Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    As any good lawyer will tell you, the first thing to do in any lawsuit is post about it on the internet.
    Awesome!

OP - Nuke and behead!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yep totally broken. And I believe the ins co's live off the fact that tons of people will just "pay it" so the company wins.

Ive had multiple instances of stuff not being covered when it should clearly be, all instances were billing errors on the part of the Dr in most cases. Simply refiling the claim with the right "code" gets the bill paid.

Wonder how much they make off "mistake" payments.
    Probably a good chunk. My dad ran single doctor (just him) private oncology practice for 40 years and had 3 full-time staff who did nothing but deal with insurance companies and billing. That type of practice would be almost impossible nowadays because of the overhead. They hated dealing with insurance companies as much as the patients did. Figuring out correct codes for billing, then codes change. Or certain things have multiple codes based on whether it was a pre-existing condition(not usually covered), a condition that was related to the chemo treatment(sometimes covered), etc. And they were usually trying to get as much covered for the patient as possible because it was in the doctors best interest as well. All the doctors I knew would rather have guaranteed money from the insurance company (even if it was less than the true cost to the doctors office) than rely on debt-collectors to track down money from people who usually didn't have it in the first place.

All the doctors in my family will readily admit the current system is fucked in many ways
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Currently dealing with in-network vs out-network PT. My new PT has been told by insurance that they are in-network and out-network during the same week by different people at the insurance. I was told by my insurance that they are in-network. My first appt is next week. Iím anticipating a headache dealing with how this is handled by insurance.

^^^^^ Great, but people want to keep their fucked up insurance. Sure, whatever you say Uncle Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Probably a good chunk. My dad ran single doctor (just him) private oncology practice for 40 years and had 3 full-time staff who did nothing but deal with insurance companies and billing. That type of practice would be almost impossible nowadays because of the overhead. They hated dealing with insurance companies as much as the patients did. Figuring out correct codes for billing, then codes change. Or certain things have multiple codes based on whether it was a pre-existing condition(not usually covered), a condition that was related to the chemo treatment(sometimes covered), etc. And they were usually trying to get as much covered for the patient as possible because it was in the doctors best interest as well. All the doctors I knew would rather have guaranteed money from the insurance company (even if it was less than the true cost to the doctors office) than rely on debt-collectors to track down money from people who usually didn't have it in the first place.

All the doctors in my family will readily admit the current system is fucked in many ways
    And for the record I totally do not blame the Dr....this is the insurance company messing with folks.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    yep totally broken. And I believe the ins co's live off the fact that tons of people will just "pay it" so the company wins.

Ive had multiple instances of stuff not being covered when it should clearly be, all instances were billing errors on the part of the Dr in most cases. Simply refiling the claim with the right "code" gets the bill paid.

Wonder how much they make off "mistake" payments.
    But . . . but . . . everybody is supposed to be totally happy with their insurance so we shouldn't have Medicare for all. At least that's what the pundits say.