Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    naw dude
    just sick of these boomers telling me how it is thinking they are smart and shit
    finally getting my rip and going to shred the knar knar

did spend two hours today with a guy and his wife today in their four million dollar house, three sinks, two dishwashers, 8 burner viking plus skittle and commerical fridge, two wine fridges
    they think there twelve year old kitchen is too rustic and want something modern
    oil money
    she had her check book out and wanted to write me a check, I was like hold on honey

my kind of people seriously, I can charm the pants right off the wife talking about backsplash tile
    can't bite the hand that feeds you can you?

FYI I think they millennials are the bomb, seriously, they are just sitting back knowing they are fucked and don't give a rats ass
    You don't hate Boomers.

You hate 1%'ers

Mighty wide brush you got there

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    but its not rocket science spend less than you make & save 10%
    "But what about my daily avocado toast and soy mocha latte frappuccino on the way to work?!"

Likely, being in the trades, fred deals with a lot of people that want high end domestic shit, who are, given that as icemang sagaciously summarizes, older and likely b00mers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

the funny thing about weed................
    boomers suddenly decided that its socially acceptable so we ended up with leaglized weed in certain states

today boomers are so wacked out and in denial about being drunk, popping endless pills, so maybe throw some weed in there too
    they point their fingers at the heroin epedemic, but don't bother looking in the mirror in the morning as they feed themself pill after pill start drinking in the afternoon and smoke some dope
    all fucked up in retirement
    Wrong.

The Silent Generation was the ones against the weeds

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    This whole thread started because some baby boomer woman wanted new backsplash tile?
    no, finished grout not same shade as sample piece stuck to shelf at bigbox....wants it ripped out and complete redo....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Freddie, are you a tile guy? GC? or what? Let's get moving on this tile job so you can make some $$. We're here to help. Quit fucking around on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    no, finished grout not same shade as sample piece stuck to shelf at bigbox....
    White is hard to keep clean but if you go with grey, it just looks dirty against white tile. I'm not sure what consensus is here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    "But what about my daily avocado toast and soy mocha latte frappuccino on the way to work?!"
    you sure are an angry lil guy

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Would have been nice if they noticed this bullshit before, you know, democracy died:

The Percentage of First Amendment Cases Involving Businesses, 1946-2001
    Yer gonna pin a Supreme Court appointment in 1971 on Boomers? Less than have of the cohort could even vote then. Presidents from Eisenhower up until Clinton were Greatest Generation

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A balanced budget.
    Federal budget was in balance or a surplus 13 years in the last 90. And Reagan was a Greatest Generation Prez

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Tax the fuck out of the wealthy. For starters.
    Yup, this I agree with. The Laffer Curve supporting Reagan’s cuts is a joke, but as you remember, times were pretty tough in 1980, so tax cuts made some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Finish the activism that they started. The movement was there, it got quiet and then the Reagan era happened. Probably didn't help their most popular leaders were assassinated.
    Boomers got married and had Millenials. Kinda hard to simultaneously man the barricades and manage your job, spousal relationship and kids life to the fullest extent necessary. Boomers were the first generation where both spouses had to work to support a family, making social activism time difficult. And Boomers couldn’t protest by Tweet the way Millennials can today

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Not opposed adoption of the metric system. Last great push there was late 1960s- early 70s when Boomers had no political clout.

Not opposed adoption of a national healthcare system. Please show me the organized resistance to this by Boomers.

Opposed the war on terror, invasion of Iraq, etc. - you mean in the early 00’s, when Millenials were able to vote but didn’t.

Not supported the war on drugs. That was 1968 - the oldest Boomers were 24 then :Rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Irony, do you speak it?

Not to say my generation hasn't blown it, but it has by no means any lock on selfish, self aggrandizing, overblown, whiney, obsequious, narcissistic, exclusive assholes.
    This.
    If millennials want to blame something for their reduced opportunity, blame computer technology and China for taking all the low-end jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

I'm Gen-X, I just sit back and do nothing like a referee at wrestle-mania.
    pretty spot on
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    This.
    If millennials want to blame something for their reduced opportunity, blame computer technology and China for taking all the low-end jobs.
    The transfer of technology & industry to China was a conscious choice of western business. It produced a wealth of cheap consumer goods & stock prosperity in the short term, with some lingering effects. That whole "The World is Flat" crap was boomer pushed bullshit; now of course they want to undo that via Trump. Perfect example of the profit then, fuck over the future mentality.

