Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Question for the rock throwers here - what should the boomers have done differently?
    Besides not helicopter over their kids so much...
    Finish the activism that they started. The movement was there, it got quiet and then the Reagan era happened. Probably didn't help their most popular leaders were assassinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Tax the fuck out of the wealthy. For starters.
    Some changes yes but I’m no fan of taxing success.

I debated on which was the greater cultural gift to you old fucks from the late 90s Gen X-ers: Reality Bites or Singles.

Singles wins hands down.
    I still call it The Jake.

What boomer here is trying to subsidize me?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I debated on which was the greater cultural gift to you old fucks from the late 90s Gen X-ers: Reality Bites or Singles.

Singles wins hands down.
    It definitely had the better soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Some changes yes but I’m no fan of taxing success.
    So you’re a fan of taxing mediocrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    It definitely had the better soundtrack.
    Singles soundtrack is one of the best.

https://youtu.be/4hr26JwPOZA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Again pretty much 100% bang-on for the Millenials as well.

The Millennials are the spoiled generation. You can blame the boomers for spoiling the useless fucks, but we're still the envy of the world with a phenomenal quality of life and plenty of mobility if one chooses to aspire to it.

The problem is the Millennials were told "we're special" our whole lives and somehow we believed it.
    Deebased, you’d be right if you’d said “100% bang-on for the WHITE MIDDLE CLASS AND ABOVE Millennials as well.”

And I say this as a white, middle class Gen Xer, forever benched as part of an in-between generation, and enjoying the relaxation that comes with having had my most productive years sidelined by Boomers who wouldn’t leave the workforce and Millennials who’ll gladly work for less than I made just 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will say this for the Boomers: they’ve greeded their way towards creating the unfettered capitalism that Marx said was necessary for proletariat revolution. He said that revolution would naturally occur when workers could not afford the goods they produced. We are, literally, at that point now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    So you’re a fan of taxing mediocrity?
    How did I say that? you're making up narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    is it just me?
    boomers suck sweaty balls
    talk about a peice of shit generation

they hate on millenials, before that they hated on gen-x
    no one is as smart and savy as they are
    no one has worked as hard as they have to achieve all the material wealth that they created for themselves
    they look down their snooty noses on everyone else

it's like they all had the chance to change the course of the country in 1969
    but someone said, hey if you all stop being stupid ass hippies trying to change the world
    we'll give you everything you want and create the most spoiled entiled generation possible
    dip shits should have kept course, but they all wanted material wealth, big houses, suburbs, and the chance to be selfrightous instead thinking like a community

these fuckers are running up the debt and draining the gov't dollars faster than you can say a couple trillion
    my favorite phrase they like to use, "but I worked for it, I paid in to they system, it's not like I'm taking something for free"

it'd be nice if they just shut the fuck up and get out of the way enjoying their golden years without shitting all over the rest of us
    wrong forum jong.

sweet blog btw.

why does the baby boomer generation suck so bad

Question for the rock throwers here - what should the boomers have done differently?
    Not opposed adoption of the metric system.

Not opposed adoption of a national healthcare system.

Opposed the war on terror, invasion of Iraq, etc.

Not supported the war on drugs.
    Last edited by neufox47; 06-25-2019 at 07:03 AM.

moved to poly...

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    moved to poly...
    Fuck. It was just getting good.

Turned off the fucking TV and stopped their kids from playing video games 24/7.

You know been parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallthus View Post
    Deebased, you’d be right if you’d said “100% bang-on for the WHITE MIDDLE CLASS AND ABOVE Millennials as well.”

And I say this as a white, middle class Gen Xer, forever benched as part of an in-between generation, and enjoying the relaxation that comes with having had my most productive years sidelined by Boomers who wouldn’t leave the workforce and Millennials who’ll gladly work for less than I made just 10 years ago.

Bringing race into it doesn't help the issue. If you said 3rd generation and above Americans, you'd have a better classification base than attacking evil 'ole whitey.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How did I say that? you're making up narrative.
    If you have problems with "taxing success" then what do you want to tax?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    weed use should be taxed not jailed
    the funny thing about weed................
    boomers suddenly decided that its socially acceptable so we ended up with leaglized weed in certain states

today boomers are so wacked out and in denial about being drunk, popping endless pills, so maybe throw some weed in there too
    they point their fingers at the heroin epedemic, but don't bother looking in the mirror in the morning as they feed themself pill after pill start drinking in the afternoon and smoke some dope
    all fucked up in retirement

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No fucking doubt. But hand-wringing isn't the answer. And honestly, just accepting it isn't that awful a response. But complaining about it while doing jack shit to change it irks this guy right here.
    lots of people are looking for change
    all these kids know the system is rigged against them so why do they care
    the millenials will jump right in pretty soon and create that change just need to get rid of the boomers holding onto their ways and refuse to change anything
    because god forbid the way of the world adjust and they start to loose everything "they worked so hard for"
    I love paying for their healthcare and social security
    that college education they got for pennies on todays dollars?
    take take take and shit all over everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Mallthus View Post
    I will say this for the Boomers: they’ve greeded their way towards creating the unfettered capitalism that Marx said was necessary for proletariat revolution. He said that revolution would naturally occur when workers could not afford the goods they produced. We are, literally, at that point now.
    A friend of mine said a while ago, "if it wasn't for cheap Chinese shit at Walmart we already would've had a revolution in this country". Well Unca Donny's been working on that one, it might get interesting.

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 12-13-2019 at 08:07 AM.

You know for a bunch of crusty old presumably upper middle class white dudes, you’re a miserable bunch by and large.
    Do some aspects of our current society suck and need improving, sure, but would you really want to live at any other time in this planets history? I mean seriously, for most of human history you’d be a peasant or rarely a king. Slaving away and never going further then a few miles from home was normal for centuries. Now the whole world is your oyster. Don’t like it, move somewhere that suits you. It’s easy, buy a plane ticket, pack a bag and leave. Hell you can pay to go to outer space now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    You know for a bunch of crusty old presumably upper middle class white dudes, you’re a miserable bunch by and large.
    Do some aspects of our current society suck and need improving, sure, but would you really want to live at any other time in this planets history? I mean seriously, for most of human history you’d be a peasant or rarely a king. Slaving away and never going further then a few miles from home was normal for centuries. Now the whole world is your oyster. Don’t like it, move somewhere that suits you. It’s easy, buy a plane ticket, pack a bag and leave. Hell you can pay to go to outer space now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Move somewhere like the 25th century? WTF are you talking about?

Ruined everything. It’s on the Interwebz. Must be true.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...merica/592336/