Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=fastfred;I love paying for their healthcare and social security
    [/QUOTE]

I paid into SS for over 40 years and now that I'm taking money out (based on how much I put in) you're paying for it? Every generation has it's problems and issues, like the Great Depression for your great-grandparents. Perhaps the problem is the current one spends it's time in the virtual world instead of obtaining an understanding of. history. The system has always been rigged. Figure it out and deal with it. I don't know, but after living through several generations it seems that the old and young each always sound the same. On yeah, and get off my lawn!
    Gravity Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    such hypocrisy
    jailed, fined, fired and intimidated millions of mj users for decades and now they want the weed available to them at convenient locations in government regulated doses.
    they are against everything until there's $ in it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    I paid into SS for over 40 years and now that I'm taking money out (based on how much I put in) you're paying for it? Every generation has it's problems and issues, like the Great Depression for your great-grandparents. Perhaps the problem is the current one spends it's time in the virtual world instead of obtaining an understanding of. history. The system has always been rigged. Figure it out and deal with it. I don't know, but after living through several generations it seems that the old and young each always sound the same. On yeah, and get off my lawn!
    I'll have paid into SS for 40 years when it's my time to retire. Most economists expect that the fund will be depleted by 2034, just when I turn 65.

So you are only one more data point that Baby Boomers suck at thrift and management.

Kids have it easy these days playing with their phones. Wasn't easy a hundred or so years ago.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Move somewhere like the 25th century? WTF are you talking about?
    Everywhere sucks except the future? Geez,
    You know if you’re lucky you get 80-90 turns around the sun.
    For most here, I suspect we are on the back nine.
    The world is a big place. Lots of places and things to do that don’t involve getting angry daily at trump or Hillary or your dead end job. In the end non of it matters. Go live a little .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Question for the rock throwers here - what should the boomers have done differently?
    Besides not helicopter over their kids so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A balanced budget.
    Bill Clinton, a boomer, gave us one. Another boomer, George W Bush. threw it away. It's ridiculous to generalize about any generation. The baby boom contained well-off, college-going hippies who protested the war in Vietnam except for a few who went out of what they felt was patriotism, a bunch of poor and lower middle class kids who went there because they had to, and a handful who jumped at the chance to kill some gooks--and that fucked war was started by the previous generation. If you look at a lot of what's wrong with this country politically it can be traced back to that war. The same Greatest Generation who survived the Great Depression and saved democracy brought us Vietnam.

Bernie and Donald are both boomers.

Meanwhile--boomers are only 23% of the population. There are more millenials than boomers--so you non boomers can take over if you want to bad enough. So stop bitching and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Bill Clinton, a boomer, gave us one. Another boomer, George W Bush. threw it away. It's ridiculous to generalize about any generation. The baby boom contained well-off, college-going hippies who protested the war in Vietnam except for a few who went out of what they felt was patriotism, a bunch of poor and lower middle class kids who went there because they had to, and a handful who jumped at the chance to kill some gooks--and that fucked war was started by the previous generation. If you look at a lot of what's wrong with this country politically it can be traced back to that war. The same Greatest Generation who survived the Great Depression and saved democracy brought us Vietnam.
    Played domino theory with young peoples lives. And then the lessons weren't learned and we got the 80s. @#$&_! And the 90s. $#@-&! And the perpetual GWOT. Of course that's all blowback from 1953, but that's all the same clusterfuckthink that brought us Viet Nam.

This whole thread started because some baby boomer woman wanted new backsplash tile? The internet is making everyone bitter and lonely.

I watched "They Shall Not Grow Old" on the plane last week on trench warfare in WW1. It didn't pull any punches with old footage from the front lines. In addition to getting blown to bits, these guys had to deal with lice, trench feet, gangrene, mustard gas, etc. Any millennial, gen-x, or boomer who's bitching about how bad things are today is just a little bitch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7905466/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Bill Clinton, a boomer, gave us one.
    That's like saying we could pay our credit card bill every month. The deficit did not go down.

I'll have paid into SS for 40 years when it's my time to retire. Most economists expect that the fund will be depleted by 2034, just when I turn 65.

