Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Concur.
    +2

$12 an hour bike shop people aren't the brightest bunch.

If I push my X Fusion deep enough into it's travel, there's a click. Been like that for years. Doesn't seem to effect anything and can't hear it while riding.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Name:  catfood.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  9.8 KB
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Had the same rear Formula hub fail on my Devinci Troy a few weeks ago. Serious play in the hub. This is what is left of my freehub bearing...we were able to press a new bearing in. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1561658956.747342.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	286951

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Keep repairing bike or replace entirely

Sucks they put that hub on a nicer ride.

If I push my X Fusion deep enough into it's travel, there's a click. Been like that for years. Doesn't seem to effect anything and can't hear it while riding.
    My fork is constantly clicking and fairly loudly. I didn’t notice an effect on the performance, just the noise. But I’m a beater.

Hopefully there’s an easy fix for the fork, won’t be leaving the bike with this shop
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 06-27-2019 at 04:23 PM.

It sounds like the fix is a $12 rod.
    No longer stuck.

No longer stuck.

Options abound:
    1. Figure out how to take the fork and hub apart yourself. Similarly, get on your local forum and just straight up ask if someone wants to help you with the work. It’s a great community ya know.
    2. Find a shop that focuses more on wrenching. Some shops just suck at wrenching because they just hire kids to assemble complete builds.
    3. Buy lightly used or takeoff stuff. Right now, The Pro’s Closet has a bunch of great deals on wheels. I bought a take-off wheelset from them for <$300 that would have cost me >$400 to build myself. Shit, I have a new 29” wheelset and fork fork to sell for a lot less than what your shop wants to charge you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    This is good to know, thanks. Hopefully the fork just needs a small repair. If not, I will deal with the noise until I find a replacement.

The rear whee has a lot of play- like 1-2 cm side to side. The wheel fell off the bike on my last ride, I put it back on and that’s when I noticed the play in the wheel/ axle. Note from the tech: ‘’I did not have any success in sourcing a replacement freehub body for it.’’

Based on my research, breaking this hub is not uncommon and it’s kind of a POS.
    I’m not sure how a 12x148 rear hub could fall off the bike while riding. There is a very obscure hub standard that is basically an open dropout QR Boost. It’s a 141 QR and Norco uses it on some hardtail plus bikes. Norco is Canadian, Devinci is Canadian. Maybe it’s a Canadian thing? 141 hubs are considerably harder to find, but not impossible. Figure that out before you purchase a new hub or wheel because it could possibly end up being a waste of money.

I know you could purchase a nicer DT Swiss hub (350 or nicer) in Boost 148x12 and replace the end caps with their QR ones and that would make it the 141 QR I’m pretty sure you’re after. But this may be more expensive than you’re thinking for this bike.

The marketing angle behind 141 QR is that you get the benefits of the wider hub flange spacing of Boost, but in a QR package.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Durable and mountain bikes don't go together. Unless it is a Rigid singlespeed mtn bikes wear out quickly.

So your fork isn't broken. It just sounds annoying? Upgrade it or accept you ride a squeaky pogo stick. You don't need to buy Fox or Rock shox to get a good fork.

What is broken on your rear wheel?
    id like to think ive got more KMs on my bike the the OP before i need to start fixing the forks and changing the rear hub. Lets be right and with no disrespect he's not exactly Steve Pete blasting about. Buy cheap buy twice

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Seems a lot of complete bikes (even higher end builds) have shitty cheap hubs as OEM these days, which sucks because it's one of the major parts of a bike that if it fails on the trail you are truly shit out of luck.

Keep repairing bike or replace entirely

^Commencal, DeVinci, Cannondale and probably other brands sell builds up to to ~$4k with this hub, iirc.

Thanks again for all the replies. To close this up- I brought it back to the place I bought it from (used) and they took apart the fork, put it back together and now the fork seems fine. The shop owner who is a skilled wrench said that if he had to guess, he thought there was some kind of air bubble or something like that, or possibly my fork pump gauge was off and there was too much air. The sound is gone and the fork rides a lot better again. He tried fixing the hub, it didn’t last a mile after the fix, then offered to rebuild the wheel for the cost of the hub. I now have a new hub that is serviceable. Lucky I got treated so well.

I should have been more clear- the hub didn’t fall off, that wasn’t the right way to put it- the wheel came off axis and ended up resting on a seat stay, not sure why. Then I started demoing full suspension bikes and I’ll be buying one of those soon.

Anyone want a cheap plus hardtail? DeVinci kobain Deore, medium. I would do a nice deal for a mag, located in NE, FS post coming soon. Tires are worn, bike doesn’t seem to need anything else.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 08-14-2019 at 10:07 PM.