Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    cool blog.
    Thanks buddy. I should keep it simple like your bitcoin thoughts, right?

I was waiting for you and Dumbfee to completely rip it apart. Didn't get much from you though, but I'm sure dumbfee will post a frothing-at-the-mouth reply.

There’s a throw down on the horizon somewhere?

Shit, we’re still cleaning up from the Great Meme War of ‘17.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I just figured it's Friday why not troll a little.

Cheers dudes.
    i wasn't saying you were wrong...just a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Thanks buddy. I should keep it simple like your bitcoin thoughts, right?

I was waiting for you and Dumbfee to completely rip it apart. Didn't get much from you though, but I'm sure dumbfee will post a frothing-at-the-mouth reply.
    your virtue-signalling bullshit really doesn't set itself apart in this thread, maybe take it to a place where it can shine?

anyways I'm applying special relativity to figure out some strange time space where "learning" general stuff for 4-6 years before you "get trained" doesn't cost time

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

anyways I'm applying special relativity to figure out some strange time space where "learning" general stuff for 4-6 years before you "get trained" doesn't cost time
    Is that invariant under the Lorenz transformation?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

This just popped up on my IG today:

Name:  AB960294-362E-444C-A18A-2D051703BDEA.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  93.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    your virtue-signalling bullshit really doesn't set itself apart in this thread, maybe take it to a place where it can shine?
    That's it? You must have had a long week yelling angrily at the internet, maybe rest over the weekend, re-group, and bring your A-game Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    speaking from experiance 8 hours in a boat with someone youd rather not spend minutes on is gonna harsh the passion mellow :
    I run into more than a few ex-fishing guides up here so I can believe you

I got a buddy who owns a lodge so i asked how that was he said " I work 14hrs a day for 180 days of the year so if you aint on my program your buddies will tell you pretty quick and if I have to tell you you won't be invited back "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

nope he told me " I was born to it " buddy is dead serious he don't care how much $$$$$$ the average client ( 70 % of them being old/white/American/ republican ) has if you fuckup you will hear about it cuz he works too hard to put up with bullshit

and I have heard similar things from ex-guides

I think "fishing" and "guiding fishing" are 2 different things, it honestly doesn't sound like a great way to make a living

Me I just get the cash drive their trucks down river which takes about an hour and I'm done

its Canada tho so you won't get shot or pepper sprayed eh

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    That's it? You must have had a long week yelling angrily at the internet, maybe rest over the weekend, re-group, and bring your A-game Monday.
    that was a weaksauce buttahflake impersonation. take a lap.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ive elevated my fishing passion to a point where I don't even need much catching for enjoyment

so givin fucks that you paid to not git em aint as easy sometimes
    and the fact that the only way most of em will git em is under a bobber in a manner of fishing that I don't personally enjoy
    and too many people cant git over the need to quantify catching #ers with a great day on the water
    I still guide charity events and volunteer vet engagements
    ill probably guide again
    probably white water
    in the services industries idiot exposure time matters
    and less is better
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

In re: college degrees and critical thinking: I think there's some pretty good selection bias for those who pursue a challenging college degree, in that those who went through the BS of attaining a degree were generally more likely to be able to set goals and achieve mid to long term objectives. They can grind. That's not to say that those who don't chase a degree can't also be goal setters and achievers and grinders, just that, all things being equal, the kid with the engineering degree is more likely to be a quality candidate than the kid without, even if the job has nothing to do with engineering or any of the skills learned while pursuing that degree.

Outside of that, I can't say I ever saw too big a difference in critical thinking abilities between those who had degrees and those who didn't. I don't think you learn that in college or university. Maybe the ability to articulate and direct that critical thinking.... but we're starting to parse hairs, here.

Anyways, to the topic, more parsed hairs: my job is so not my passion, but that doesn't mean I'm not passionate about what I do. It's so much more fun to bring passion and engagement to whatever it is you're working on, whether that's scrubbing the floor or leading a high performing team in an effort to make some corner of the world a better place. I think it has fuck all to do with the job and everything to do with the person.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    In re: college degrees and critical thinking: I think there's some pretty good selection bias for those who pursue a challenging college degree, in that those who went through the BS of attaining a degree were generally more likely to be able to set goals and achieve mid to long term objectives. They can grind. That's not to say that those who don't chase a degree can't also be goal setters and achievers and grinders, just that, all things being equal, the kid with the engineering degree is more likely to be a quality candidate than the kid without, even if the job has nothing to do with engineering or any of the skills learned while pursuing that degree.

Outside of that, I can't say I ever saw too big a difference in critical thinking abilities between those who had degrees and those who didn't. I don't think you learn that in college or university. Maybe the ability to articulate and direct that critical thinking.... but we're starting to parse hairs, here.

Anyways, to the topic, more parsed hairs: my job is so not my passion, but that doesn't mean I'm not passionate about what I do. It's so much more fun to bring passion and engagement to whatever it is you're working on, whether that's scrubbing the floor or leading a high performing team in an effort to make some corner of the world a better place. I think it has fuck all to do with the job and everything to do with the person.
    I think that is a really good point. You can half-ass anything or your can put forth some effort and get some personal satisfaction in doing something well. That said, the world need half-assers too. Shit don't work without the worker drones.

I've done a couple of river shuttles for some montana raft & fish guides last few years, nice group they tipped really well,

Last trip buddy said thanx this will be the last trip for awhile cuz I'm going back to business school ... fish guiding is not the way to make a living

edit: I barely made it out of HS but at the end I had made it to very early retirement and others with more edumaction or smarts had not, taken another path or wtf ? Not particularly smart but natural mech aptitude, maybe the ability to think on my feet and do the right thing, IME its not necessary o know everything just know the ph# of the guy who knows everything

working for the mother corp was like a rodeo, get on & ride to the bell ... there is a whole lot of bull inbetween