Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 105
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,020
    so perfectly captures my thoughts on fishing. Seriously. Jr. was the only one to catch a fish many years ago on the annual cub scout overnight outing and after taking a picture of it asked me what to do. I encouraged him to just throw the rod & reel in the pond, until my bud showed up and took it off the hook. Shudder.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    "Can't you see..."

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,287
    Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Good stuff all. It's funny, used to take the camera and get lots of pics. Now just figure I'll use the phone, but I don't. I hate taking pics with a phone. I did get a couple this year though.
    When I go phone shopping, "which one has the best camera" is my #1 criteria. Because it's my only camera, and I want to be able to take decent shots.


    Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Nice bong.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Nice bong.
    Explains why he's watching the panthers.
    "Can't you see..."

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    350
    "So no pics from your trip down the Yakima?"

    Hah, hands were full (literally) with trying to row the damned boat and fish at the same time. I have decades of experience at the latter, but newbie at the former.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,256
    I miss the TTips TRs from the annual dune trip. Is that Chez in his floppy hat as lead skier behind the happy child?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    a poop plant
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When I go phone shopping, "which one has the best camera" is my #1 criteria. Because it's my only camera, and I want to be able to take decent shots.




    Nice bong.
    I think the camera on my phone is supposed to be the shit. I just do better with an old school camera for some reason. I like looking through a lens.

    That's my cheap travel glass. Not bad with a little ice and water. I do miss my Clover when traveling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Explains why he's watching the panthers.
    It's worse than you think. It was pre-season (I was waiting for my niners and to come on).

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,287
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I miss the TTips TRs from the annual dune trip. Is that Chez in his floppy hat as lead skier behind the happy child?
    That is Chez, known as telepariah 'round these parts. My child out front. Dostie and The Piper in the back.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    932
    A few weeks ago. Solo, all by myself trip. No plans, just threw my shit in the truck and headed up to Pisgah NF, with an idea of where I wanted to go. Every freaking dispersed site was taken, Davidson River Campground(last resort) was full. Headed towards Courthouse Creek road which only has 2 legal places to camp. This site had cars parked and a fire going on the way up, miraculously they were gone on my way back down 15m later so I pounced on it. I had driven around for about 3 hours. Turned out great. Being a dead end road, no traffic at night. Got to spend some much needed time alone. Had plans to fish my ass off, but other than this little guy behind the camp, I didn’t fish much, just enjoyed exploring some forest service roads.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1696.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	294615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1700.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	294616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1708.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	587.2 KB 
ID:	294617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1710.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	294618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1713.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	294619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1719.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	294620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53C74A8F-FE47-4BDC-8C8F-A5BAC744D22A.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	970.5 KB 
ID:	294621


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That is Chez, known as telepariah 'round these parts. My child out front. Dostie and The Piper in the back.
    Everyone pay you yet? lol

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,287
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Everyone pay you yet? lol
    different trip. and no.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    different trip. and no.
    I stopped booking all the camp spots because of this shit. Its not $$$ really, the principal of others holding out on you. Its the same fuckers who dont bring enough beer or dont cook.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Great time camping on my bro in-laws family farm out in the eastern townships for labour day weekend. It’s pretty rad, they’ve turned the 100 acre farm into a private family campground.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1139.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	294650

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1159.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	330.0 KB 
ID:	294651

    “What happens at camp stays at camp”
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1162.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	294652

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1163.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	294653

    I can’t remember who OPed this thread but it’s been up there with Ski Chile for good summer time distractions. So ya, big ups
    24° 06°

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,560
    This is a good thread, and I'm enjoying everyone's photos. More please.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,755
    spent 9 days and 89 green river miles, from the dam at flaming gorge to split mountain dino np, with my underoo bro
    a variety of fam and friends accompanied us at different times




    at times it was a hudge, well sum of us only flyfish, trip



    there are rapids to be run



    at some point you float into a camp

    gear explosion occurs

    there are chores to be done

    shelter and substance stuffs

    sumfukinmores to be consumed

    daylight comes


    the rituals of consumption, shelters, shits and

    well yeah day 2 what cha gonna do
    cept puts all the shit back on the floation devices


    and git the float back on
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    sweet dude!
    24° 06°

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I stopped booking all the camp spots because of this shit. Its not $$$ really, the principal of others holding out on you. Its the same fuckers who dont bring enough beer or dont cook.
    Bring enough beer? I've had a few over the years show up, with their kids, no beer, no food. Never reached in to their pocket. Yep, those people are deleted from my invite list.

    Excellent stoke Danmelon & SFB!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    A few weeks ago. Solo, all by myself trip. No plans, just threw my shit in the truck and headed up to Pisgah NF, with an idea of where I wanted to go. Every freaking dispersed site was taken, Davidson River Campground(last resort) was full. Headed towards Courthouse Creek road which only has 2 legal places to camp. This site had cars parked and a fire going on the way up, miraculously they were gone on my way back down 15m later so I pounced on it. I had driven around for about 3 hours. Turned out great. Being a dead end road, no traffic at night. Got to spend some much needed time alone. Had plans to fish my ass off, but other than this little guy behind the camp, I didn’t fish much, just enjoyed exploring some forest service roads.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1696.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	294615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1700.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	294616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1708.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	587.2 KB 
ID:	294617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1710.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	294618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1713.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	294619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1719.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	294620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53C74A8F-FE47-4BDC-8C8F-A5BAC744D22A.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	970.5 KB 
ID:	294621


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    Very nice. Thx for Sharon.
    watch out for snakes

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,465
    We didn't get in a lot of camping this year. We did get in a lot of traveling but we almost always had some fancy sheets this summer. Last summer we did 3 weeks up and down Oregon in the trailer, the wife and I did a nice backpacking trip out of Mammoth and I did a solo Evolution Loop in the Sierra.

    We did manage to get the dude out for his first backpacking trip.

















  19. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,755
    some river miles are easy


    theres wildlife



    there are sights and stops along the way
    history lessons and the old ways on display


    stops of substance


    there are others words of potential wisdom to be read

    signs of death

    and this day held a religious ceremony of life of faith and friendships


    stoked to have a godson
    and i wish a life of river travels and well not tight lines
    that posuer talk but the enjoyment that piscatorial pursuits may bring
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,266
    Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Yosemite-adjacent fun with the kids.
    That’s one of my favorite Sierra trailheads.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,792
    Super nice on antelope island. Amaaaaazing place for sunsets.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190921_195120.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	294950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190921_192947.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	294954Name:  IMG_20190921_193150.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  58.8 KB

    sent from Utah.
    sigless.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Super nice on antelope island. Amaaaaazing place for sunsets.

    sent from Utah.
    Nice. Are the bugs gone?

    Also, Splitter, those pics look amazing.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,792
    There were a few skeeters around last night. Scratching a bite right now in bed at home.

    sent from Utah.
    sigless.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    We didn't get in a lot of camping this year. We did get in a lot of traveling but we almost always had some fancy sheets this summer. Last summer we did 3 weeks up and down Oregon in the trailer, the wife and I did a nice backpacking trip out of Mammoth and I did a solo Evolution Loop in the Sierra.

    We did manage to get the dude out for his first backpacking trip.
    Thanks for those photos. They are incredible.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    475
    Hermit Island Maine we try to go every year the 3ed week in September.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190918_111715[1].jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	295086

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190918_193400[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	295087

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190918_184229[1].jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	295088
    Sunset over Portland.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190920_123728[1].jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	295119
    Pancakes.
    Last edited by ICantLogIn; 09-24-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •