Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Sorry dude, fucking sucks.
    Folks, it’s not a big deal. As he said, cancer prolly hurts more. Ya think?
    Absolutely.

Sorry to hear X-er. That sucks.

My insurance wanted to just to the stool samples. They claim they are just as effective, which seems like BS to me. It only tells if you have it. Seems like removing polyps before they become cancerous is a better idea. So I lied. Told my doc I had family history. I had the scope at 50. One polyp. I'm on the 5 year schedule.

GET CHECKED!

Funny related story. My B-I-L is a long time HS teacher, so now when he went in to get ‘er done, basically everyone at the Dr.’s office is a former student. Funnier when he was doing the check-up post-vasectomy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

" Each sachet contains 10 mg of sodium picosulfate, 3.5 g of magnesium oxide, and 12 g of citric acid. Nonmedicinal ingredients: natural orange flavour, potassium bicarbonate, and sodium saccharin. "

yeah around here the pro's use Pico salax which doesn't taste bad and definaltey cleans you out

the scope procedure as i understand it looks at every inch or cm of your colon from one end to the other, i don't see how looking at your shit is gona be just as good ?

I had a few drinks last night for sure, don't feel too bad today
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well ..... what are they gonna say, "shitty prep"??

Sorry for the loss of your friend, 3xer.

"Healthy and didn't need the scope" ...... ouch. Pretty shocking as it seems the medicos all push early, aggressive checks. So easy to do, and take care of if caught early.

Love it when they inadvertently (?) let you get a little light and you get to view your own poopenhuasen on the monitor.

My gastro-ent doc only lets me use the OTC preps for my upper GI endoscopies; colonoscopy has always been the infamous Golytely polyethelene glycol solution. I start slurping around 10 AM the preceding day, generally finish the waterfall poops by bedtime and actually get a restful night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Well ..... what are they gonna say, "shitty prep"??

Sorry for the loss of your friend, 3xer.

"Healthy and didn't need the scope" ...... ouch. Pretty shocking as it seems the medicos all push early, aggressive checks. So easy to do, and take care of if caught early.

Love it when they inadvertently (?) let you get a little light and you get to view your own poopenhuasen on the monitor.

My gastro-ent doc only lets me use the OTC preps for my upper GI endoscopies; colonoscopy has always been the infamous Golytely polyethelene glycol solution. I start slurping around 10 AM the preceding day, generally finish the waterfall poops by bedtime and actually get a restful night's sleep.
    My mom had colon cancer, so I’ve been getting colonoscopies since age 40, every five years. Last couple of times I was awake enough to watch part of the view on the screen. Pretty interesting
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Sorry for your loss, XXX-er.

Just went in for the every 5 year talk to the doc about when and where to get scoped.

They now recommend the Mirilax prep as it is much cheaper and works as well. Yeah the prep suck and having to get driven to and from is a pain but the rest is pretty mundane.

Now a bitch.

My 1st Oscopy was paid for by insurance as it was Preventative. They found a few polyps and removed them and informed me that the next visit would be Diagnostic so Insurance doesn't cover it.

What in the fuck? Which would be cheaper, them covering the procedure or them treating me for the Big C?

Fuck Cancer and fuck insurance companies.

I got high deductible, so I end up paying for it anyway most times.

Just chiming in to say sorry, XXX, and to encourage everyone to have this done.
    I didn’t read the directions and just chugged the concentrated whatever down straight, worked a peach.
    Doc said I won the best prep of the week award, so I got that going for me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Sorry to hear about your friend XXX

I got a pass from my doc for a few more years, but the wife's family has a history so she's not as lucky.

I was convinced I had colon cancer this morning but then I remembered I ate beets yesterday.

OMG. Just found out as I got out of a week at Bearclaw lodge and the Bearclaw fundraiser you guys came to was the last time I saw him. I don't even know what to say. Holy f*ck

XXX--a shame about your friend. Good advice. I put it off for about 10 years, fortunately nothing found.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    My mom had colon cancer, so I’ve been getting colonoscopies since age 40, every five years. Last couple of times I was awake enough to watch part of the view on the screen. Pretty interesting
    Maybe next time they'll let you do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Just went in for the every 5 year talk to the doc about when and where to get scoped.

They now recommend the Mirilax prep as it is much cheaper and works as well. Yeah the prep suck and having to get driven to and from is a pain but the rest is pretty mundane.

Now a bitch.

My 1st Oscopy was paid for by insurance as it was Preventative. They found a few polyps and removed them and informed me that the next visit would be Diagnostic so Insurance doesn't cover it.

What in the fuck? Which would be cheaper, them covering the procedure or them treating me for the Big C?

Fuck Cancer and fuck insurance companies.
    That's bullshit. Colon cancer is one of the most preventable cancers. Colonoscopy not only detects cancer, it detects benign polyps and benign polyps turn into cancer. What could be more preventative than that. Worth fighting that one. Or if Bernie gets elected you won't have to worry about paying.

