Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Well this thread too a hilarious turn. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    May be an old trick. But it's going to cost them this time. I am going to make noise about it. Post about it on social media. Sue em. Call the news. Tell everyone the story until they are sick of hearing it. People need to make noise about this shit when it happens.
    Yup, you certain are going to stick to them.

In the end, I imagine they will be fiscally drained by the litigation, and without clients after the social media shit storm your are gonna bring . I wouldn't be surprised if the call you directly and offer you a settlement outright....
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

You might lay down and offer up the corn hole, but not me. If they want my out of network fee, after the bullshit they pulled, they are going to have to earn it. Fuck them.
    sigless.

sigless.

You might lay down and offer up the corn hole, but not me. If they want my out of network fee, after the bullshit they pulled, they are going to have to earn it. Fuck them.
    I dont much about the cost of litigation or the cost of out of network fees..... so I am just guessing when I assume that you are probably gonna spend more than you are gonna get back.

What I am not guess about however, is the fact that U of U healthcare has deeper pockets than you.... so its kinda funny to think that your one man social media / litigation rampage is actually going to have a negative impact on their organization.

God Bless

I only give dental advice, not legal, but: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title13/Ch...0118000101.pdf

Whelp. I'm going to sue U of U healthcare, and United Healthcare.

I tell all my clients the same thing.

trust no one to do their jobs, or care, because the bill is coming to you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I dont much about the cost of litigation or the cost of out of network fees..... so I am just guessing when I assume that you are probably gonna spend more than you are gonna get back.

What I am not guess about however, is the fact that U of U healthcare has deeper pockets than you.... so its kinda funny to think that your one man social media / litigation rampage is actually going to have a negative impact on their organization.

God Bless
    You are absolutely right. However if more people make the cost of getting fucked higher, then they will do it less. Resigning myself to accepting it is not how I roll. They may succeed in screwing me over, but their cost to do so will exceed what they get from me.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I went to get a second option this week, out of network, and the old hag atthe front desk said “hmmmm, I’ll hold your license until you leave”. As in, I’ll get it back when I pay them. I was livid. I’m there worried I have a fucking brain tumor or some shit and they treat you like dirt.

It’s obscene,
    Fucking assholes, all of them.

You are absolutely right. However if more people make the cost of getting fucked higher, then they will do it less. Resigning myself to accepting it is not how I roll. They may succeed in screwing me over, but their cost to do so will exceed what they get from me.

sent from Utah.
    Isn't the entire premises of the US healthcare system to fuck people over? while making the people who do the fucking rich?

The sheeple are slaves to fast food and opiates, they dont give a fuck.

sent from Utah.
    They're going to give it to one of their in-house attorneys, and their marginal cost will be effectively zero. Large public-facing companies are built for this kind of bullshit.

May be an old trick. But it's going to cost them this time. I am going to make noise about it. Post about it on social media. Sue em. Call the news. Tell everyone the story until they are sick of hearing it. People need to make noise about this shit when it happens.
    Vote for Bernie. He's been making noise about this for, like, forever. Warren, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I went to get a second option this week, out of network, and the old hag atthe front desk said “hmmmm, I’ll hold your license until you leave”. As in, I’ll get it back when I pay them. I was livid. I’m there worried I have a fucking brain tumor or some shit and they treat you like dirt.

It’s obscene,
    Fucking assholes, all of them.

Has anyone recommended you call the state insurance commissioner yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    They're going to give it to one of their in-house attorneys, and their marginal cost will be effectively zero. Large public-facing companies are built for this kind of bullshit.
    No, that is incorrect. If more people do this, they need to hire more attorneys and it hurts their profits. Large public facing corporations are bottom line driven. Enough people start doing this and it costs them money, they will change. Does one person make a huge difference? No. Where is the threshold for this to emerge as a line item on an executive meeting agenda? I don't know. Don't be lazy and fight the fuckers.

I am really annoyed. I'm going to go work on shit in the garage now.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

No, that is incorrect. If more people do this, they need to hire more attorneys and it hurts their profits. Large public facing corporations are bottom line driven. Enough people start doing this and it costs them money, they will change. Does one person make a huge difference? No. Where is the threshold for this to emerge as a line item on an executive meeting agenda? I don't know. Don't be lazy and fight the fuckers.

I am really annoyed. I'm going to go work on shit in the garage now.

sent from Utah.
    The crux of your solution is that for most people, the mental and fiscal cost of fighting back is much greater than any perceived benefit.

The proletariat is comfortably subdued. the 1% know this and design systems around it.

It ain't that hard to vote. Just do that, and then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I would pursue it, that's bullshit.

