Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    all generational squabbles boil down to misunderstanding and envy.

Whatever happened to the Silent Generation? Don’t hear much from them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ha.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Whatever happened to the Silent Generation? Don’t hear much from them anymore.

Maybe if you listen really hard

most of them are dead
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Should the title of this thread be "why does the baby boomer generation suck so badly"

bad being an adverb
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

this whole thread is here because Fred is mad his Dad won't just die and give up the inheritance doncha know.

You probably never heard the quiet revolution in Quebec where they basicly said fuck you to the church
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    this whole thread is here because Fred is mad his Dad won't just die and give up the inheritance doncha know.
    Triggered by a particular backsplash tile, which brought back deep seated childhood memories he wanted to forget?

Fred's hatred of his father specifically has been transferred to a general hatred of his father's generation. This is beginning to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Should the title of this thread be "why does the baby boomer generation suck so badly"

bad being an adverb
    #dadverbs
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Triggered by a particular backsplash tile, which brought back deep seated childhood memories he wanted to forget?

Fred's hatred of his father specifically has been transferred to a general hatred of his father's generation. This is beginning to make sense.
    That and all the rap music that rots his brain, I mean come’on.

his dad loved the turtles and the beach boys more than fred. so he picked some of the most boring rap of today to rebel against him, his generation, and any decent rap artist of today.

bad being an adverb
    Maybe they're bad at sucking.

Someone once told me it helped them to write down what was bothering them and mail the letter to themselves. Upon receipt, if they still felt the same way they would send the letter to the intended party--glademaster style. That sounds very old fashioned and today that would cost $0.55, or more if you're wordy.

Perhaps this thread was his letter and has now provided him with some closure?

My parents are boomers and they're pretty cool.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

read this on that known, anti-boomer website Twitter - which is also where Boomer like to express real outrage about fake news items and follow bots:

"Baby Boomers did that thing where you leave a single square of toilet paper on the roll and pretend it’s not your turn to change it but with a whole society"

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    read this on that known, anti-boomer website Twitter - which is also where Boomer like to express real outrage about fake news items and follow bots:

"Baby Boomers did that thing where you leave a single square of toilet paper on the roll and pretend it’s not your turn to change it but with a whole society"
    That's why the Forever Roll was invented.

https://shop.charmin.com/starter-kits/

Is anybody here pissed because I did nothing but post on TGR all month and $1500 from the government coffers was added to my bank account today?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Does anyone here get the full $2861?

Someone once told me it helped them to write down what was bothering them and mail the letter to themselves. Upon receipt, if they still felt the same way they would send the letter to the intended party--glademaster style. That sounds very old fashioned and today that would cost $0.55, or more if you're wordy.

Perhaps this thread was his letter and has now provided him with some closure?
    What if you’re rather pleased with how you’ve handled things? Doyou fedex yourself a tasty fish?
    I still call it The Jake.

Does anyone here get the full $2861?
    None that need it More than deserve it. IMHO.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

The Chronic, early Cypress Hill, NWA, and early Public Enemy's got it's place in all time great music... my favorite RnB of the late 80s and 90s. I'll also add Tribe in to that conversation. Just not going to say it's "better" or those artists are/were more talented than the greats of other generations... all the way back to Mozart. All of them owe credit to those who came before them paving similar paths.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but it probably should be about '54 or so. People born '45-'55 (or about) became adults in the '60's, and those of us born after grew up in the '70. Very different generations. We already thought the '60's kids were weird in the '70's. And a lot of their music already seemed ancient. Peter, Paul and Mary? Simon and Garfunkel? gtfo. The Beatles were long gone, so were the Doors. Sure some acts like the Who and Dylan and the Stones carried through but who the fuck was the Kingston Trio?

We were Skynyrd and Talking Heads and the Ramones and the Clash and a shit ton more.

Us '70's kids get ignored, there's not even a name for us, but we're cool with it because that's how we always rolled, and we pretty much kicked ass. Fuck a bunch of boomers and everyone else.
    as a class of 64 boomer I agree

you forgot pete seeger

i hate that fucker.

i started to come of age in the late 70s and I agree. those were fun times, I was a baby, but fun fucking times

a defining moment was a lude party in 82 as a freshman on some roof of a dilapidated apartment building. funny and weird and mildly surreal. it was a shit ton of fun

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What if you’re rather pleased with how you’ve handled things? Doyou fedex yourself a tasty fish?
    I guess that's one of the downsides of posting here vs. mailing yourself a letter. No matter how pleased you are with your handling of the situation, it's almost guaranteed everyone here will be second guessing your decisions. Until you ultimately delete the thread.

I guess that's one of the downsides of posting here vs. mailing yourself a letter. No matter how pleased you are with your handling of the situation, it's almost guaranteed everyone here will be second guessing your decisions. Until you ultimately delete the thread.
    When a thread bemoaning the end of one relationship leads to the implosion of a subsequent one, it's time to shake the metaphorical etch-a-sketch. Heh, that was funny in retrospect. On the upside, I did a whole lot of skiing in May and June.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    The Chronic, early Cypress Hill, NWA, and early Public Enemy's got it's place in all time great music... my favorite RnB of the late 80s and 90s. I'll also add Tribe in to that conversation. Just not going to say it's "better" or those artists are/were more talented than the greats of other generations... all the way back to Mozart. All of them owe credit to those who came before them paving similar paths.
    rap

the sugar hill gang... no two ways about it

i really liked de la soul