Sorry to hear. My Dad beat colon cancer when he was 50. I’ve been getting checked since I was 40(ish). It’s easy to put off the screening but don’t.
    It’s preventative so most insurance does cover 100%. Pretty sure they record the procedure so if you ask the right person you can probably get a copy for home viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Sorry to hear X-er. That sucks.

My insurance wanted to just to the stool samples. They claim they are just as effective, which seems like BS to me. It only tells if you have it. Seems like removing polyps before they become cancerous is a better idea. So I lied. Told my doc I had family history. I had the scope at 50. One polyp. I'm on the 5 year schedule.

GET CHECKED!
    I thought I read recently that the scientific data were increasingly supporting that recommendation from your insurance. Can’t one of our procto-Dentists lay down some knowledge here?

belt-and-suspenders seems to be the best way to go, at least my doctor and gastroenterologist have me doing that - colonoscopy every 5 years, stool tests in the interim years. The only real downside to this that I can see is cost. In my case there was a scare due to anemia and they suspected colon cancer as the cause of the internal bleeding that often causes anemia. They haven't found anything of note but it's still a mystery why I was anemic so they've kept me on that program.

Colon cancer is actually falling among older people but the statistics on the rise of colon cancer are pretty crazy among younger people. From NIH:

"researchers predict that by 2030, based on current U.S. trends, colon cancer incidence rates will increase by 90% for people aged 20 to 34 years and by 28% for people aged 35 to 49 years, whereas they will decrease by 38% for people aged 50 to 74 years and by 45% for those 75 years or older"

The son of a friend of ours nearly died from it at 30 but has rallied pretty much from right at death's door and now seems to be doing okay from what I can tell from here. So I personally would recommend beginning testing much younger than standard guidelines suggest. The poop test is simple and non-invasive and cheap. You can order one yourself from walkinlab.com from LabCorp for $74.00 today. LabCorp can't work with walkinlab.com in a few states but in most they can. I've done a bunch of tests through walkinlab.com, they're awesome, very good service.

https://www.walkinlab.com

edit: while I'm on the subject of health, I just used goodrx.com for the first time and wow that was good. The testosterone gel I use was over $300/mo going through insurance, with goodrx it was $123.00. Goodrx is free, nationwide, and worked great for me. Since it doesn't go through insurance the cost doesn't go to your deductible, but I have a big deductible and I wasn't gonna hit it anyways unless something big goes wrong, so this is much much better for me.
    Last edited by iceman; 06-28-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Condolences regarding your friend, XXX.

I'm planning on doing the shit in the box test. It's as effective and not as invasive. /cough

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I thought I read recently that the scientific data were increasingly supporting that recommendation from your insurance. Can’t one of our procto-Dentists lay down some knowledge here?
    I'd love to see who funded the research to come up with that data.

Good luck with it man. Smart move.

I found walkinlab online with some research. I have to get bloodwork done every couple of months to keep track of my iron/anemia and it was really getting expensive and it was a pain. This is much cheaper, the tests are just as good, and through walkinlabs with both Questlabs and LabCorp, you just order it, pay, print the thing out and walk the fuck in whenever you feel like it (or make an appointment if you prefer).

And they keep your results in your account forever (I guess you could erase them if you wanted), so you can refer back to them in the future. Been great for me.

I’ve been following the colon cancer incidence rates in younger people as well, and it seems they have no answer as to why. Seems really weird to me. My take away is tell younger folks to get checked as well, like iceman said.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

It's probably Skittles. Or maybe avocado toast.

Just saw on facefuck this morning, old high school buddy got diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. His dad died at 62 from colon cancer and my friend never got tested. Went in for his first colonoscopy at 52 and had 16 polyps. A few silver dollar sized.

Poor guy just retired early too. He's been involved in rodeo sound and clown work for a long time. Retired to do the rodeo circuit full-time. Hope he pulls through.

Like snow tires or condoms the colonoscopy is life saving

if you insurance company is saying shitting in a box is good enough you better think about who's best interest they are thinking about and IMO it ain't yours

for fucks sake take the $$$$ hit and giturdun right, cuz if you wait till you get sick you may die or at the very least be shitting in a bag, my dad was a bag shitter and the 3 uncles on his mothers side so I been getting scoped soon after the age of 40 of course we have universal HC up here so no out of pocket costs but i would pay for it if i had to cuz predisposed eh

A couple of para glider buddie just dropped by and they mentioned Johnny has always had THE worst flatulence of anybody they knew and so we all wondered if flatulence is a a warnig sign ?

The Wake is on Saturday , it sounds like a fairly eclectic group of paragliders/ skiers/ climbers/ bike racers/ scientists are coming together and the hockey team has donated 2 kegs ... could be a shaker
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Send him off in style and fart in his general direction.

I will be paying from my HSA, still think it is bullshit but getting it done anyway.

Doctor ordered the Cologuard for me today, insurance covers it. Can’t wait to shit in a box then send it to someone. What a time to be alive!
    crab in my shoe mouth