man, you'll be missed. Gotta make it over to your area to ski still.
    Thanks man, I’ll miss skiing and hanging with ya over there.
    Swing on over this winter and let’s ski!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    You'll be missed, but way awesome on standing with the girl. Props.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    How's your knee, Mr. Mike?

Also, another big N. facing 2000+ meter vertical drop goes from the top of Laax/Glarner Vorab to Elm. No skinning required.
    Laax is a short drive East from Rueras.

Don't know how to get back from Elm easily though. Looks like a long bus and train ride (3.5 to 4 hour) from Elm to Rueras.

https://translate.google.com/transla...87&prev=search
    That run is pretty much nightmarish logistics wise. And skiing wise. Not comparable to oberalp stock. Rarely done.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    That run is pretty much nightmarish logistics wise. And skiing wise. Not comparable to oberalp stock. Rarely done.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Good to know.
    Any other suggestions within an hour or so of Rueras?

I'll be in Yurp (Stuttgart) on the 14th. I may be able to make this work..... I will have excess baggage (wife) in tow (is that frowned upon?). Looks like we could get to mtn lodge around the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    I'll be in Yurp (Stuttgart) on the 14th. I may be able to make this work..... I will have excess baggage (wife) in tow (is that frowned upon?). Looks like we could get to mtn lodge around the 15th.
    several of us came with wives/girlfriends last year. Most would probably describe me as the baggage rather than my wife. I anticipate she and I will roll through Mt. Lodge in mid-March for at least a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    several of us came with wives/girlfriends last year. Most would probably describe me as the baggage rather than my wife. I anticipate she and I will roll through Mt. Lodge in mid-March for at least a few days.
    You were definitely the baggage.

No offense. Your wife was just charming as fuck.

To be fair--as far as I'm concerned--that same dynamic applies to LWS too .

Agreed on both, lol. That southern accent....

I don't think the concept of baggage is allowed in lot4. Assholes, miscreants, rippers, zits, b.o., tits, dogpoo, yes, but no baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Agreed on both, lol. That southern accent....
    hey y'all, I have an accent too. Maybe you didn't notice.