Kinda surprising to me since I had a great experience (well, it wasn't great, but...) with United Healthcare at both Alta View Hospital and Intermountain when I fucked myself up back in 2017. Went to Alta View first, they decided they weren't equipped to help me, was transferred to Intermountain, spent 8 days there and finally checked myself out because i was sick of it, and that was the only reason I left, nobody pressured me at all. Paid approximately $1000 for some assorted various uncovered shit but that was it. The bill must have been 100 times that but I never saw it. Never even heard from United Healthcare, they just paid the bill.

Leads me to think it's the Doc gaming the system, not wanting to do the work for what United would pay for it but relying on the United connection to draw you in. Classic bait and switch. Go get him.
    Aren’t you on Medicare?

Big difference from this bullshit called Obamacare that no greedy, pos, provider takes. But sounds great. High faive?

No Im not even 60 yet, no Medicare yet.

As someone who works in hospital consulting, would you be surprised if I told you they employ professional social media watchers and may actually counter sue you for saying bad things on social media.
    Your situation sucks for sure though.

This type of thing has been in the news for the last couple of months with people winning against these surprise med bills but it took work and time so keep at it.

President Trump actually signed a bill yesterday that will hopefully stop this sort of thing.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

BB--sounds like fraud to me or at least negligence, since you made a good faith effort to stay in network. Obviously suing them isn't a practical option but tossing the word "fraud" around might work. Tell the hospital to work it out with the insurer because you have written proof that the doctor is in network with no mention of it being location dependent. Letters to your state legislature representatives might be useful. If they send you to collections hiring a lawyer to send the collections agency a letter stating that the charge is disputed might get them to lose interest--the agencies want to deal with undisputed charges that people just aren't paying. There have to be SLC lawyers on this forum.

I got balance billed for an ambulance ride that Kaiser said was fully covered. I call Kaiser and while I'm on hold they call the Truckee Fire District's billing company and explain that they have paid the contracted rate in full and the biller agrees. Then I get another bill for the same thing. Kaiser calls again, while I'm on hold, and the biller says they forget to enter it into the system. I haven't heard from them again. Never hesitate to question and fight any medical bill you think is wrong. The people who do the billing are entry level paper pushers and make a lot of mistakes, just like the receptionists who steered you wrong.

back in 2000 i bought a brand new tacoma after the schools...pimp truck as tacos go (joke as they are plastic beaters)...after a shit ton of miles in 2 years, the rear drums had to be be resurfaced several times. but kept vibrating then they got hot...

long story short, after a year of fighting the good fight Corp finally caved and bought it back..i have since bought 4 others but they never fixed the POS drum brakes. they also never called it a lemon even tho i said that a thousand times. hundreds of hours on the phone etc

looking back i should have given up. all i got was a lousy newer version of the same problem..

good luck tho. that is BS. maybe get the younger jenner sister to befriend ur cause. she seem to know social media

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Give 'em hell, basin!!! Screw those guys. They know what they're doing. We had a similar thing happen but it wasn't an insurance claim, just a "Free consult."

Wife called this butthole doctor's office in Bozeman to inquire about a deviated septum. They said it would be a free consultation. Went in for the consult but they said that she'd have to go to his OTHER office since they had some better equipment to take an initial look. She follows their advice. The "special equipment" was simply the doc shoving a little camera up her nose to take a look. Was like a 30 minute visit if that and never ended up doing a surgery with him since our spidey sense was tingling and we didn't quite trust him. Wanted another opinion perhaps. Imagine our surprise when we got like a thousand dollar bill with some fancy name for the so-called "medical procedure." We fought it over and over, and ultimately just let them send us to collections as we refused to pay them for their "free consultation." Their reason? "Oh, the free consultations are only at the doc's OTHER office. The doctor's office you saw him at is considered a different network." WTF?

We shoulda sued too. Doctors with practices like these need to be held accountable. Good luck, bro!
    I had the exact same “procedure” during a 10 minute visit about my fucked up septum. A week later an $800 bill showed up at my door. Whenever this shit happens, and it happens all the time (I actually went to a butthole doctor for a colonoscopy and the way that was billed would make kevorkian blush), I give the grievance to my attorney immigrant wife with a chip on her shoulder and magically stuff disappears.

Basin - use social media to network and find other people similarly situated then posture a suit as a class. I’ve no clue if you have a leg to stand on or if you could possibly get your class certified, but a group of folks will entice attorneys and get the attention of the organization. I know just the guy to refer you to actually. If you find some folks with the same story, PM me. I fought a major company this way, and stuck them for millions and an injunction on the underlying practice.

Or just negotiate the bill down, put it on a payment plan, save a year of your life and go work on German cars with a nice IPA.

Oh this is sick. United headquarters minutes from my home. They employ countless paper pushing self entitled rats
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000