Not to say my generation hasn't blown it, but it has by no means any lock on selfish, self aggrandizing, overblown, whiney, obsequious, narcissistic, exclusive assholes.
    I'm gonna go with this. While I could go on about how the world has changed under the watch of the boomers, I'm better off not wasting time thinking about it.

People that suck do so on their own accord. There membership is a certain socio economic group has nothing to do with it. We all suck from time to time, often daily for me.

If this shit really concerns you, focus on yourself. If we all do that perhaps we can do better than the boomers.

But yeah Freddy...many boomer customers with there entitled know it all attitude do suck.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The transfer of technology & industry to China was a conscious choice of western business. It produced a wealth of cheap consumer goods & stock prosperity in the short term, with some lingering effects. That whole "The World is Flat" crap was boomer pushed bullshit; now of course they want to undo that via Trump. Perfect example of the profit then, fuck over the future mentality.
    but but tom friedman won three pulitzers!! what is good for u.s. business is good for the u.s. it's china's fault!!!

This thread:

Name:  c29.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  54.7 KB

Doesn't most tile come on sheets now? Those poor bastards a couple generations ago used to have to lay and space each piece of tile by hand.

And thinset comes premixed. Easy peasy.

I know right? Everything is amazing and nobody is happy.

4 out of 5 dentists in TGR are boomers. I'm at the very end of the boomer criteria, born in 64.

All I have to say is GET OFF MY LAWN!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    but but tom friedman won three pulitzers!! what is good for u.s. business is good for the u.s. it's china's fault!!!
    Now he’s making a fine living writing cluttered observations on the dust settling

why does the baby boomer generation suck so bad

naw dude
    just sick of these boomers telling me how it is thinking they are smart and shit
    finally getting my rip and going to shred the knar knar

did spend two hours today with a guy and his wife today in their four million dollar house, three sinks, two dishwashers, 8 burner viking plus skittle and commerical fridge, two wine fridges
    they think there twelve year old kitchen is too rustic and want something modern
    oil money
    she had her check book out and wanted to write me a check, I was like hold on honey

my kind of people seriously, I can charm the pants right off the wife talking about backsplash tile
    can't bite the hand that feeds you can you?

FYI I think they millennials are the bomb, seriously, they are just sitting back knowing they are fucked and don't give a rats ass
    There are dumb and smart people of every age

Old people will be old

I was born in the last year of the boom and have with dismay watched the Republican Party work to tear down what the greatest generation wrought.

Newt Gingrich and Dennis Hastert have a lot to answer for

Unfortunately democrats don’t vote. The have nots feel it doesn’t matter and they are going to get hosed regardless

Let’s not forget bush2 and trump lost the general vote.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Now he’s making a fine living writing cluttered observations on the dust settling
    it's been a career of suckage

I'm the tail end of the X'ers. I hope you boomers die off and you millennials and Z'ers fix shit. Should put me right in the middle of a good retirement about the time it all comes together. God speed...

I’m the tail end of X’ers too. As I sit at a job I don’t give a shit about, working on an Excel report with System of a Down on the headphones perusing a ski forum waiting for other people to fix the world.

Yea baby

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm the tail end of the X'ers. I hope you boomers die off and you millennials and Z'ers fix shit. Should put me right in the middle of a good retirement about the time it all comes together. God speed...
    Sounds like a good plan.

Lt gray or white grout on white tile?

All's I want is my balls sucked once in a while.
    Is that too much to ask?
    Fred reminds me of the guy I subbed from when I started out.
    Great guy, but damn if he wasn't and still is, a grouchy fucker.

boomers are largely responsible for strangling housing development in vibrant job markets, raising prices for their own benefit and screwing over future generations. it's generational warfare. people are finally starting to realize it and talk about it at least. so much of the productivity and wealth generated by silicon valley is unproductively plowed back into obscene mortgage payments or rent, benefiting the same boomers who fight tooth and nail to keep so much of the valley zoned single family homes only. no apartment buildings. no townhomes. only 1960s shithole ranch houses selling for millions. it's a major problem, but one that's easy to rationalize away if you're comfortably sitting on a home you could never afford today.

boomer trump voters and hillary voters can all agree when it comes to zoning regulations: "we got ours, now go fuck off".

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sounds like a good plan.

Lt gray or white grout on white tile?
    Went white in the kitchen and regret it. Too dirty. Shades of brown for both tile and grout in the bathroom. I'm pretty good with that. Not sure I'd even do tile in a kitchen again. Would prefer a homogenous surface to crumbs are hand swept onto the floor and the dogs do their jobs.

I guess if I were Fred's client, I'd probably have someone cleaning everything so white grout wouldn't be so bad.