So you are only one more data point that Baby Boomers suck at thrift and management.
    The future has always been scary. Boomers grew up during the Cold War doing regular drills hiding under their school desks in case of a nuclear attack. Based on the world today I'd guess that SS is the least of your worries.
    Gravity Junkie

My son had his first job interview this morning. I printed out the city bus schedule and offered to drop him off at Hardees (Carl's Jr for you left coasters). He declined my offer and dusted off the bike he hadn't ridden in a year. It's only a little over a mile down the road though so no major obstacles to walking or biking to work. Might suck in the rain but glad he's stepping up to go earn some money of his own. I was working fast food at 15. He's turning 17 in October.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Meanwhile--boomers are only 23% of the population. There are more millenials than boomers--so you non boomers can take over if you want to bad enough. So stop bitching and do it.
    unfortunately the booomers cry the loudest and whine endlessly when they don't get their way, they have all this free time that I don't have to sit and bitch and bitch until they have things their way, talk about a spoiled rotten group of people

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This whole thread started because some baby boomer woman wanted new backsplash tile? The internet is making everyone bitter and lonely.

I watched a documentary on the plane last week on trench warfare in WW1. It didn't pull any punches with old footage from the front lines. In addition to getting blown to bits, these guys had to deal with lice, trench feet, gangrene, mustard gas, etc. Any millennial, gen-x, or boomer who's bitching about how bad things are today is just a little bitch.
    Tell folks who served in Vietnam and are suffering from agent orange exposure or Desert Storm vets who were hanging ass shoulder to shoulder over a rope with dysentery or resperatory disease from burning oil wells, or the soldiers stations in Balad, Iraq who breathed in fumes from a 10 acre open air burn pit of 200 tons of waste per day about how soft they are.

War is horrible and to keep it on topic, the Boomers having suffered through the Vietnam era should have known better than get us involved in the longest war in US history.

Tell folks who served in Vietnam and are suffering from agent orange exposure or Desert Storm vets who were hanging ass shoulder to shoulder over a rope with dysentery or resperatory disease from burning oil wells, or the soldiers stations in Balad, Iraq who breathed in fumes from a 10 acre open air burn pit of 200 tons of waste per day about how soft they are.

War is horrible and to keep it on topic, the Boomers having suffered through the Vietnam era should have known better than get us involved in the longest war in US history.
    I never said any war wasn't hell. The wars today that everyone thinks can be fought from a distance suck. But you gotta watch this movie if you get a chance, or if you think your life today sucks and it's the baby boomers fault.

Nobody cares about your WW1 movie.

I wonder why they made a movie nobody cares about.

QUOTE=4matic;5699063]The core reason boomers suck is they cling to their glorious past and not realize how lucky they were. A misspent youth would not survive today. Fuck Classic Vinyl too.[/QUOTE]

Baby boomers were the offsping of the greatest generation. Greatest generation didn't want their spawn to go through the hardships they endured so G.G. spoiled the B.Bs.

How's the saying go?...
    Hard times create strong men
    Strong men create good times
    Good times create weak men
    Weak men create hard times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    unfortunately the booomers cry the loudest and whine endlessly when they don't get their way, they have all this free time that I don't have to sit and bitch and bitch until they have things their way, talk about a spoiled rotten group of people
    Irony, do you speak it?

Not to say my generation hasn't blown it, but it has by no means any lock on selfish, self aggrandizing, overblown, whiney, obsequious, narcissistic, exclusive assholes.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nobody cares about your WW1 movie.
    Fine. Perhaps we can help fastfred pick out some backsplash tile for this lady then?

We're just wasting time pointing fingers here. Let's get the fuck to work and make freddie some $$. Poor fucker's gonna need some savings when Social Security and Medicare go under.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Not only this -- compare the wealth of boomers to any other generation. They may only make up 23% of the population, but they control a large majority of wealth and major institutions in this country -- be they large corporations or political institutions.

People who think just because someone is in the minority of sheer numbers mean that the other groups can easily attain power are the ones that need a history lesson.

Older people always have most of the money, that's how shit works.

except for the people who failed to recognise what was in their own best interest

but its not rocket science spend less than you make & save 10%
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Not only this -- compare the wealth of boomers to any other generation. They may only make up 23% of the population, but they control a large majority of wealth and major institutions in this country -- be they large corporations or political institutions.
    Of course they do dummy. You spend a lifetime of saving (or not saving and inheriting) and you generally have more money than someone younger who hasn't had the time to save (or not save and is still waiting for an inheritance.)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wonder why they made a movie nobody cares about.
    Who cares

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums