Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 106 of 106
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,245
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    As any good lawyer will tell you, the first thing to do in any lawsuit is post about it on the internet.
    Awesome!

    OP - Nuke and behead!!!!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Flavor Country
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yep totally broken. And I believe the ins co's live off the fact that tons of people will just "pay it" so the company wins.

    Ive had multiple instances of stuff not being covered when it should clearly be, all instances were billing errors on the part of the Dr in most cases. Simply refiling the claim with the right "code" gets the bill paid.

    Wonder how much they make off "mistake" payments.
    Probably a good chunk. My dad ran single doctor (just him) private oncology practice for 40 years and had 3 full-time staff who did nothing but deal with insurance companies and billing. That type of practice would be almost impossible nowadays because of the overhead. They hated dealing with insurance companies as much as the patients did. Figuring out correct codes for billing, then codes change. Or certain things have multiple codes based on whether it was a pre-existing condition(not usually covered), a condition that was related to the chemo treatment(sometimes covered), etc. And they were usually trying to get as much covered for the patient as possible because it was in the doctors best interest as well. All the doctors I knew would rather have guaranteed money from the insurance company (even if it was less than the true cost to the doctors office) than rely on debt-collectors to track down money from people who usually didn't have it in the first place.

    All the doctors in my family will readily admit the current system is fucked in many ways
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,259
    Currently dealing with in-network vs out-network PT. My new PT has been told by insurance that they are in-network and out-network during the same week by different people at the insurance. I was told by my insurance that they are in-network. My first appt is next week. Iím anticipating a headache dealing with how this is handled by insurance.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,848
    ^^^^^ Great, but people want to keep their fucked up insurance. Sure, whatever you say Uncle Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Probably a good chunk. My dad ran single doctor (just him) private oncology practice for 40 years and had 3 full-time staff who did nothing but deal with insurance companies and billing. That type of practice would be almost impossible nowadays because of the overhead. They hated dealing with insurance companies as much as the patients did. Figuring out correct codes for billing, then codes change. Or certain things have multiple codes based on whether it was a pre-existing condition(not usually covered), a condition that was related to the chemo treatment(sometimes covered), etc. And they were usually trying to get as much covered for the patient as possible because it was in the doctors best interest as well. All the doctors I knew would rather have guaranteed money from the insurance company (even if it was less than the true cost to the doctors office) than rely on debt-collectors to track down money from people who usually didn't have it in the first place.

    All the doctors in my family will readily admit the current system is fucked in many ways
    And for the record I totally do not blame the Dr....this is the insurance company messing with folks.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yep totally broken. And I believe the ins co's live off the fact that tons of people will just "pay it" so the company wins.

    Ive had multiple instances of stuff not being covered when it should clearly be, all instances were billing errors on the part of the Dr in most cases. Simply refiling the claim with the right "code" gets the bill paid.

    Wonder how much they make off "mistake" payments.
    But . . . but . . . everybody is supposed to be totally happy with their insurance so we shouldn't have Medicare for all. At least that's what the pundits say.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •