Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Calling me "buddy" even with the most amicable of intentions, is among the quicker ways to elicit a rancorous response from me. Getting my attention by shouting "hey, you son of a whore" would genuinely bother me far less.

I guess this belongs in the Shit That Annoys You thread, but it seemed apropos here.
    Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Calling me "buddy" even with the most amicable of intentions, is among the quicker ways to elicit a rancorous response from me. Getting my attention by shouting "hey, you son of a whore" would genuinely bother me far less.

I guess this belongs in the Shit That Annoys You thread, but it seemed apropos here.
    Okay bud

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Best Buddy

Move upside and let the man go through...

maybe if yer some reactionary fucking American but up here Buddy is yer every-man in Canada so its ok to call everyone buddy, there's even a group called " Buddy wasisname and the other fellers " and here he is telling a joke with buddy in it

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    A general upbringing that never emphasized empathy and over weighed the concept of 'self-made' to the point of pathology; they never thought to reflect that collective societal improvements created the environment that brought them prosperity. When they surveyed what they "duly earned", completely ignoring that they stood on the shoulders of giants, and never saw past their own feet.
    Agreed.

Nobody gave a fuck about where the country was going as long as they got 'theirs'.
    That and they got snookered by politicos talking shit and got us here where we are today.
    If yer not politically active and yer bitchin here, yer just another whore like them.

Jail the 1% and divvy their wealth amongst the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    maybe if yer some reactionary fucking American but up here Buddy is yer every-man in Canada so its ok to call everyone buddy, there's even a group called " Buddy wasisname and the other fellers " and here he is telling a joke with buddy in it

Live Free or Die

Hey buddy boy, have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Execute the 1% and their dependents (can't leave anyone around to avenge them) and divvy their wealth amongst the rest.
    FIFY.

The Baby Boomer is one of my favorite DJ's. Friday nights on the Soulful Strut. Check it out!

https://www.opb.org/kmhd/programs/soulful-strut/

save up an especially rancorous one for me, ok buddy.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post

Is that the right syntax to convey a friendly bird, or is it "?"

From this day forward Glademaster shall only be referred to as “Buddy”. So it has been declared.

Get ready for the rancorous I guess.

Right, buddy?

Where do you sit with "cheif", "hoss" or "bro"...?
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I would like to point out the ill advised is a UPer, which is pretty much the same as being Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    From this day forward Glademaster shall only be referred to as “Buddy”. So it has been declared.
    It's better than Bunny.

Re killing the 0.1%--my grandfather would approve. He used to tell me that capitalists should be lined up against a wall and shot. He was a Communist in Russia before the revolution. He never let politics get in the way of making a good living--he made a lot of money selling bread to the army during WWI and later in real estate and insurance.

You mean he wasn't rancorous enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    fukkin lmfao, bobby

"I mostly post for the shock value. But also to talk about how cool I am."

-Tao of Glade

Honestly I think he thinks he's doing the right thing. Which, objectively, it's hard to say he's not doing. He has opinions that are pretty wack sometimes but he at least throws them out there as food for thought or whatever, at least he's not stewing over it. I don't mind it.

budbudbudbudbudbud buuuuuuuuuuuddy!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Re killing the 0.1%--my grandfather would approve. He used to tell me that capitalists should be lined up against a wall and shot. He was a Communist in Russia before the revolution. He never let politics get in the way of making a good living--he made a lot of money selling bread to the army during WWI and later in real estate and insurance.
    I don’t mind true capitalists, it’s the corporate and political poseurs that I would line up.
    A local mill recently shut down, owned by a very large publicly traded company. Forest companies contribute about 1/3 of the province’s GDP, and as such are heavily invested in by the large provincial pension funds (govt, health, teachers, etc), of which I am a part of. The company shut down the mill because of a constrained timber supply, which is true, but the mill was in the middle of the remaining timber, unlike many of the surrounding mills that will continue to operate. Like most of the big guys, they like to control the cost of units of input, this being the log market. Due to the softwood lumber issue, BC auctions about 20% of the provincial timber harvest to derive the market value of the logs, and then determines the appropriate stumpage (royalty) on that volume. Due to constrained supply, the timber is being priced at a premium, and so stumpage is high.
    The fuckers and their ilk keep protesting efforts of the indigenous and local communities to prevent the consolidation of the forest licenses so the big mill players can manipulate the log market prices, and even go so far to state, and get some ‘capitalist’ politicians/parties to support, a arbitrary reduction of the stumpage rates to help prevent mill and logging shutdowns. This despite the result would be, rightfully so, facing countervailing duties selling to the US due to unfair supply subsidization.
    Corporate welfare recipients, and extortionists they are, true capitalists they are not. Fuck em all.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Where do you sit with "cheif", "hoss" or "bro"...?
    DUDE!!

Is that the right syntax to convey a friendly bird, or is it "?"
    either way if it’s to a buddy and not just a random bird
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Forrest Gump is really just a caricature of each and every boomer.

At what point in history did "man" morph into "dude" and where does "buddy" fit in?

I think the first handle reformation came about sometime in the early 80s. It was definitely post bell bottoms and maybe about the time punk made the preppies realize how uncool they were.

Likely developing from trashy surf punk vernacular, it left many more establishment slang bearers in the dust, so a schism developed in the 90s or so to bring about the latter fracture more acceptable on golf courses, in courtrooms and in exclusive club bars.

Born on a rising tide of yuppies, on exchange floors and in investment banks, it festered back into more common usage.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<