Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    You guys have no idea of how much better & more enjoyable...life is today, both in the classroom, at all grade levels, and everywhere else... In the good ol' days....life in the disfunctional nuclear family was not fun(to say the least)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah but it probably should be about '54 or so. People born '45-'55 (or about) became adults in the '60's, and those of us born after grew up in the '70. Very different generations. We already thought the '60's kids were weird in the '70's. And a lot of their music already seemed ancient. Peter, Paul and Mary? Simon and Garfunkel? gtfo. The Beatles were long gone, so were the Doors. Sure some acts like the Who and Dylan and the Stones carried through but who the fuck was the Kingston Trio?

We were Skynyrd and Talking Heads and the Ramones and the Clash and a shit ton more.

Us '70's kids get ignored, there's not even a name for us, but we're cool with it because that's how we always rolled, and we pretty much kicked ass. Fuck a bunch of boomers and everyone else.
    Cream, Hendrix, Airplane, Country Joe, The Mothers, Led Zep, Fugs, Stones, Kinks, Who, Dead, Faces, Floyd, yeah, those 60s bands were such weenie rockers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Cream, Hendrix, Airplane, Country Joe, The Mothers, Led Zep, Fugs, Stones, Kinks, Who, Dead, Faces, Floyd, yeah, those 60s bands were such weenie rockers.
    it's odd - and probably intentional - you produced a list of great bands without the interchange of members that made some of the great bands of that era so great.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    ......it was largely the boomers from 1980 to the present that have borrowed and levered up on the backs of their children.
    +1

Hardly such a thing as "credit" back in the good ol' days, when the public school systems in poorer communities line you up for a free, all expense paid, trip to Vietnam...

80’s all the way for me. From Joy Division to Michael Jackson and Prince.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This thread wreaks of spoilt millennials.

Bring back the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    This thread wreaks of spoilt millennials.

Bring back the draft.

"We had a terrible war that had no point many had to go to, so you have to go too"
    This is kind of the epitome of the modern issues with boomers. A lot of effort was expended early to try to fix some things, but it was totally half assed and now boomers blame millennials for shit they did.
    "Everyone gets a trophy, how soft!" It wasn't millennials giving out the trophies.
    We actually know better on a range of factors from climate change to child success factors, yet many of the older folks insist on things that hurt more than help because God forbid they learn and change their stance.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yabbut without the boomers originating the songs, those twats would have embarrassed themselves some other way.
    So you're making excuses for post boomer garbage artists because boomers made good songs for them to trash?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    80’s all the way for me. From Joy Division to Michael Jackson and Prince.

Jackson and Prince were writing their best stuff late 70s. Prince was playing stuff from 1999 in Minneapolis clubs around 78.. Both are boomers too BTW...

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    That 60s stuff is so good. Is there a better decade of modernish music?
    The 90s were an epic era for music.

Rock n roll still lived, an entire new genre with all its offspring came into the scene in alternative, the greatest hip hop ever was introduced to the world.
    I still call it The Jake.

boomers claimed rap was just a fad in the 80's said it wouldn't last
    how many things can they be wrong with

skip to 2:10 to see some real work

We get it, you like Nipsey Hussle. Somebody clearly didn't but everyone's a critic, amIrite?

Before people get too excited about how great music was in the 60's, check out the Billboard Top 100 for any year. A few great songs in among the garbage. For example, 1968:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billbo...ingles_of_1968

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Rock n roll still lived, an entire new genre with all its offspring came into the scene in alternative, the greatest hip hop ever was introduced to the world.
    There's really not a whole lot of detectable difference between Nirvanna's style and The Ramones or Jim Carroll Band. Grunge was just a slight variation of 70s punk and proof that most of the best things come back around every 20-30 years. Same goes for movies.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    not sure why they say boomers ended in 64 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    just demographics--how many being born. 64 or so is when the WWII gets got too old to make babies.
    It's simply when the US birth rate fell below x number per 100 women.

Culturally and economically, you're not a boomer if you were born in any year starting with a 6. That's literally the thesis of Coupland's book.

Nobody wants to be the last sled dog.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Without question.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It has nothing to do with musical taste, just demographics--how many being born. 64 or so is when the WWII gets got too old to make babies.
    Buddy growing up born in 69 like me. He was the youngest of 6 in an Irish Catholic family. His dad was a ww2 vet. His oldest sibling was old enough to be his dad. Boomers and Xers squarely in the same batch of kids. I am guessing that he is not an extreme outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Buddy growing up born in 69 like me. He was the youngest of 6 in an Irish Catholic family. His dad was a ww2 vet. His oldest sibling was old enough to be his dad. Boomers and Xers squarely in the same batch of kids. I am guessing that he is not an extreme outlier.
    I'm basically the same age, and my youngest brother is a millennial.

wow actual mutherfucking demographics you you mean its not about the music ?

I can see how later generations are pissed they do'nt have the same opurtoonities

but its not my fault as i am just the result of a brief moment of involuntary muscle control

the obvious solution is to have a lot more babies to create the baby boomer version 2.0
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

As a millennial infatuated with 60s-70s rock that kind of analysis is deeply offensive. I'd argue the best guitarists of all time came from that period, influenced all major talents that followed and set the bar for what we consider to be good rock music. Not to get too pedantic just that I think it's some of the best modern music ever made. Also a lot of really good reggae in that period. Love me some 80s and 90s as well but the original stuff from the late 60s was dope.
    Agree.

Current music is overwhelmingly horseshit.
    Disagree.

There's always good music somewhere. It just might not be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There's always good music somewhere. It just might not be popular.
    Agree.

As a millennial infatuated with 60s-70s rock that kind of analysis is deeply offensive. I'd argue the best guitarists of all time came from that period, influenced all major talents that followed and set the bar for what we consider to be good rock music. Not to get too pedantic just that I think it's some of the best modern music ever made. Also a lot of really good reggae in that period. Love me some 80s and 90s as well but the original stuff from the late 60s was dope.
    ++++

Current music is overwhelmingly horseshit.
    I'm no longer well informed, but there's Brian Jonestown Massacre, Radiohead, Tame Impala, The National, Spoon, Jack White stuff.

Everyone has their crucible and baked into that is music.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    <snip>
    the obvious solution is to have a lot more babies to create the baby boomer version 2.0
    I'm pretty sure that this is the Millenials, no?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm pretty sure that this is the Millenials, no?
    yeah as a boomer i did my part and have 2 millenials but did we have enough or what other factors contributed to the 1st boom, the US gov has done its part by declaring wars & police actions to stimulate economy

some might but I dont necessarily think the boomers suck so bad as a whole
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know